Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
What does being an independent have to do with anything?

Like you - I am also registered as an independent. Would I vote for Joe? Don't know - Maybe.
What you are registered as does not mean jack sh$%. I am registered as a Republican because of my far right Rush Limbaugh loving father. I agree with you here completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 06:24 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Joe might run as an independent. It would be a smart move - avoid a primary battle and save the $$$ on hand for the General Election
You just made that up

Old 03-23-2010, 06:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You just made that up
No. It has been suggested on some of media here in the valley

Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
No. It has been suggested on some of media here in the valley
That'll be a laugh

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
That'll be a laugh
Why??

Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich V View Post
Joe has done a great job as Sheriff but I don't know if his 'style' would work in the executive office. I would like to hear what he would do if he got the job.
I agree. As much as I respect Arpaio as Maricopa County Sheriff, I doubt he would be very effective as Governor. His job is law enforcement, and that's where he belongs. If he wasn't effective at enforcing the laws, the public wouldn't have voted him back in numerous times. Even though he has faced some backlash, he is generally liked by the majority of the voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
If he gets elected governor I hope he could at least remove these damn photo radar cameras that Napolitano rammed through on us.
I still haven't heard Arpaio's reaction to the speed cameras. He has been surprisingly silent about that issue. If you want to promote a sitting Sheriff to the position of Governor, the guy you would want is Paul Babeu, who is the Pinal County Sheriff. He is vocally opposed to this entire photo radar program. In fact, he recently joined the members of CameraFraud to stage a protest against the whole operation.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
I'd Vote for him if he runs for Governor

I'd rather see him stay as Maricopa County Sheriff
and vote Buz for Governor

Old 03-24-2010, 12:06 AM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I'd Vote for him if he runs for Governor

I'd rather see him stay as Maricopa County Sheriff
and vote Buz for Governor
Bah! I want Napolitano brought back as Governor so she can restore my all day kinder care. I need a place to send my seven children while I sit on my butt collecting welfare checks and playing online poker. I want to be able to hire any illegal alien I want for cheap labor without being scorned. I want to keep those wonderful speed cameras so I can chug along at 45 MPH in the left lane and be safe from all those horrible speeders who race past me. I want to make sure all mountains and freeways with the word "squaw" are renamed because I am so easily offended by that terrible vulgar word!

JANET!
JANET!
JANET!
JANET!
JANET!
JANET!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:15 PM

509 posts, read 1,698,223 times
while i don't live in Phoenix where the radar cameras are i fail to see what the big whine is about . there have been times i have driven in Phoenix but have yet to get a ticket for doing so .

Old 03-24-2010, 05:18 PM

555 posts, read 877,156 times
I would vote for Joe because he would be a thorn in the side of the invaders, and he would definitely do some enforcement at the border at the state level that has not been done at the federal level. Maybe use volunteer citizen patrols. This is a far more important issue than speed cameras or anything else I can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona