Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:29 AM

16 posts, read 108,299 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are moving from Michigan for my husbands job, and we have alot of ?'s. Not sure were to look for a house, prefer houses over condo or apt. We have never lived in a subarb. We live in the city limits but the city is not so big. I am from a small town so the big city is going to be different for me, not sure if we should look in the burbs or within city limits. I have heard good and bad things about the Mesa-Gilbert area not sure what to think. Is there an affordable place closer to Fountain Hills? Not sure about Pheonix.
We have four young children (7,6,5,4) we are a blended family, don't think we could have four that close if we were not. Two of the children are in 1st grade one in kindergarten and one in pre-school. Is there a better area for schools or are the all about the same? Once all the kids in school full time I would like to finish my schooling.
We are also wondering about pitbull laws, he have had one since he was 6 mnth, he is know about 7 years, he has been with children since he got him. He was great with my children when we moved in.
We are a busy family we enjoy doing a variety of things. We have atv's, is there a place to ride. What about fishing, movies, parks, zoo's, swimming, camping, hunting?
I am sure I will have more ?'s later, sorry if I am a bit overwelming, any info will help, Thank You!

Last edited by Felipeamy; 09-05-2007 at 08:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 AM

461 posts, read 1,810,115 times
There are tons of rentals in the Fountain Hills area. Scottsdale is a good choice as well. Chandler and Gilbert are a little further out, but would probably be a little less expensive. This is an excellent website for rentals:

Phoenix Home Rentals, Homes for Rent in Phoenix AZ, Apartments, Houses for Rent, and Rental Homes in Phoenix, Arizona

You can choose specific cities and they show lots of pictures of the homes, as well as give tons of info about the community it's in. WAY better than Craigs List.

I too am from Mich trying to move to AZ. Just waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for my house to sell. I'm from West Bloomfield/Commerce Twp area . . . where are you from?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:41 AM

We are from Battle Creek, I grew up in Marshall and he is originally from Grand Rapids. Why are you moving, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:21 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Is your husband's work around Fountain Hills? Try to stay close to where your work will be, the traffic is a bit of a challenge and getting worse every day.
N. Phoenix has some great neighborhoods. Fountain Hills is lovely, but expensive.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM

149 posts, read 533,542 times
All schools in Fountain Hills were ranked as excelling schools in Maricopa County during 2005-2006 school year (Best Schools in Phoenix - Find a Good School in Maricopa County)

Fountain Hills is one of the safest place to live

Old 09-05-2007, 10:55 AM

461 posts, read 1,810,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipeamy View Post
We are from Battle Creek, I grew up in Marshall and he is originally from Grand Rapids. Why are you moving, if you don't mind me asking?
NOT because I hate Michigan, but because I just can't take the winters anymore. I absolutely love the desert environment and the heat. I've done my research, I've been there many times and I just fell in love with AZ. I work for the oldest and largest law firm in Michigan (we have an office in GR and KZ), so I am giving up the security of that job, but am very excited about this new adventure!

Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Cave creek is a really nice area also.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM

I have never been but it is where my mom would like to retire. What law firm? We wre supposed to leave last weekend but found out that we have to fight for custody of his children. They have lived with him for 3 years, she left and did not take them, but yet she does not want them to go, she says its to far even though she barely sees them now. Our process is in G.R. just wondering how long it will take and if you have any suggestions on anything we can do to better our chances.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Couldn't find anything there. I've only been able to look online. Do you have any other ideas were to look?

Old 09-05-2007, 12:10 PM

His work will be in F.H. he's in construction so could be anywhere but supposed to be in F.H. Right now he is on a job that is two hours away. He's leaves at 5a.m. and gets home at 8:30p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona