Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2020, 09:00 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
All wedged in between the used needles, people sh*tting in the streets, scorched earth due to the constant fires, and people living in RVs in Wal-Mart parking lots because they can't afford to live there. Glorious, indeed.
Sure thing and there are no homeless in Arizona, right? https://www.12news.com/article/news/...6-1dded21e1c88

Old 11-12-2020, 09:20 PM

404 posts, read 765,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
This is right on...! No one but fool would bother to dispute this line of logic......

Oh, wait...there are liberals here...
Even Trump's own lawyers now admit they're not suggesting there was fraud or "theft" of the election in Arizona.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/6260414002/

Beyond that, Trump's so-called "Official Election Defense Fund" is simply a way to fleece his underinformed followers - any donation under $8,000 goes to a Trump PAC and to the RNC - not a penny under $8k goes towards "election defense" (whatever that may be).

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27R309

What a joke. He is just as happy to defraud his loyal followers and donors as he is the rest of the American public.

Wake up. Trump isn't a Republican. He's a Trumpian. The sooner everyone figures out that Trump only cares for himself and doesn't give two sh*ts about anyone else - be they Republican or Democrat, American or Chinese, the better off this country will be, and the sooner the Republican party can start to rebuild into a true conservative organization worthy of respect.

Even the Arizona Republican party didn't think enough of the potential for election shenanigans to be involved in verifying the accuracy of the machines pre-election or of auditing the vote post-election - https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...st/6263050002/ (Maricopa County). "Three GOP-leaning counties -- Yuma, Gila and La Paz -- didn't conduct the audits because the local Republican Party chairs didn't designate members to participate, election officials said. Their lack of involvement is surprising, considering Trump has been spreading baseless accusations that Republican poll-watchers were sidelined." https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/polit...aud/index.html

It doesn't really matter - as of 9:15pm, Trump has apparently been mathematically eliminated from winning AZ and the race has now been called by a number of additional news outlets. But I'm sure that's all "fake news" if you're a Trumper. https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...on/6258023002/

Last edited by like-2-hike; 11-12-2020 at 10:11 PM..

Old 11-13-2020, 05:58 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
All wedged in between the used needles, people sh*tting in the streets, scorched earth due to the constant fires, and people living in RVs in Wal-Mart parking lots because they can't afford to live there. Glorious, indeed.

I spent 30 years of my life in LA and SF. Born in LA. I am a conservative and California is a great place to live. If it was so bad people would all be leaving. Those who do leave are replaced with someone else. Sure they have a homeless problem. So does PHX and Tucson. Its not a right / left thing. Its nothing new. When I was growing up Santa Monica and Venice were loaded with homeless people.

Old 11-13-2020, 06:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I spent 30 years of my life in LA and SF. Born in LA. I am a conservative and California is a great place to live. If it was so bad people would all be leaving. Those who do leave are replaced with someone else. Sure they have a homeless problem. So does PHX and Tucson. Its not a right / left thing. Its nothing new. When I was growing up Santa Monica and Venice were loaded with homeless people.
Yep, I live in Downtown Phoenix and there's usually a homeless person camped outside our building every 3 days or so (never the same person generally)

Old 11-13-2020, 06:32 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
The park adjacent to the government buildings and the plaza on stone by the library in Tucson are basically de facto homeless camps.

The area between the walls and the federal courthouse in Phoenix and Civic Space Park are the same way

Old 11-13-2020, 05:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Your point was that kids growing up in conservative households lose their minds at college. You don’t need a college degree to connect those dots. Failures begin at home.
I think it is a mixed bag what children become. My brother for instance was raised in NY by a Rockefeller Republican and a Democrat but not bleeding heart, he is libertarian leaning. Go figure.

Old 11-15-2020, 10:22 AM

3 posts, read 4,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Thought we had 5-10 more years before the Californians took over. They've about taken Texas too.
Love the way posters talk about Californians ruining places! It's like "Marcia Marcia Marcia"!! A great many Californians are transplants to CA themselves LOL! I'm in CA, from Illinois, wanting to move due to COL. Here's the thing-I will have to put up with those with less than desirable traits etc. I like to get along, be helpful, show kindness. Throwing blankets of generalization isn't useful or correct.

Old 11-15-2020, 10:49 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Homeless issues tend to be more related to weather than anything else. You're not going to die on the streets from freezing in the winter or heat stroke in the summer in SF or LA, like you would in other parts of the country. Yes, homeless problems have gotten much worse in CA over the past couple decades, but this is largely due to cost of living. Cost of living is purely supply and demand 1 - CA is a desirable place for many to live, 2 - the job market (until recently) was white hot, 3 - number of new affordable homes couldn't keep up with the demand, 4 - more and more people were priced out.

Its funny that Fox News and other conservative sources like to bash SF and the Silicon Valley, when it tends to be one of the most capitalistic/egalitarian places in the world.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:12 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post

Its funny that Fox News and other conservative sources like to bash SF and the Silicon Valley, when it tends to be one of the most capitalistic/egalitarian places in the world.

The businesses are for sure. The political ideology of the area is not. So you have a population there that has made a lot of money off of capitalism yet seems to be adverse to it.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:06 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Quite a few leave just for cheaper housing costs and not politics
I love visiting (and, in a previous generation, one of my relatives essentially left the Bay Area for a resort in Scottsdale, rather than get a divorce ) but to live....no offense intended, but in my book, the only thing that would make your level of heat and general sparseness re trees worth it is no state income tax (aka Nevada).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona