Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2006, 12:27 AM

13,750 posts, read 8,004,726 times

Advertisements

Is the area of East Mesa, 85205 zip and District 4 (Red Mountain high school/Fremont Junior high) near loop 202 a safe area to live?

Also is the location good in terms of commuting into Phx?

Thanks for info you can provide.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2006, 07:10 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
Commuting from east Mesa into phx is not ideal. There are about a million other people commuting from the east valley as well. Expect a LONG commute, or move closer to work.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
We just moved from there, we had alot of problems with drug busts and break ins in our area. I really didnt feel it was that safe to let my kids play in the neighborhood. Sad too, there are a few nice areas, but I just didnt trust it. Plus the commute for my husband was too long.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:17 PM

421 posts, read 348,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Is the area of East Mesa, 85205 zip and District 4 (Red Mountain high school/Fremont Junior high) near loop 202 a safe area to live?

Also is the location good in terms of commuting into Phx?

Thanks for info you can provide.

John

I don't like that area either, go futher south. Try 85212 if you want East Mesa.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:36 PM

I’m not too familiar with Mesa but the last time I was in town I spent time in West Mesa. Now compared with what I saw in West Mesa the neighborhoods in East Mesa seemed much nicer.

The stores and restaurants were clean and most of the cars and neighborhoods seem respectable. But I also I looked at a crime map and found that a lot of property crime and car theft exists in the 85205 zip.

Were my impressions that off?

Is the 85205 that bad?

Also I was told Red Mountain and Salk were quite good, but I would like a second opinion.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 12-19-2006, 10:47 PM

Here's a map of the zip codes.

I'll be in 85205 Greenfield subdivision:

http://www.cityofmesa.org/maps/pdf/zip_code_map.pdf

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
I’m not too familiar with Mesa but the last time I was in town I spent time in West Mesa. Now compared with what I saw in West Mesa the neighborhoods in East Mesa seemed much nicer.

The stores and restaurants were clean and most of the cars and neighborhoods seem respectable. But I also I looked at a crime map and found that a lot of property crime and car theft exists in the 85205 zip.

Is the 85205 that bad?

Also I was told Red Mountain and Salk were quite good, but I would like a second opinion.

I lived there, while it does look nice, we decided for saftey reasons and school issues to go to chandler, we are in the Kyrene District now. they say Chandler has a gang issue ( where doesnt) but we havent experienced any of it, and I LOVE the schools and feel safe letting my kids play.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I lived there, while it does look nice, we decided for saftey reasons and school issues to go to chandler, we are in the Kyrene District now. they say Chandler has a gang issue ( where doesnt) but we havent experienced any of it, and I LOVE the schools and feel safe letting my kids play.

Yeah did you hear they say Chandler crime increased by 25% and Gilbert 21%.New FBI stats. Oh and Glendale by 10%. I think the increase is may be due to it's growing some rapidly. Chandler always had gangs downtown that's nothing new. Trying driving down Arizona Ave to Pecos and all around there. That's why I never like that Chandler HS. That area has been bad since the late 80's. It's basically an area of Chandler, Chandler is very large. I hear the crime is starting to spread through other areas though and I know for a fact it has spread into the neighboring sections of Gilbert.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Is the 85205 that bad?

It depends where in Red Mountain. Las Sendes area is ok but I just don't like it. That's just me. I prefer to always be South of Baseline but like I said it's a personal opinion.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:50 AM

7 posts, read 24,143 times
hi im coming to az again for the second time to look at homes with my family from ny - reading all this stuff makes me a little nervous with moving is it really that bad in the chandler gilber area I don't know what to do it cant be that bad is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona