Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,256 times

Advertisements

Anyone who moves to the Phoenix area are nuts! My son-in-law was shot by a passenger in a vehicle the end of February. He was shot and paralyzed. Why do these animals think they have the right to endanger, take, or change another person's life simply because they were cut off, etc. We have heard nothing of the shooter being caught and with most likliehood will not be arrested. To the coward who did this - you are sick and when your time comes - I hope it is soon. My kids were 23 and 24 and just starting their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 01:42 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
So sorry that this happened to your family. The freeways here are probably the biggest downside to moving here. We ran into a psyco on our way to the airport in Feb. We did not even cut him off, we were simply doing the speed limit. Every time we changed lanes to get him off our tail he would move with us and cut us off. Very scary indeed. Again, I could not feel worse for innocent victims.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 PM

276 posts, read 1,142,498 times
So you are saying don't move here because of the road rage? In Detroit, there was a woman that got killed on the Belle Isle bridge because she cut somebody off.

I lived in Va Beach and I have very bad road rage...so I guess nobody should move to the city I live in because of it.

Sorry to hear your story but I don't agree to not move somewher because of the roadrage.

I'll take Phoenix's traffic anyday over Atlanta's.

Old 07-08-2007, 01:52 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
I am also very sorry for what has happened to your family.

I think everyone is at risk, no matter what. I had an incident about a year ago on my to work. At the time I was taking either 51st ave or 59h ave, south from Union Hills to Northern. A crazy guy in a big truck started having road rage with me, I had no clue where he came from, but it got VERY bad real quick. He was stalking me. He'd slow right down almost stopping and then speeding up and then stop again and then open his door and then speed up. I'd change lanes, then he would too. He kept staring at me when I'd try to lose him in traffic. Toward the end while sitting in traffic he opened up his car door to get out and I started honking my horn to get peoples attention. It was so scary!! I got out my phone to call the cops and he took off. I was so shaken by the time I got to work. I called my BF and he ended up calling the cops just to let them know about it.

Unfortunately, this is NOT the first I have been followed!

Old 07-08-2007, 05:28 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Um, I actually thought you guys had LESS road rage than where I live (FL). Or maybe I just picked a good week to visit PHX.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM

648 posts, read 3,091,054 times
it's true, the phoenix metro area is a dangerous place to drive. i've been rearended here 3 times, cut off daily, have aggressive drivers on my bumper daily. see an accident here on average of once a week. if you don't drive at least 10 miles over the speed limit, you will be a victim of the aggressive drivers here.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:05 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Your story is really sad and I too hope the perpetrator gets his due. I experience road rage when those around me are illogical. I know that must be a lot to expect nowadays. If there's anything we do on a constant basis that is entirely logical, it's driving. All the rules make perfect sense to avoid accidents and be safe. Yet, it's apparently asking too much for people to drive like their lives depended on it. Either there are scores of people who don't value their lives (or anyone else's) or we truly live in a distracted and ignorant society.

Everyone's content to get their driver's license for a few bucks and then they all complain about the cost of insurance. Why so high? Because people don't know how to drive!

Here's my solution:

Instead of paying $12 once for a driver's license and $1,200 annually for insurance, let's make driving a privilege instead of a 'right'. You should pay about $1,000 for a driver's license achieved through strict examination. If Jimmy Teenager can't afford it, too bad. We're all better off if he waits. Failure to abide by the rules of the road removes YOU from the road. If insurance rates don't drop after this, then investigate the insurance companies. The insurance companies have no interest in you knowing how to drive. The more they can charge, the better. Their motivation is profit. If it's collected over dead and mangled bodies, they don't care.

Why throw our money away (to this industry in particular) when we could have better drivers and safer roads at the beginning of the process, when we learn how to drive? Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
We also got out the old cell phone when our freeway psycho was torturing us. I looked at his license and make the motion of calling and speaking on it. He took off and got off the next exit. Take a photo of the car if you have a camera phone.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:23 PM

77 posts, read 229,954 times
Default ok I have to share this

I moved here with my car not a dent on it, with in one year it was hit in the front and again read ended! now I drive for myself and everyone else, can't tell yo how many times a little caution has saved my butt! I do not make left turns on red, because you don't know if they are stopping, this might get me shot because Phoenix drivers hate me for this, I don't venture into the intersection till I see its gonna clear for me to go, till its green baby I don't go, cause you know where Im from green meant go and red meant stop! so far no damage to my new car.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:25 PM

276 posts, read 1,142,498 times
You'll find that anywhere, it's not limited to this city or even to this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: