Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,238 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm looking to buy a lot at this location. it is beside a golf course near coyote wash. Does anybody know this area or location well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM

456 posts, read 1,500,952 times
I don't know it well, but I drive by it often. Until a few years ago, it was just desert. Now it is a planned community with a golf course. Mostly retirees, few if any families. I spoke with one of local school principals, he told me that there has been 0 enrollment from that area. Anything specific you wanted to know?

Curly

Old 08-28-2010, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 4,238 times
Are the lots more mobile homes or are they single familly residences?
It doesn't say much about what is around the area. i.e schools, malls etc.
where would I get additional info?? It is a good deal and I don't want to pass it up.
thanks for your help

Old 08-29-2010, 09:59 PM

456 posts, read 1,500,952 times
That is a VERY rural area. The closest mall is in Yuma, 30 miles away. And not much of a mall at that. Wellton is the city nearby, probably around 1000 residents. This is a farming community, Coyote wash is a golf course development that fills with snowbirds during the winter. Not a place for young families. Areas surrounding coyote wash are usually acre+ properties that have either mobile homes or site built homes, depending on the area.

There is a reason that the property is a good deal. I'm not saying this a bad area or a bad deal, just that it is a rural, farming community. If you buy, I hope you enjoy the smell of cattle.

Curly

Old 09-01-2010, 05:17 PM

861 posts, read 2,193,001 times
All I know is I caught some nice bass out of the river near there about 25 years ago,

Old 07-26-2019, 05:51 PM

16 posts, read 73,122 times
My husband and I just bought an acre in the Ligurta Foothills, right next to Wellton. We are retiring, but there are young families in the area, too. We are really loving the area, even if sometimes the smell of cattle drifts our way, which isn’t that often.

Old 07-30-2019, 11:58 AM

306 posts, read 336,790 times
The Coyote Wash golf course is a bit of a failed golf course community. The course is decent and open, but there are alot of empty lots. "Failed" is a little harsh, but it certainly hasn't come to fruition as originally planned and I believe they've relaxed the building requirements to include RV/manufactured homes. As said before, there's a reason it's cheap, but if the golf course survives, it could be a pretty cool setup. I live in the Fortuna Foothills which is about halfway between Yuma and Wellton. Wellton has very little in the way of the basics (grocery stores etc) and too far flung for me. Yuma is already in the middle of nowhere. Wellton is that much more remote. It's a good 40 minutes to the mall area/Yuma proper.

Old 07-30-2019, 01:31 PM

1,220 posts, read 1,597,132 times
Wellton is where I always stop for gas at the Chevron in the nice newerish coyote wash shopping center on my frequent trips back here to San Diego. There’s not much there besides the gas station, a hotel, a Jack in the Box, a local pizza place that’s never been open when I’ve stopped through. Wellton does appear like a nice clean little town though. Yuma isn’t terribly far. I can see living here if you’re retired.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:44 PM

4,606 posts, read 6,381,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlene40 View Post
Hello,
I'm looking to buy a lot at this location. it is beside a golf course near coyote wash. Does anybody know this area or location well.
So, I gather you've never been there ? Planning to before you commit ? The comments you've been given are accurate...buyer beware.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-31-2019, 07:13 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,376,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Wellton is where I always stop for gas at the Chevron in the nice newerish coyote wash shopping center on my frequent trips back here to San Diego. There’s not much there besides the gas station, a hotel, a Jack in the Box

Whoah! They have a JITB! Wellton getting uptown!

All kidding aside, I remember when Coyote Wash started up. There are some really nice places out there and the building codes were fairly strict. If I remember correctly, it was for site built only, a minimum of 1500 or maybe 1800 square feet, and side entry garages. It seemed like a great idea as the costs of lots in the Yuma Foothills was climbing, and the prices of homes in Yuma Proper was pushing families east into the Fortuna and Foothills areas that were traditionally snowbird havens away from the noise and the kids.

A friend of my uncle had gone out when one of the phases at Coyote Wash opened, and they were letting people reserve lots at $1000.00 down. You didn't have to pay for the rest at the time, it was simply a grand to stake your claim. He put down for five lots, and he sold his rights to them at a large profit. This was around 2004/2005 at the height of the boom.

I left Yuma not long after that, and I haven't been back to Wellton but I'm bummed to hear that they haven't been able to make that area pop. I do remember driving through in late 2004 and it was very nice. The clubhouse looked awesome, and it definitely looked like a lot of potential.

Wellton in general is a quiet town, a good place to go if you want to escape the noise. If you're a retiree and want to be around other retirees, I'm sure that would be a decent place to go but I'd do some scouting in person for sure. I hope I was of some help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona