Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 04:58 AM

4 posts, read 8,831 times

Advertisements

i have 3 cities that i've narrowed down just need some personl info about them,education for adults,night life,jobs,weather,etc,these cities which is best sierra vista,AZ,Colorado Springs, CO and washington statepls help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 05:28 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
One of the "cities" you've "narrowed down to" is "Washington state"?

It might be helpful if you give us a little more information about what you are looking for in a place to live, what field you are looking for jobs in, etc.

Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmyplymat3 View Post
i have 3 cities that i've narrowed down just need some personl info about them,education for adults,night life,jobs,weather,etc,these cities which is best sierra vista,AZ,Colorado Springs, CO and washington statepls help?
Holy moley! Those locations are like comparing apples and oranges. First, obviously, you ask about two cities and one entire state. And here's the estimated population:
  • Washington state - 7M
  • Colorado Springs CO - 415K
  • Sierra Vista AZ - 44K
So they have virtually nothing in common. Perhaps if you provide some information, people can provide you with more useful info.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:01 AM

308 posts, read 791,679 times
Where in upstste NY are you from? What are your plans for work? Are you tied to the military (CO. Sprgs ans Sierra Vista)? Are you married? Kids? Give us something to work with

Old 10-24-2010, 02:50 PM

well work is not a problem i already have a job and i can move to these 3 places i did not pick a city for washington bec i would not reallt be liveing there just wanted more in about the stae

Old 10-24-2010, 02:56 PM

i already have a job, have the choice to move these places

Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,164,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmyplymat3 View Post
well work is not a problem i already have a job and i can move to these 3 places i did not pick a city for washington bec i would not reallt be liveing there just wanted more in about the stae
Well, you still haven't given anyone enough information to provide you with any useful information.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,519,794 times
Quote:
education for adults,night life,jobs,weather,etc,these cities which is best sierra vista,AZ,Colorado Springs, CO
Weather? Sierra Vista wins (can't get much better than Sierra Vista, IMHO).
Night Life? Colorado Springs wins.
Schools? It's probably six-one, half-dozen the other. But I'll give a slight benefit of the doubt to Colorado.
Adult Education? There is a community college there. U of A is a little over an hour away. I'm not sure what is in Colorado Springs....

Old 10-28-2010, 11:01 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,700,359 times
Well WA state and Co in general are not too much for nightlife in the late fall and winter due to WX conditions for many.
We lived in WA a couple of times and if you are west of the mountains be prepared for rain and lots of it. When we lived there (Tacoma, Gig Harbor and Oak Harbor on Whidbey Island) we used to kid the locals that the state flower should be the mold spore and they should consider racing the slugs for entertainment that seemed to crawl everywhere. Don't step on of of them either, my wife did and fell and broke her glasses!
We also lived in Aurora in CO while I was in the Army and stationed at the now closed hospital. We did not like going anywhere in the winter due to winds and snow but we were not raised with those conditions either.
I have also lived in and around Sierra Vista for sometime. It's a much smaller town than Colorado Springs or so I think it is.
I don't know that you will find a whole of night life in Sierra Vista though.
It's a typical smaller military town if you know what that is. It has a wide mix of people and constantly changing due to transfers of military personnel and base contracts coming and going.
The WX on the other hand is much nicer than the other two areas you have outlined but it may be too warm for you coming from upstate NY as you will have some occasional 100s to deal with. on the other hand the winter is pretty nice. They get a little snow but the most I have even seen in downtown SV is around 8" (in '67 or '68)and most cannot remember that much. My wife was born in Tombstone so we pretty much know the history of the area.
I note you have a chance for a job in SV but be aware that the town and how it's doing is very closely tied to what happens at Fort Huachuca.
When I first got there in '67 the town had very little going for it and the fort was almost dead.
Before we left that area 2 years ago we saw many businesses closing but that was also happening all over the country too.
The last thing you may want to consider is that Cochise County has very high illegal immigration due to it's connection with the border and quite a bit of drug smuggling also. The feds even posted these signs on their lands a few years ago.

All in all it appears we have lived in most of the places you are considering. If you like rain western WA will work for you. If you need night life stick to the bigger cities. I liked CO, very pretty. But the winters were hard on us at the time and we had just spent two years in the snow in Germany courtesy of the Army.
I am not sure about night life in CO as it's been years since we were there but they used to roll the street up in Denver at 7 PM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona