Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 12:39 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,715,266 times

Advertisements

I wasn't a fan, overall, but in the last few years came to admire him more and more.

And I have to say that the couple of times I called his office for help, they were better than any other local elected official's office, in terms of courtesy, information, and follow-through.

Three nice articles:

He Was a Leader. And Also Really Fun.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/26/o...h-tribute.html

McCain Knew Our Greatness Was Imperiled
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/26/o...rty-trump.html

McCain 'Suffered Fools Poorly,' and Arizonans Admired Him for It
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/u...n-arizona.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 06:47 PM

30,403 posts, read 19,191,759 times
He seemed to me not very intelligent and volatile and was so small minded he blamed his defeat on his VP choice, not a fan and never was. At the end, he gave a big F you to the people that made his a life of power and wealth...so in conclusion, I have the opposite view.

Old 08-30-2018, 09:29 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,652,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
He seemed to me not very intelligent and volatile and was so small minded he blamed his defeat on his VP choice, not a fan and never was. At the end, he gave a big F you to the people that made his a life of power and wealth...so in conclusion, I have the opposite view.
LOL at calling someone unintelligent with run-on sentences and poor grammar. Maybe this is sarcasm?

Palin absolutely was a terrible choice. I’m not sure how anyone could argue against that.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
LOL at calling someone unintelligent with run-on sentences and poor grammar. Maybe this is sarcasm?

Palin absolutely was a terrible choice. I’m not sure how anyone could argue against that.
McCain would have fared far worse with another choice but the point is, he picked her so if she was an absolutely terrible choice as you claim, then it demonstrates my point about his lack of intelligence.

By the way, poor grammar like you have displayed is just one element of intelligence. Making good choices on who you hire requires more thought and intelligence.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
McCain would have fared far worse with another choice but the point is, he picked her so if she was an absolutely terrible choice as you claim, then it demonstrates my point about his lack of intelligence.

By the way, poor grammar like you have displayed is just one element of intelligence. Making good choices on who you hire requires more thought and intelligence.
Of course intelligence is displayed in different forms, but your post was dripping in hypocrisy. Calling someone unintelligent in broken English doesn’t do much to support your point.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:50 PM

44,637 posts, read 61,653,458 times
McCain initially wanted Joe Lieberman but the GOP base adored Palin and convinced McCain to accept her as his running mate.
John McCain Regrets His Palin Pick for the Wrong Reasons

Old 08-31-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Of course intelligence is displayed in different forms, but your post was dripping in hypocrisy. Calling someone unintelligent in broken English doesn’t do much to support your point.
I get the feeling I'm again dealing with weak intelligence here again. Anyway, I'm glad McCain never became President and is no longer a Senator and think he was extremely small minded for blaming his failures on who he picked as his VP and then to compound his small mindedness, he didn't invite the person he picked to his funeral and she was very gracious about it, she wins.

Nevertheless, I never enjoy seeing anyone go through what he went through.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I get the feeling I'm again dealing with weak intelligence here again. Anyway, I'm glad McCain never became President and is no longer a Senator and think he was extremely small minded for blaming his failures on who he picked as his VP and then to compound his small mindedness, he didn't invite the person he picked to his funeral and she was very gracious about it, she wins.

Nevertheless, I never enjoy seeing anyone go through what he went through.
That was some sentence! No one "wins" in a funeral. Talk about petty small-mindedness...

Old 08-31-2018, 09:12 PM

3,763 posts, read 5,864,669 times
The funeral at North PHX Baptist was "ticket only" then? Only by invitation then? It is a pretty big church , IIRC. Was he a member there or just they had it there because of its size?

Old 09-01-2018, 12:23 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,180,798 times
Senator McCain in his own words on completing the "danged" border fence and blaming illegal immigrants on a "spike in home invasions and murder". Of which we heard how much in the "news" media recently? The fakeness and hypocrisy in overdrive again, after throwing McCain under the bus for decades, they co-opt him in death and funeral for their anti-Trump fake tirades. This is beyond disgusting.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john...ry?id=10616090
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: