Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caizlurol View Post
I've been to AZ twice and one time it was in the 90s. I really didn't know that it was 90 degrees. It felt like it was in the 70s. I'm very curious to know what 115 degrees feels like with low humidity.
This past summer in NJ, it got to 105 degrees with 60+% humidity. That was just plain disgusting weather. About 15 years ago, we had 115 degree weather (with 60+% humidity).
If I go outside in 75 degree weather with such a high humidity, I really don't feel a difference between 90 degrees and 75 degrees (in 60+% humidity).
I've met quite a few former East Coasters who moved to AZ and said they'd take the 115 degree weather over our 90, 100 degree humid-fog-up-your-windows weather. Soon, it will be my turn to see what this feels like and if they're right
And by the way, I will not miss the -10 F winters here. I mean, I dress like an Eskimo and I can still feel that bitter, bitter cold. 30 degrees is freezing. 0 degrees just plain hurts. Imagine what -10 feels like.
some parts of az it gets 105 with 60+ humidity dont let az fool you it seems to be getting more humid every year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 07:39 PM

1,128 posts, read 1,645,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxguy View Post
yes it has to be perfectly exact to the hundreth of a degree. If it's wrong my whole life would be over! Haha, besides if i agreed with lordbalfor we'd both be wrong.hahaha:d

lol :d

Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 PM

260 posts, read 511,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixscorpiogirl View Post
sounds like a winner to me when they start colonizing haha with my luck there would be some weird alien up there like in the movie Aliens.

As long as the food is good up there.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,696,064 times
Is 100+ degrees too hot to handle? Well, you brought up an interesting question and I'll put in my perspective. For me, anything about 105 degrees and higher is hot, 110 is hotter and a challenge. But that would be in dry heat. If it is humid however... well that's a different story right there. If you enjoy it in Indiana when it is 95-98 degrees, I think you will be just fine in AZ. Basically, if it is hot or cold, I try to just live my life and not complain. I must say though that the AZ heat can really get to some people. Good luck on your decision.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:45 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
The heat is over with after today for the next several months. Let's not talk about it anymore. It's too depressing.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:35 PM

207 posts, read 548,906 times
Stay in Indiana. You'll fry here. They named the place Phoenix 'cause 'Flaming Buzzard That Falls From The Sky Screaming For Water' (the original NDN name for the place) wouldn't fit on the road signs. It's registered 124 'couple days in a row here on the plateau 'tween the Silverbells and Tucsons. 108-111's for weeks at a time are not uncommon.

Santan Village is misspelled. It's really 'Satan Village'. Nothing grows in that frying pan area of the desert... not even cactus. 1st clue. Besides... we're all fat, uneducated and poor as church mice. (I read this forum and the transplant sniffy's tol' me so.) Besides that... 'got wolves. coyotes, rattlesnakes, 'n mountain lions wanderin' about. Oh... did I mention the scorpions and spiders?

Trick or Treaters out here get eaten. 'Just as well... they're overweight, stupid and poor. Did I mention 'illegal'? Pets disappear out of yards... things come out of the sky and carry them off. Yes... your darling little Foo-Foo is nothing more than lunch to the many types of raptors cruising around. Up north there's the bears. They'll eat you. This is why we carry guns to the grocery store... bear attacks in parking lots are up... unless you get kidnapped by Mexican drug cartels first. They just cut off your head 'n feed the rest to the bears... wolves, coyotes, mountain lions.

People vanish here in the desert all the time. Take a simple hike... 'poof'... GONE. 'Lot's of UFO sightings in this desert... I think there's a connection. They're the one's who never carry guns tho.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:44 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,118 times
I don't think many people from the East Coast realize that AZ can get really humid during the Mexican Monsoon months.

It isn't often but AZ and CAL can get scorched with 110+ temperatures with 70% humidy. Luckfully this year hasn't been bad for the Southwest thanks to la niña.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:26 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,601,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
I don't think many people from the East Coast realize that AZ can get really humid during the Mexican Monsoon months.

It isn't often but AZ and CAL can get scorched with 110+ temperatures with 70% humidy. Luckfully this year hasn't been bad for the Southwest thanks to la niña.

Oh no!! Well, I'm still looking forward to my move. I can't wait for "warm winters" where it won't make it down to the sub-zero temperatures.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,162,804 times
Quote:
Oh no!! Well, I'm still looking forward to my move. I can't wait for "warm winters" where it won't make it down to the sub-zero temperatures.
It does get humid during monsoon, and I love complaining about it, but, really, I don't think the humidity is comparable to the midwest or east coast. YMMV, though.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
It never, ever, ever is 110 with 70% humidity. That would be a dewpoint of 98 degrees and that does not happen here or anywhere on earth I don't think. Typical monsoon dewpoints are around 60 degrees (July through early Sep) and that is 20% humidity at 110 degrees. That is about as bad as it gets and that is bad enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona