Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 06:00 PM

354 posts, read 325,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
Some bimbo insults are way of life and I am going to be nice, I don't think so.
About my incorrect engilsh, I guess I am not as smart as you think you are.
But it seems you know what I said ha.

JM
Anyone that feels the need to bring up the correct and proper usage of English and/or spelling has no debate and knows it so they bring something up that means nothing, except to them apparently. People don't have to, nor do most, use the proper English skills or spelling on internet message forums. What he posted was a complete waste. That, plus the fact that it usually shows an inferiority complex of some sort.

Last edited by MOHIllbillyWoman; 07-30-2007 at 06:53 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 06:31 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Anyone that feels the need to bring up the correct and proper usage of English and/or spelling has no debate and knows it so they bring something up that means nothing, except to them apparently. People don't have to, no do most, use the proper English skills or spelling on internet message forums. What he posted was a complete waste.
Well the OP choose to suggest NM would have a higher IQ if I were to leave the state; I too, feel spelling and English are often misused when we get on these boards. For me, I happen to be dyslixic (spelling) when I was in the early years of school no one identified learning disabilities: Luckily for me, I had a dad that wouldn't listen to the educators that suggested I just get out of high school and forget about furthering my education.

I am certainly not suffering from a low IQ, I love to read, but I have struggled for years with the speed in which I read, the inability to read outloud (that has improved) and particularly spelling. Anyone on these boards that insult people because of how they use our language should be banned.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:12 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,790 times
Whoa.... back up a little here..... You're compaming about something that took place 30 years ago?

Maybe instead of insulting a whole bunch of people, you should just take a vist and judge for yourself, of course with your attitude you may just have a problem....

There are Orientals where I live and they have never had any problems, of course they don't have an attitude either...

Maybe you should take a look at yourself and the way you approach people before you start off insulting.....

Old 07-30-2007, 07:32 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHIllbillyWoman View Post
Anyone that feels the need to bring up the correct and proper usage of English and/or spelling has no debate and knows it so they bring something up that means nothing, except to them apparently. People don't have to, nor do most, use the proper English skills or spelling on internet message forums. What he posted was a complete waste. That, plus the fact that it usually shows an inferiority complex of some sort.
Apparently. my points went over your head.
Using correct english shows an inferiority complex? I like dat one. It's funny.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,790 times
If you need to know what my flag looks like? hear she is, And she is here to stay.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
If you need to know what my flag looks like? hear she is, And she is here to stay.
beautiful, My flag to

Old 07-30-2007, 08:49 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,176,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe Arkansas should erect large warning billboards at all state borders with a list of the types of people that are not welcome in Arkansas, complete with a subline that reads: Enter at your own risk.

We are willing to welcome anyone to our state that is willing show respect. As with anywhere if you come in with an attitude, rudness of course you will get attitude back. I am pretty sure that isnt just Arkansas.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 PM

82 posts, read 276,443 times
Default DFWMike's comment about Utah

Before moving to UT, I received so many "kind" warnings about how the Mormons would make me feel like an outcast, especially in the small towns. Though I am agnostic, I found the Mormons to be the very best neighbors I have ever experienced anywhere. Sharing of produce from the gardens, homemade welcome gifts upon move-in and every Christmas delivered by the entire family in person, to everyone in the ward. However, I can comprehend how newcomers who aren't Mormon could easily misdirect blame. On days that there were church funtions, my family was one of very few not attending. The circumstances caused the aliantion, not the people. I learned to adopt some of the rules and my family was better for it. Sundays were family day and Mormon children of the small community knew they would be spending the day with their family. Imagine teenage kids spending one entire day a week with the family with no griping because their friends were doing the same! I appreciated how my young children accepted the fact that their friends weren't available to play on Sunday and expected to be "stuck" with their parents for the day! There were times it was as bad as I was warned about and there are still some small towns in UT (and other places, since we're on a Bible belt forum!) where outcasting and mean spirited behavior does occur for all the reasons stated in this thread. But as a whole, there are far more good people than bad people anywhere you go (or live), and mutual respect is all that's required to build the bridge between any and all differences. For the record, and because it happnes to apply so well on this thread, my boyfriend is black but has never looked at the Confederate flag as offensive, but rather a symbol of southern pride.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 AM

388 posts, read 1,785,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
....Somebody even thought it was humorous. ...
Uh, that would probably be me...but don't be too upset, I find some humor about most things in life.

The most humorous things on this big blue marble is people, and I include myself in that grouping; besides, I feel it's much more fun to laugh than cry.

But, that's me.

Your posts on this thread interested me enough to read all your posts on this forum, including the posts to which you were responding, to insure I understood the context.

Interesting...and well worth my time.

I was also curious as to why a poster from KY was very involved in this thread, mostly because I believe the AR state board is being trolled.

It's a public forum; anyone registered can post on any thread so that's not an issue, but we don't often get someone from another state this involved in a squabble like this, and idle curiosity overcame me.

The two below quotes are from the same post (my bold) at:

Warnings of moving to the south

Quote:
....and all that indicates that the South is not for people like me. But I'm stuck here for a while.
Maybe you're right

Quote:
I'm sure there are many Southerners who cringe at being unfairly stereotyped, and I sincerely apologize to them. I only wish I could meet more of you.
And sometimes we react more strongly than by cringing.

I'm not interested in starting a flame war with you, bless your heart (and I mean that in the southern way), so I won't be responding to your rebuttal, but I do believe your motivation is suspect.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 AM

795 posts, read 2,299,215 times
Wink In Dixie land

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity View Post
Before moving to UT,
Have you been down to Dixie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas