Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you votr for Sheriff Joe for Senate
yes 33 28.70%
no 82 71.30%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 08:27 PM

444 posts, read 321,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
The ratings are judged by who and what makes their rating the standard for conservatives? How do you know that website isn't some Bannonite judging those Republicans?

You need to look at the whole picture, not just conservatives rating other conservatives. That is very biased.
It is all based on how they vote, it is not for Republicans only, Democrats are ranked as well. Some of the widely know conservative Republicans like Ted Cruz, Mike Lee and Rand Paul all have been receiving A ratings. Well known RINOs like Mitch McConnell and Orrin Hatch are receiving F ratings as you would expect. I currently live in CA, looking to move to AZ and don't want AZ to be anything like CA in its political environment. I previously lived in AZ during the 70's when it was primarily conservative with senator Goldwater in office. Both the CA democrat senators received 0% liberty scores, no surprises there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,615,820 times
You do realize by today's standards, Goldwater would be considered a moderate, right?

Old 01-09-2018, 09:12 PM

587 posts, read 304,925 times
He'll win irregardless of how any city data poll turns out..

MAGA for life !

Old 01-09-2018, 09:48 PM

444 posts, read 321,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
You do realize by today's standards, Goldwater would be considered a moderate, right?
No, he was always a constitutional conservative. There is an interview with Goldwater by William F. Buckley Jr on Firing Line - The Future of Conservativism worth watching that showed the views he had. It was made in 1966, available on youtube.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,645,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post

MAGA for life !
Some stereotypes are just too hilarious. Classic post.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:26 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post

MAGA for life !
FYI, ‘irregardless’ is not a real word.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:42 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,342,135 times
Quote:
Actually, no. Trump only won AZ by 4 points. That's not a huge margin. AZ isn't really red any more, it's purple. And those non-right wing folks who have moved here since the last election? We do vote. And we get out and support candidates and campaign. The primary (and election) will not be a cakewalk for any of the 4 main GOP candidates. Too bad AZ couldn't come up with a moderate GOP candidate.
Umm....I think we are saying the same thing. I think AZ is OVERALL just right of center at this point and turning more left all the time.

And all of my posts are really about the ANALYSIS of the race - although I did state I would rather have a moderate Republican than a moderate Democrat. But the key word is MODERATE. I want someone who thinks through an issue rather than vote party or idealogical line every time.

I wish Flake was still in the race - so in that absence we ll have to see who is closest.

AND - not to get too far astray from the topic - but who knows if Arpaio and Trump have the same views on immigration anymore after Trump's "meeting on camera" today. I mention this only because Arpaio says the main reason he is entering the race is to "support Trump at every turn" or words to that effect.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
I have never seen Gov Ducey say anything negative concerning Sheriff Joe and do not think he is a rino but rather a strong conservative who would appoint a strong conservative unlike flake or mccain.
Wow - I am not sure how to take you at times. Gov Ducey IS a conservative - but nowhere near as far right as Ward or Arpaio. He is supporting better education, did NOT want the Medicaid expansion to disappear when the most recent Health Care debate was going on, is trying to reduce prison recidivism using some pretty progressive programs, and more.

What he IS, is a good politician, with future ambitions himself and knows not to say anything bad about anybody until it is absolutely politically required. Hence never heard anything bad about Arpaio.

But appoint either Ward or Arpaio to a Senate seat? Nope - don't see that happening.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 PM

And here is the first "official" poll for the primary including Arpaio and McSally - doing just what I said -

McSally - 31%
Arpaio - 29%
Ward - 25%

Technically a statistical tie between McSally and Arpaio - but the point is that it splits that hard core Republican primary vote between the two hard right candidates.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/pol...eat-in-arizona

Old 01-10-2018, 12:31 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,239,267 times
Quote:
Actually, no. Trump only won AZ by 4 points. That's not a huge margin. AZ isn't really red any more, it's purple. And those non-right wing folks who have moved here since the last election? We do vote. And we get out and support candidates and campaign. The primary (and election) will not be a cakewalk for any of the 4 main GOP candidates. Too bad AZ couldn't come up with a moderate GOP candidate.
Wish this false assumption would die already. There is no statistical difference in the presidential election results since at least 2000 that would support this nonsense; I didn't want to go back further but you can just note that Bill Clinton was a fluke. Since 2000 the Democratic presidential candidate hasn't gained any share of the total votes for the state, Trump ran people to the independents more than anything. As for senate seats it depends on how moderate the Democrats run against the Republicans, look at how well Kirkpatrick did and she still lost by 13 points.

Presidential Results
2000 - 51.0% (R) to 44.7% (D) - 4.3% Other
2004 - 54.9% (R) to 44.4% (D) - 0.7% Other
2008 - 53.4% (R) to 44.9% (D) - 1.7% Other
2012 - 53.5% (R) to 44.5% (D) - 2.0% Other
2016 - 49.0% (R) to 45.5% (D) - 5.5% Other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona