Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 3,904 times

Advertisements

Hi to all you Kingman folks out there.

My wife and I are traveling to Kingman on our Trikes over the Memorial Day week to visit Kingman and then do a little traveling around the area and finally meet up with a Triker group in Seligman over the weekend then back home to Sacramento.

We are planning to retire to Kingman in a couple years, maybe longer if the economy hasn't made a decent recovery by then. This trip is to look at homes in the area and to just get a feel for the part of town we want to settle in and what we can expect to pay for a decent retirement home.

I have read a lot of different comments on the forum of the pro's and con's of living in Kingman and of course they are as diverse as the people who write them. We are excited to re-locate to a new area and look forward to the high desert life. I have lived in California my entire life but have visited Arizona many times. Was actualy born in Arizona but never lived there.

We are Trikers. I have built 17 Trikes over the past 10 years and plan to continue my hobby after we get settled there. You can check out my profile and see some of what I have done.

I just have 1 question for you forum readers about the area. In an effort to get a feel for what my living cost might run per month, can anyone give me a ball park figure for monthly utility cost. We'll be living in a single story small 3 brd home, 1000 sg ft, just the 2 of us.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Triker Bob
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 15,586 times
I have a thread going about this very issue. I have been told the costs are similar to where I live now in Bullhead city. Electric in Bullhead runs approx $130 in the winter and approx $250 in the summer for a single story 3/2 house and 4 people+3 dogs. Water is about $12-15 a month. I have been told the water is slightly higher in Kingman and the electric is lower in the summer but higher in the winter due to heating costs. I don't know about natural gas prices. Hope this helps.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:31 AM

2 posts, read 3,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissofthesun View Post
I have a thread going about this very issue. I have been told the costs are similar to where I live now in Bullhead city. Electric in Bullhead runs approx $130 in the winter and approx $250 in the summer for a single story 3/2 house and 4 people+3 dogs. Water is about $12-15 a month. I have been told the water is slightly higher in Kingman and the electric is lower in the summer but higher in the winter due to heating costs. I don't know about natural gas prices. Hope this helps.
Thanks Kissofthesun, That is helpful information. I'm a little surprised to see water rates to be that low in a desert area. I guess its because of the closeness to the river.

Bob

Old 05-01-2009, 11:39 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Kingman gets its water from wells, not the river. There is plenty of water in the aquifers, so there's no reason that it should be expensive. Honestly, we've found the cost of living in Kingman to be ridiculously low compared to other places we've lived (like MA, CA, and NY).

BTW, trikes are really popular in this town. There's a huge variety of them from Gold Wing trikes, to full custom jobs with V8 engines around town.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,213 times
My husband and I wish to relocate to Kingman this fall and would welcome any thoughts on average costs to live in Kingman, we now reside in Medford, OR. costs are some what low---however we really want to move to the hight desert area----what would we expect for the 2 of us retired people with a 3 bed 2 bath small home approx. 1100 sq ft home----We would welcome average electric, gas, water , cable etc. We would also welcome costs associated with insurance we have a motor home and ford ranger p/u and a small older buick----we hear rates are high??? but compared to what---and what are registration fees each year---Food costs----Any help we would greatly appreciate----
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona