Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:46 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You really need to quit with the grammar police comments in every thread. It lessens anything you have to say.

It is very poor form in a discussion forum and is worse than anyone's grammar mistakes.
“Every thread” is quite a stretch. It’s a valid observation and perpetuates our backwards, uneducated reputation, when so many can barely string together a sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2018, 09:19 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
You really need to quit with the grammar police comments in every thread. It lessens anything you have to say.

It is very poor form in a discussion forum and is worse than anyone's grammar mistakes.
He thinks because there is a possibility that he could pass a 3rd grade grammar test that proves his "intellectual supperiority" Someone needs to inform the grammar policewoman that communicating ideas and philosophical views effectively requires far more intelligence than 3rd grade grammar which he/she hasn't demonstrated to me she has effectively mastered even 3rd grade grammar.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He thinks because there is a possibility that he could pass a 3rd grade grammar test that proves his "intellectual supperiority" Someone needs to inform the grammar policewoman that communicating ideas and philosophical views effectively requires far more intelligence than 3rd grade grammar which he/she hasn't demonstrated to me she has effectively mastered even 3rd grade grammar.
Why is this lady so mad? Her posting history is . Maybe a GoFundMe to buy her some punctuation?

Anything on-topic or were you just stopping by to say hello? I think the McCain thing has exhausted itself, as evidenced by the irrelevant posts.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,219,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I think the McCain thing has exhausted itself, as evidenced by the irrelevant posts.
Funny you should say that, since your irrelevant grammar policing post was the first post that started this path of the discussion.

You do that often. Post something irrelevant and then call others out for responding to your nonsense.

Old 09-04-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Funny you should say that, since your irrelevant grammar policing post was the first post that started this path of the discussion.

You do that often. Post something irrelevant and then call others out for responding to your nonsense.
I didn’t police anyone. I made an observation about THIS THREAD. Your post was about ME. Surely you see the difference and now understand who derailed this, right? Relevant vs. irrelevant.

Old 09-04-2018, 11:09 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
The funeral at North PHX Baptist was "ticket only" then? Only by invitation then? It is a pretty big church , IIRC. Was he a member there or just they had it there because of its size?
I believe that it was Cindy's childhood church and they were considered congregants there. However, John McCain publicly identified as Episcopalian until his 2008 campaign for president. Someone probably told him that being a Baptist was more palatable to Evangelical voters back then.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:30 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,606,099 times
Quote:
He seemed to me not very intelligent and volatile and was so small minded he blamed his defeat on his VP choice, ....

Did he blame her? I thought he kept that to himself?

But it is the case that she was the electoral shiv in his campaign's heart, a person who called the reporter asking "What newspapers do you read?" to a potential President a "gotcha question". You nominate a beauty queen you get a beauty queen, she became an international joke to all but the kool-aid drinkers & sunk his very good chances. It called into question his decision-making to those not of the Tea Party group & add that to his age & health....

It seemed to me he represented the independent, ornery, western conservative in the mold of Goldwater very well. He liked to BBQ & drink & watch football & apparently had all sorts of friends, not just those who were "politically correct" for his politics, that shows something good.

He wasn't actually from AZ though right, he adopted the state?

Old 09-08-2018, 03:50 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,803 times
Mccain is now dead and buried time to move on to the living.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:54 PM

381 posts, read 344,435 times
Quote:
John McCain laid the ground work for that very thing by not inviting the President. Your funeral should not be the time to settle political scores.

Prior to this week I simply didn't agree with McCain's politics. After this week I see what an egotistical and shallow person he was. He used his death to get one more jab at his political enemies and it cost the taxpayers a ton of money. This shows that he put himself above the people he said he served.

I feel this week was not a positive at all for McCain or Arizona as this thread suggests. I for one am glad he no longer represents Arizona.
Fantastic post. Spot on!

Old 09-10-2018, 08:05 PM

2,378 posts, read 2,707,802 times
Quote:
Speaking of intellectual superiority, I asked if you had anything proving your claim regarding Sarah Palin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: