Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 06:46 AM

10 posts, read 35,456 times

Advertisements

MOving from Florida to Sierra Vista Az to work at Ft Huachuca is this a good place to raise a son and a daughter ? I am a single father with two young teenagers that stay with me full time 14 and 18. How is the rentals out there ? What is there to do for young teenagers and as a single father I am not into night clubs or bars so the night life doesn't bother me . Someone PLEASE HELP me before I make this move . Thanks .

Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,518,721 times
First, I recommend looking at the old threads on this topic: http://www.city-data.com/forum/searc...rchid=27117219. There is a lot of good information already out there.
As far as things to do, they'll enjoy this place: Sierra Vista, Arizona / About the Cove
There is also a mall and movie theater. If they like the "old west" Tombstone is a short drive away. If they are into outdoor activities, check out: Arizona State Parks: Kartchner Caverns: Home and Coronado National Forest - Home Page
If that is not enough, Tucson is a little over an hour away and there's tons there for you and your kids to enjoy.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:37 AM

10 posts, read 35,456 times
Thanks for your help and info .

Old 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,916,812 times
I have not heard good things about the high school. You may want to consider the Fort's schools. Next to the Cove, there is a skate park. There are also activities and possible volunteer possibilities at Ramsey Canyon and the San Pedro House. Kartchner is neat but expensive.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM

308 posts, read 791,475 times
There are also a couple of charter schools, CASS and Imagine that I know of. If you and your kids are at all oriented to outdoor sports like birding, hiking, off-roading (quads, trucks, jeeps, dirt bikes) you will never run out of trails to explore.

Old 02-14-2011, 11:22 PM

137 posts, read 520,644 times
Are you military or contractor/civilian?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 AM

308 posts, read 791,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonYellow View Post
Are you military or contractor/civilian?

If you were asking me, lemon, I work pt for the city, and pt for a gov. contractor while I am going to school.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:51 PM

137 posts, read 520,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAinAZ View Post
If you were asking me, lemon, I work pt for the city, and pt for a gov. contractor while I am going to school.

No I meant the OP. Depends on if he was looking for TDY or had living expenses. And if he wanted to work close to the base?

I assume he already figured it out though! lol

Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 AM

54 posts, read 154,843 times
SV is okay! It has like the others have said... The cove (which is an indoor pool with a wave machine & slide) City Park (where the cove & skate park are) Mall (small, but okay with theater) there is also another theater, If your kids like outdoors activities like hiking, bird watching,camping, etc. then they will like it okay! Personally I grew up here & am tired of it here! There isn't alot to do for younger people & yeah Tucson is only about an hour away, but still! As far as rent, depends on what you are looking for. Moderator cut: advertising/solicitation not permitted Other than that, cheapest rent is with mobiles, apartments next, & houses last. I have lived here for 27 years so if you have any other questions just let me know!

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-29-2011 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: advertising/solicitation not permitted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona