Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 06:52 PM

6 posts, read 17,763 times

Advertisements

I live in sherwood and its safe and all but there's not a whole lot to do but go to school and hang out with friends. I will be in college in two years and I was just wondering that when I go out of school where should I live if I want entertainment and all that good stuff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 07:39 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Downtown Little Rock is supposedly revitalizing. I would recommend downtown Little Rock. You're close to clubs, musuems, etc.

I'm starting college this fall and after collge I'll stay in Arkansas for about two more years and then I'm out of here. Maybe if Arkansas gets more exciting and decides not to go through with the "unmarried couples" adoption ban then I just MIGHT stay.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:25 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,326 times
You live in Sherwood and don't know about Little Rock? Honestly though, if you will be in college in 2 years, I would be more concerned about obtaining a decent education than the entertainment venues available. Go to a decent (or even only a semi-decent) university and many of them will have entertainment options on-campus for you. You need to think more outside the box.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:24 AM

6 posts, read 17,763 times
I know about little rock, but I don't know what its like to live there. I have a lot of time because I have to go through undergraduate and graduate school .

Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Maybe go to UA in Fayetteville? I am not the biggest NWA fan, but Fayetteville has it going on for the college crowd. Little Rock's River Market caters more to the young professional crowd while Dickson street caters to college students.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Downtown Little Rock is supposedly revitalizing. I would recommend downtown Little Rock. You're close to clubs, musuems, etc.

I'm starting college this fall and after collge I'll stay in Arkansas for about two more years and then I'm out of here. Maybe if Arkansas gets more exciting and decides not to go through with the "unmarried couples" adoption ban then I just MIGHT stay.
Maybe it's not the unmarried couples their worried about But the lesbian thing. After all the state should have the child's upbringing as a top priority.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Maybe it's not the unmarried couples their worried about But the lesbian thing. After all the state should have the child's upbringing as a top priority.
Not to bring this thread way off track...but my personal opinion is that a child being loved by parents is way better off that a child being passed aroung the system. Doesn't matter if those parents are gay, straight, inter-racial, a completely different race than the child...it just doesn't matter. The child will have a much better life for it.

Anyways...back on topic...Little Rock is the ONLY real urban area in Arkansas, no if's and's or but's. I love NWA, but it is not urban. However, there is plenty of entertainment in NWA for a college aged person, I know that pretty well!

Old 07-23-2008, 03:27 PM

200 posts, read 682,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Uhh...no. The state should have the child's SAFETY and WELFARE as a top priority. The state should NOT have any say in how the child is brought up.

Personally speaking, homosexuality is not my cup of tea. That being said, I'm sure that there are many people out there who happen to be homosexual that could make better parents than some of the heterosexual ones. If "the lesbian thing" is indeed the reasoning behind such a ban, then the state should be ashamed of itself.

And I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said... Little Rock or NWA, depending on where you are at in life. And, there is always West Memphis, which is just across the river from Memphis.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:32 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwinerBock View Post
Uhh...no. The state should have the child's SAFETY and WELFARE as a top priority. The state should NOT have any say in how the child is brought up.

Personally speaking, homosexuality is not my cup of tea. That being said, I'm sure that there are many people out there who happen to be homosexual that could make better parents than some of the heterosexual ones. If "the lesbian thing" is indeed the reasoning behind such a ban, then the state should be ashamed of itself.

And I agree with pretty much what everyone else has said... Little Rock or NWA, depending on where you are at in life. And, there is always West Memphis, which is just across the river from Memphis.
If you've been watching this thing at all, it's all too obvious that IS the reasoning. It's actually not the "state" proposing it but some religious activist group. I think they're still working on getting the signatures to get it on the ballot but I may be a bit behind the curve on how it's progressing. If it DOES make it on the ballot, I know how I'm voting...

Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 PM

200 posts, read 682,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
If you've been watching this thing at all, it's all too obvious that IS the reasoning. It's actually not the "state" proposing it but some religious activist group. I think they're still working on getting the signatures to get it on the ballot but I may be a bit behind the curve on how it's progressing. If it DOES make it on the ballot, I know how I'm voting...
I hear you. I knew there was something else going on besides the lottery initiative, but I hadn't had the desire to follow up on it to find out what it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas