Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,460,927 times

Advertisements

I guess Indonesian look like Indonesian? they may look similiar to some Chinese because they try to copy the clothing & hairstyles but they still look Indonesian

if they were to go to China, Taiwan, HK, etc they would stand out and people would know they are definitely not a Chinese or Korean or Japanese

they are still Indonesian at heart and by culture

Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I guess Indonesian look like Indonesian? they may look similiar to some Chinese because they try to copy the clothing & hairstyles but they still look Indonesian

if they were to go to China, Taiwan, HK, etc they would stand out and people would know they are definitely not a Chinese or Korean or Japanese

they are still Indonesian at heart and by culture
Yes they stand out in Hongkong ( Indonesian women working there ) .

Old 08-19-2013, 10:05 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Yes they stand out in Hongkong ( Indonesian women working there ) .
The Indonesian domestic workers you see in Singapore do seem to look different on average to many Indonesians who come here.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
I have to thank all of you for posting pictures the right way.

Awesome guys!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:53 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania View Post
O god, forgive me.,, Indonesians working in Hong Kong is a house maid, yes they are very different class from the Indonesians another , because they do not take care of themselves ( make up ) , or go to the salon
Indonesians working in Hong Kong ..they are not fully represent the Indonesian people.
actually, the maids in Hong Kong who come from Indonesia and the Philippines have to have some level of higher-education in order to come. So they're not some low-class street people. They're average middle-class Indonesians and Filipinos who CANNNOT blend in with Southern Chinese. Sorry, you're delusional

Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 AM

51 posts, read 272,458 times
Stevania ,I empathize you very much.You are now sick like schizophrenia . You don't understand yourself. You actually need to be treated .

Old 08-21-2013, 04:05 AM

5 posts, read 13,992 times
Quote:
I Think Many Indonesian look a like chinese...speccialy skin white and yellow. Well, I've been to Vietnam and Thailand .. I rarely saw people with display similiar chinese, I think Indonesia is more beautiful .. many say they look a like the mix chinese/korean
Thailand vs Indonesian

The video explane itself without any stupid cherry picking, you can look everywhere in the video .Yet I don't find any of your Indonesian look any close to any tpye of East Asian when compare to the Thai.

Indonesian = Australoid Asutronesian ethnic family of Asia along with Malaysian/Filipino.

Thai are Tai-Kadai along with Zhuang/Lao/other Tai ethnics and Tai-Kadai is closest ethnic family to Northeast Asian among the rest of Southeast Asian .

Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 AM

Quote:
I do not want to talk race and racism .. If you still repeat I will immediately block your email channel
thank you.

I have been sitting and compare over 30-40 of Thai crowd at 1:03 of the video and over 30-40 of Indonesian crowd at 1:53 of the video.

As far as I see 95% of Thai crowd look East Asian. Yet I don't see a single person in 30-40 of Indonesian crowd that have look of East Asian, all of them look Australoid Asutronesian just like Malay/Filipino.

Well what is so surprise in fact Indonesian itself are Australoid Asutronesian so there is nothing wierd that they look Australoid Asutronesian.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Quote:
thais look east asian because they are descendants of chinese instead of thais, in general "Thais" has dark skin .. This is because the height of the mixed austroloid,
Indonesians is the no problem the type austrolids . but in fact they proved their physical appearance looks much east / northeast asian.
we always serve your comment with a smile.
Well Han-Chinese is actually like 10-20% of Thailand population, so maybe only 10-20% of those in the video are actually Chinese.

Acutally Thai/Tai-Kadai people aren't even from Southeast Asia at first place anyway. Tai/Dai the main ethnic which make up to 75-85% of Thailand total population migranted from China into Southeast Asia in 11-12th century because of Mongolian invade China. So basically Thai aren't Southeast Asian at first place anyway. They originally Northeast Asian who migrant South.

Btw those people who originally live in the place where it is Thailand before the Tai/Dai ethnic migranted down were some form of Mon-Khmer(Khmer/Vietnamese) and some Austronesian Austroloid (Filipino/Indonesian/Malaysian). So that should why there are a few of Austronesian Austroloid looking people in Thailand.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM

lol another thing that I need to ask is why do you always change text in my comment when you quote all the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia