Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:27 AM

189 posts, read 230,932 times

Advertisements

Tucson is a dump and would never live there. I try to avoid it like the plague except for Territorial Cup games and even then, it's a damn disaster with all the ****ty, classless people in Tucson when attending UA games. Don't believe me, make it to a game wearing ASU gear and your tires will get slashed (like they did mine). Of course, your mileage may vary but my experiences.

Outside of San Diego, there is no other place in the United States that I would rather live. After college, I got a great job offer in SF and although the city life was great, there was no place like home. Wherever my travels may take me, it always feels great to be back home and living in Phoenix. My industry is Cybersecurity so this sector is booming here, I have no reason to leave. I'm happy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 07:28 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
If Tucson had a better job market, I would maybe consider living there, but have to make a living, and Phoenix is the only place in AZ where most people can do that.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:34 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
There is no comparison. Phoenix trumps Tucson in every single category except weather. That's the cold hard truth. Tucson is 10 degrees cooler and that is the only advantage it has.

Even if you prefer small town living, you can still live in Fountain Hills or Queen Creek and still get all the amenities of Phoenix. There is no reason to live in Tucson over Phoenix.

I realize this is not a politically correct opinion but since when have I ever been p.c.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:40 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZSunDevil83 View Post
Tucson is a dump and would never live there. I try to avoid it like the plague except for Territorial Cup games and even then, it's a damn disaster with all the ****ty, classless people in Tucson when attending UA games. Don't believe me, make it to a game wearing ASU gear and your tires will get slashed (like they did mine). Of course, your mileage may vary but my experiences.

Outside of San Diego, there is no other place in the United States that I would rather live. After college, I got a great job offer in SF and although the city life was great, there was no place like home. Wherever my travels may take me, it always feels great to be back home and living in Phoenix. My industry is Cybersecurity so this sector is booming here, I have no reason to leave. I'm happy
Agreed, I've always found it comical how U of A supporters feel this rivalry with ASU whereas ASU fans don't really think about the U of A and could care less. There is definitely more jealousy and animosity coming from U of A and Tucson toward ASU and Phoenix than vice versa.

The reality is there is so much more to do in the Phoenix area that ASU isn't a priority here. Tucson is a college town masking itself as a city. There is nothing to do in Tucson aside from the U of A so their life revolves around the university.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:42 AM

700 posts, read 919,537 times
Phoenix is not a big job market; you won't likely stay working there all your life unless you want to be relegated to a certain level job. So it's best just to start off in a bigger job market to make your contacts and career there.

People denigrate Chicago, but when the Fortune 500 list came out this week, Arizona showed 4 companies on the list -- while Illinois has 36. Chicago is still the third largest metro area, and not by a little bit -- it's third after NYC and LA at 9,512,999 population, where the next largest at fourth is Dallas at 7,246,231. (I am not from Chicago; I have no stake in it, except wanting to have the better opportunities.)

Most of what people know about Arizona has to do with natural beauty; so on that count Tucson has it over Phoenix, and there's really no reason to choose Phoenix if you aren't determined to stay in the state. Phoenix does have a bigger job market and more jobs at a certain level; so if one is happy with that, it will do.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:58 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
I prefer Tucson to Phoenix and leave it at that. I am not one to say disparaging and bad things about places or other people's opinions that differ from mine, even from the safety of anonymous internet messages boards.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:31 PM

352 posts, read 570,384 times
Default ...

Phoenix-Better overall amenities and jobs;

Tucson-Decent homes at a lower price than Phx (I suppose its relevant to lower wage jobs), better weather.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:21 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
Phoenix

Old 06-12-2017, 04:03 PM

234 posts, read 499,211 times
Tucson for me, but I know many people who feel differently and that's OK.

Old 06-19-2017, 01:09 AM

83 posts, read 73,380 times
Phoenix is better than Tucson. Honestly, pretty much any city in Arizona is better than Tucson. My grandparents live down there along with one of my aunts and her husband and I dread visiting. I do have to say their Disney Store outlet is 10x better than anything we have up in the Phoenix area and around it, but it's not enough to say it's better than Phoenix. That and it's kind of dirty with bad/bumpy roads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona