Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:10 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times

Advertisements

Now that the DQ is gone, Kingman could really use a good old fashioned ice cream shop. Maybe right along the Rt66 strip near downtown. It would clean-house. I think you, Peggy Anne should run it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Now that the DQ is gone, Kingman could really use a good old fashioned ice cream shop. Maybe right along the Rt66 strip near downtown. It would clean-house. I think you, Peggy Anne should run it.
Refresh my memory here: where was the DQ in Kingman?

In all fairness: I much prefer Baskin Robbins.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:12 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
But there's no Basin Robbins here either as far as I know. DQ was in a strip mall on Stockton Hill, across from the old Safeway. Right near the freeway. The strip mall was set back aways from the road, so you really had to look carefully to see the DQ. It was a terrible location. Ugly, and easy to miss. The most recent owner had to leave town, and I guess they couldn't find anyone to sell the business to.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:53 PM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
In my opinion Mr D's is way over rated. High priced for so so food and drinks.
Yes a ice cream place would be great!

I have been working out in the Topock area this week around Mile Post 2 on I-40 needless to say it has been barn burning HOT in the sun while working.

Its been a daily stop at the Sonic on Andy Devine for a cool down.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
But there's no Basin Robbins here either as far as I know. DQ was in a strip mall on Stockton Hill, across from the old Safeway. Right near the freeway. The strip mall was set back aways from the road, so you really had to look carefully to see the DQ. It was a terrible location. Ugly, and easy to miss. The most recent owner had to leave town, and I guess they couldn't find anyone to sell the business to.
Damn.

Although there is a B/R along Hwy 95 in old Bullhead just N of the Safeway.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM

34 posts, read 91,018 times
Actually, they have three on the River: Bullhead, Fort Mohave and Laughlin. I like B/R well enough but you can't beat softserve.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 PM

227 posts, read 535,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Any Great Fine Dining Clubs in Kingman
Hummm. Let's see here. Kingman , AZ , route 66 , between Oatman and Seligman. Some how a good 'ol Stucky's comes to mind?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
I vaguely recall a DQ on Northern ? not far from OOPS CANS. (another really neat place to stretch your food dollar !) There is an ice cream place next to ? the vacuum guy on Northern. I didn't do the happy dance, however, because they didn't have the chocolate jimmies, or genuine whipped cream. I collect ice cream scoops. How about a "Have Scoop will Travel" Ice cream mobile ? Woot ! Old fashioned frozen custard, not that chemical laden watery stuff.

Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 AM

1,552 posts, read 6,476,741 times
The one place on Northern was the Dairy Ripple and I believe them to have moved into that area by the movie theater.
The one next to the vacuum cleaner place is still there but not 100% certain, drive by there 2 twice a day and don't pay it much attention.

Old 08-23-2009, 03:18 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambrush View Post
The one place on Northern was the Dairy Ripple and I believe them to have moved into that area by the movie theater.
The one next to the vacuum cleaner place is still there but not 100% certain, drive by there 2 twice a day and don't pay it much attention.
I could always buy up the old Dairy Ripple and open the "Frozen Udder." Or " Udder Delight." Ironically, I do crave ice cream when it's cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona