Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:11 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I'm starting to understand why so many of the "natives" who have lived here most/all of their lives, are so protective of this area..
Yuppirs! It is part of what makes Arizona such a terrible placeâ„¢️.

And yes, among other things, it is a huge part of why I moved here full time in the first place over 20 years ago and why I returned here for good last year.

Part of my long story, but before I decided Arizona was for me, I made a disastrous visit here. It seemed my vehicle just did not want to stay running much. But every time it broke down on the side of the road, someone soon pulled over to help. Everywhere, every time.

Now that I'm back it is nice to deal with friendly people that have a sense of humor (or at least put up with mine), something that did not happen for me the years I lived in WA state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 07:31 PM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Seems to me that, in the year 2017 people everywhere are alot nicer, more considerate, less judgemental, and have better manners than the baby boomer generation had in the 60's and 70's.

I hardly ever run across any smart alecks anymore. Back in the 60's, and 70's there were a lot of smart alecks about everywhere you go. Somebody always had something smart to say, usually sarcasm and/or insulting.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:32 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Seems to me that, in the year 2017 people everywhere are alot nicer, more considerate, less judgemental, and have better manners than the baby boomer generation had in the 60's and 70's.

I hardly ever run across any smart alecks anymore. Back in the 60's, and 70's there were a lot of smart alecks about everywhere you go. Somebody always had something smart to say, usually sarcasm and/or insulting.
Well, I am one of the last hold out Smart Alec's, I reckon. I never mean to insult, if I do; and in person I always put a big fat smile on my face. And I always welcome any returns. After all, if I can dish it out, I sure as heck better know how to take it. People here get that.

I got it from my best friend in high school. He and I used to practice how sarcastic (and sometimes insulting) we could get with each other. We knew, but the rest just stood and wondered.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:40 AM

2,773 posts, read 5,726,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Well, I am one of the last hold out Smart Alec's, I reckon. I never mean to insult, if I do; and in person I always put a big fat smile on my face. And I always welcome any returns. After all, if I can dish it out, I sure as heck better know how to take it. People here get that.

I got it from my best friend in high school. He and I used to practice how sarcastic (and sometimes insulting) we could get with each other. We knew, but the rest just stood and wondered.

It's funny every time I see this thread I want to post a bunch of @#^!%#&!^#%#@*&!

You know, just to keep it real.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:37 PM

461 posts, read 554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I believe its a mix of California's laid back attitudes mixed with Midwestern friendliness that makes the PHX area people so nice for the most part.
Florida has Midwestern transplants, but lately all I am seeing is increasing passive aggressiveness. Or people who will dismiss you by saying something like "Best of luck to you!". Its like an over the top friendly looking way of communicating like its very laid back, but its really not intended to be friendly if you know what I mean. Its actually meant to frustrate you and pull your hair out. Its like Why the hell do they talk this way to me?? It seems like at least 50% of the people now communicate to you like an outback restaurant server does.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post

I dunno man, it brought peoples true colors out more and there was humor in it I found when you had these so called smart alecks. Where I am from had a ton of them and I'll tell you this, it made the atmosphere more funny when people would respond to them too like YOU'RE SUCH AN AHOLE OR HES AN AHOLE.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:24 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Well...maybe all the transplants can start following suit and be a lot nicer, more respectful of others and leave their "me me me" attitudes behind them. Seems like there has been a lot of that in Chandler lately. Or maybe it is just me.

Old 09-21-2017, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
Well...maybe all the transplants can start following suit and be a lot nicer, more respectful of others and leave their "me me me" attitudes behind them. Seems like there has been a lot of that in Chandler lately. Or maybe it is just me.
It sounds like you're getting a yuppie invasion.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:12 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
I promise to be friendly once I get moved this weekend. It's good to hear folks are friendly and not uptight like they can be in other states which shall remain nameless but only have five letters.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 AM

4,071 posts, read 5,147,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSota14 View Post
It sounds like you're getting a yuppie invasion.
Not really...more like just a different class of people that can afford to live in a nicer area in AZ as compared to where they moved from. "Class" referring to Socio-Economic...regardless of race...just seems they weren't brought up with common decency, manners or "the people skills". Again, maybe it is just me but there seems to be a lot of rude people lately in Chandler.

Anyway...maybe the less stressful AZ environment will rub off on them and they will realize to lighten up and start being so self absorbed. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona