Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:57 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
How were the beaches in Dubai? Are they as pretty as the pictures?
Quite nice actually, the water is quite calm and when we were there very warm.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:07 PM

347 posts, read 491,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
I do agree of your observations all south Asian and Filipinos are working in a low service sector while foreigners from US and part of Europe are dominating the executives positions.
Arab do not mingle with south Asian and Filipinos as the general impression they are a lower class and servants. The majority of crimes come from south asian and Filipinos Immigrants.
Actually a friend of mine from the Phillipines is a Civil Engineer that worked there, talked about segregated Cafeterias and buffets for men and women. He was actually a manager there, COINCIDENTALLY he was born and raised in the Phillipines and he actually makes more money than I do and I AM AMERICAN, Graduated college with a 4 year Degree.

Coincidentally most Filipinos that work abroad are IN FACT EDUCATED and White COLLAR. You could look that up yourself. It's a FACT.

MAYBE YOU yourself are UNEDUCATED AND POOR??? But don't feel bad...65% of the world is POOR and that's including AMERICANS and EUROPEANS.

All RACES of people have their bad and good...you shouldn't watch too much TV...it will rot your brain.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:16 PM

347 posts, read 491,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
Las Vegas is also surrounded with desert you foolish.

FYI, Dubai doesn't have any oil and fully depending on free trade investments. The smell of yours as a construction worker and as a jealous person of the success of Dubai wont give you a credit to spread your foolish hatred.

Dubai is a strategic location for all Arabs, Muslims, East and West nations. Dubai is going to flourish more than any city in the world despite your obvious hatred!
US AMERICANS all know about DUBAI and SAUDI ARABIA, they are still very poor countries that ARE NOT DEMOCRACIES. AND DUBAI'S wealth DOES NOT GO TO EVERYONE in the country...we all know that in America...hahahahahahahah!!! AND dubai's GDP? only about $90 billion or so...pretty much all OIL.

The wealth is controlled by A FEW MEN THAT GOT RICH THROUGH OIL...a FEW. They still need to stand outside their homes handing out money to the poor, we here in AMERICA HAVE seen the NEWS STORIES and we know the SCORE about ANY COUNTRY.

HA MAKE ME LAUGH AGAIN>>>!!!

Last edited by jerseyexpat; 11-15-2013 at 03:33 PM..

Old 11-16-2013, 04:38 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,937,370 times
I was in Dubai twice, but most recently it was about 10 years ago so the construction boom was just beginning and the Burg Khalifa was not built yet. I bought a most beautiful gold chain in the gold souk however, and if I had any idea how much the price of gold would rise, I would have bought more!

The luxuriousness of some of the hotels was really impressive. Shopping was terrific, but I wouldn't say it was up to Paris, New York or Hong Kong. Remember, Dubai is not that big of a city population-wise.

I remember there were places to drink ... every hotel had some sort of cocktail lounge and the bigger ones had a disco or a nightclub. You just don't see things like corner bars, neighborhood bars, pubs, specialty lounges, etc. From my experience, nightlife was lame. Dubai is no Hong Kong, Bangkok, Singapore, London, Paris, New York or Miami. Remember there is no gay night life, no nightclubs with shows, no jazz clubs, no strip joints, no drag shows. There is also no gambling. My impression of night life in Dubai was just a bunch of bored rich people in cliques - Middle Easterners and tourists - dressed up "to the nines" sipping on cocktails and snearing at one another. Want a good time? Go to Senor Frog's in Cancun, Mexico, Or New Orlean's French Quarter, or Amsterdam's Leidsplein or Miami's South Beach or Oktoberfest in Munich ... don't go to Dubai.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:53 AM

8 posts, read 16,311 times
Arabic do not associate with southern Oriental and People from the Canada as the common impact they are a lower category and servants. Almost all criminal offenses come from southern Asian and People from the Canada Immigration.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:03 PM

7 posts, read 17,741 times
How is public transportation there?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wong View Post
How is public transportation there?
They opened a new metro. Very modern and gets to most of the main parts, but will need to be extended. There are buses too (and interestingly, enclosed air-conditioned bus shelters). Though it's not a very walkable city.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:49 AM

8 posts, read 16,311 times
I do believe the fact of your findings all southern Oriental and People from the Philippines are working in a low service industry while people from other countries from US and part of European countries are prominent the professionals roles.
Arab do not associate with southern Oriental and People from the Philippines as the common impact they are a lower category and servants. Almost all criminal offenses come from southern Asian and People from the Philippines Immigration.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:48 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,207,331 times
Don't forget about those pics OP

Old 12-17-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Don't forget about those pics OP
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me, I'll link some of the ones I have on fb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia