Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,469 times

Advertisements

My family and I might be relocating to Arizona; I am interviewing at a hospital in Phoenix. We have two young children so I would like to find an area to reside that is family friendly, safe, with good schools. Because of my children I would prefer not to commute very far if I can avoid it. We were considering Chandler, but now I am not so sure. Any suggestins? I know nothing about Phoenix or the surrounding areas!! Any information would be appreciated. Help!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:37 PM

611 posts, read 2,308,691 times
As you know the city of Phoenix is huge. So that we can help you, where is the hospital you're considering working at?

Also, I believe all hospitals are hiring. So you could work at any of the hospitals here.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,469 times
It is in the 85008 zip code area; five to ten minutes from the airport.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:00 AM

17 posts, read 41,981 times
There are many hospitals in the Phoenix area - many new ones opening in
the East Valley. Commutes can be long, depending on where you decide
to live and where you'll work. I suggest this site to keep up with local
news and having made a move like yours, would suggest that you rent
first and explore the different valley communities B4 making a decision.
Feel free to email me - I might be able to offer some suggestions if I
know more about your specific needs.

Arizona Local News - Phoenix Arizona News - azcentral.com

Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM

15 posts, read 71,976 times
Default Rent First!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary McKelvey View Post
My family and I might be relocating to Arizona; I am interviewing at a hospital in Phoenix. We have two young children so I would like to find an area to reside that is family friendly, safe, with good schools. Because of my children I would prefer not to commute very far if I can avoid it. We were considering Chandler, but now I am not so sure. Any suggestins? I know nothing about Phoenix or the surrounding areas!! Any information would be appreciated. Help!!!
The best suggestion I can make is RENT FIRST. There are a glut of rental houses on the market so you should be able to get a good deal on rent. You do not want to buy and be stuck in an area that you hate. There are a lot of things for you to consider. You mentioned that you'd prefer not to commute. So what if you job doesn't work out at this hospital and you have to take a job at another hospital that's 20 miles away? If you rent and get a six month lease you'll be able to get a sense of whether or not you're going to stay at your job, if you can stand the Phoenix heat, if you like the area, etc. Arizona is a lot different than Michigan. You should get to know the area before you buy a house and get stuck. My wife and I moved from Traverse City, MI to Arizona about 4 years ago. We bought in Queen Creek. We got a great deal on a nice new house with a pool, but we both had to drive 25-30 miles back and forth to work. It was horrible. We were lucky enough to sell the place and make a profit after only living there for 9 months, now we live in the Prescott area. Phoenix wasn't for us. In this market you need to be careful. You don't want to get stuck. You said that you know nothing about Phoenix so don't make a hasty decission. Rent a house first, get to know the area, make sure that you like the area, make sure that you like your job and the people, then buy.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,025 times
Default Prescott AZ

Are you still living in the Prescott area and what do you think of this area? Looking to relocate to AZ and Prescott is on the top of our list. How are jobs in the Prescott area and is it a family friendly community? Thank you for any feedback that you can provide.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:47 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMichigan23 View Post
Are you still living in the Prescott area and what do you think of this area? Looking to relocate to AZ and Prescott is on the top of our list. How are jobs in the Prescott area and is it a family friendly community? Thank you for any feedback that you can provide.
Hi and welcome to C-D.

Since you're new here, you may not have noticed you posted to a thread that is 5-1/2 years old. There is nothing wrong with that, but you may not get a reply.

There is a separate section of the forum dedicated to Prescott. You may want to browse through there, if you haven't already, and if you have specific questions, start a thread there. You can access it here.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:49 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
Closing this thread so the new poster can start one in the right forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona