Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 02:25 PM

162 posts, read 270,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
It is mixed group of people not just those Spanish and Chinese Ancestries

Here are some of the List of the Political (Family) Dynasties

1 Abad Family (Batanes)
2 Abalos Family (Mandaluyong City)
3 Abaya Family (Cavite)
4 Acosta Family (Bukidnon)
5 Aguilar(-Villar) Family (Las Piñas City and Muntinlupa City)
6 Albano Family (Isabela)
7 Alcala Family (Quezon)
8 Alfaro Family (Camarines Sur and Bulacan)
9 Almario Family (Davao Oriental)
10 Alonto Family (Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte)
11 Ampatuan Family (Maguindanao)
12 Andal-Contreras Family (Oriental Mindoro)
13 Angara Family (Aurora)
14 Antonino Family (Nueva Ecija, La Union and General Santos City)
15 Aquino Family (Sorsogon, Agusan del Sur and CARAGA)
16 Arroyo Family (Camarines Sur, Negros Occidental and Pampanga)
17 Asistio Family (Caloocan City)
18 Atienza Family (Manila)
19 Bagatsing Family (Manila and Muntinlupa City)
20 Barzaga Family (Cavite)
21 Belmonte Family (Quezon City)
22 Bernabe Family (Parañaque City)
23 Binay Family (Makati City)
24 Calalay Family (Quezon City)
25 Calixto Family (Pasay City)
26 Castelo Family (Quezon City)
27 Cayetano Family (Muntinlupa City, Pateros and Taguig City)
28 Cerilles Family (Zamboanga del Sur)
29 Climaco Family (Zamboanga City)
30 Cortes Family (Mandaue)
31 Cojuangco(-Aquino) Family (Tarlac)
32 Crisologo Family (Ilocos Sur)
33 Cua Family (Quirino)
34 Cuenco Family (Cebu)
35 Datumulok Family (Lanao del Sur)
36 Defensor Family (Iloilo and Quezon City)
37 De Venecia (Pangasinan)
38 Del Mar Family (Cebu)
39 Dimaporo Family (Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur)
40 Dominguez Family (Cavite)
41 Dumlao Family (Nueva Vizcaya)
42 Duterte Family (Davao City)
43 Dy Family (Isabela)
44 Echiverri Family (Caloocan City)
45 Ecleo Family (Dinagat Islands)
46 Ejército Family (Estrada/Estregan Family) (Laguna, Manila, Quezon, and San Juan City)
47 Escudero Family (Sorsogon)
48 Espinosa/Martinez Family (Cebu, Masbate, and Iloilo City)
49 Eusebio Family (Pasig)
50 Fajardo Family (Nueva Ecija)
51 Fua Family (Siquijor)
52 Fuentebella Family (Camarines Sur, Negros)
53 Gaje/Locsin Family (Negros Occidental and Iloilo)
54 Galicia Family (Davao Region)
55 Garcia Family (Bataan)
56 Garcia Family (Cebu)
57 Garcia Family (Davao City)
58 Garin Family (Iloilo)
59 Gatchalian Family (Valenzuela City)
60 Gomez Family (Laguna)
61 Gordon Family (Zambales)
62 Guingona Family (Agusan, Bukidnon, Negros Oriental and Misamis Oriental)
63 Imperial Family (Albay)
64 Jaen Family (Leganes, Iloilo)
65 Jagunap Family (Leganes, Iloilo)
66 Jalandoni Jover Family (Iloilo City)
67 Jalosjos Family (Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga Sibugay)
68 Javier Family (Navotas)
69 Noriel-Joson Family (Nueva Ecija)
70 Lacson Family (Antique, Cavite, Negros Occidental and Manila)
71 Lapid Family (Pampanga)
72 Lapus Family (Tarlac)
73 Laurel Family (Batangas)
74 Lecaroz Family (Marinduque and Batangas)
75 Lim Family (Southern Leyte)
76 Lobregat Family (Zamboanga City)
77 Lim Family (Palawan)
78 Maliksi Family (Cavite)
79 Manrique Family (Boac, Marinduque)
80 Mangudadatu Family (Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao)
81 Macapagal Family (Camarines Sur, Pampanga and Zambales)
82 Madrigal Family
83 Magsaysay Family (Zambales)
84 Masigan Family (Isabela)
85 Mastura Family (Maguindanao)
86 Mendiola/Siojo/Mercado Family (Bulacan, Pampanga, Mindoro, Samar)
87 Mitra Family (Palawan)
88 Nepomuceno Family (Pampanga)
89 Olivarez Family (Parañaque City)
90 Ortega Family (La Union, Negros Oriental)
91 Osmeña Family (Cebu)
92 Pacquiao Family (Sarangani)
93 Pimentel Family (Cagayan de Oro)
94 Plaza Family (Agusan del Sur, Agusan del Norte, Cagayan)
95 Ponce Enrile Family (Cagayan)
96 Rama Family (Cebu)
97 Ramos Family (Pangasinan)
98 Recto Family (Batangas)
99 Remulla Family (Cavite)
100 Revilla Family (Cavite)
101 Reyes Family (Marinduque)
102 Reyes Family (Palawan)
103 Robredo Family (Camarines Sur)
104 Roco Family (Camarines Sur)
105 Roman Family (Bataan)
106 Romualdez/Lopez Family (Leyte)
107 Romulo Family (Quezon City, Pasig and Valenzuela)
108 Roxas Family (Capiz)
109 Santillan Family (Batangas, Cavite, Manila, Antique, Albay, Pampanga)
110 Sarmiento Family (Buenavista, Marinduque)
111 Singson/ Gacula (Ilocos Sur)
112 Sinsuat Family (Maguindanao)
113 Sotto Family (Cebu, Quezon City and Paranaque)
114 Suarez Family (Quezon)
115 Tan Family (Samar)
116 Teves Family (Negros Oriental and Muntinlupa)
117 Tiangco Family (Navotas)
118 Tañada Family (Quezon)
119 Tolentino Family (Cavite)
120 Ty Family (Surigao del Sur)
121 Umali Family (Nueva Ecija)
122 Uy Family (Isabela)
123 Uy Family (Zamboanga del Norte)
124 Violago Family (Nueva Ecija)
125 Villafuerte Family (Camarines Sur)
126 Villarreal Family (Capiz)
127 Ynares Family (Rizal)
128 Zubiri Family (Bukidnon)

List of political families in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was wondering about the list of dynasties. There really is a lot. What I was wondering was how many there are in the Aquino dynasty. The one of the current president. I read that the Aquino family is one of the strongest ones. If it really does have a strong political dynastic position, I am betting that he will do all in his power to ensure that that anti-dynasty bill does not get through. his very existence in where he is can thank the dynasty thing. No way he will put anti-dynasty as "priority" and until that happens, nothing will really be done with the bill. I guess it's going nowhere because that thing has been shoved into silence.

Reasons why I am guessing it won't be passed: 1 the house AND the senate are vast majority governed by dynasties. 2 The president's family is a strong one of these. 3 The vice president Binay is even more so against the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 03:25 PM

162 posts, read 270,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neMarL View Post
Exactly, ive been explaining that to him/her on this thread he created:

Would you agree that Philippines appears the most impoverished and slum-ridden in Asia? (2013, judgment)

But it seems he still wants to insist that grand-slum theory...

I am now starting to suspect the identity of the OP. I hope Im just hallucinating
My actual point is the fact that there really are so many hundreds of people pocketing millions. In reality, the more rich people there is in poor country, the more riches are clearly being shoved into pockets of a bunch of Elite. In a country that has about 2000 GDP per capita, there should not be 2 giant rich neighborhoods when Toronto barely even has one small one. Bolivia which has same GDP per capita as PH has zero rich neighborhood. So the fact that PH has thousands of dirty rich mansions/households in a country of over 100 million dominated by poor, you know something is wrong.

Where can you deny the fact that there is a big problem? I just read that the Philippines is dominated by oligarches. They are practically running a 17th century colony in modern day. The words inequality, oligarchy and dynasty find their best match in PH over any other country such as Burma, Colombia, Peru or Botswana which actually are fairing faaaar better. The above 3 words are bad and their very existance proves something is very wrong. You can't deny that.

But if you insist that Philipines really is the country that is just the 2 below pictures, then I believe you and I will get off the south Navotas bus and let you know how I admired the glass buildings, fountains, libraries, parks, boutique china shop, museum, boardwalk, Soccer field, and chinese buffet because the Philippines is perfect so of course I am going to see all this and more just like Canada.

I'll grab my camera and when I get back from Caloocan, Navotas, Malabon, Tondo, the whole east half of Cebu and share my wonderful photos that I am sure will be like the below:

Last edited by Santaronto; 04-04-2014 at 03:47 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 06:55 AM

732 posts, read 780,311 times
^^
Your sick! Psychological problem perhaps?

Or you are originally from Caloocan, a bitter Filipino? OMG, OK go see for yourself

Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM

20 posts, read 52,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
If i recall correctly the dynasty are mostly those of spanish and chinese ancestry?
The Chinoys (Filipinos of Chinese descent) in the Philippines are not really into politics. They're more into business. The only Chinese political dynasty I can think of are the Tans of Eastern Visayas - and they went into politics by "accident"

Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 AM

199 posts, read 336,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
And then the southernmost circle is Alabang. It' just a big suburb. Houses tend to look like these
Interesting. For being suburban houses, is it common to have the front yard and drive way closed/gated? If it's more for practical than aesthetic/decorative purposes, it makes me wonder about the crime rate in those "suburban" areas.

Quote:
By the way, one of the slums in the video has improved a lot since this was filmed
Do you think that slum would have not been cleaned/improved if it was not filmed in the first place? It seems like the motivation to clean up was due to publicity reasons.

Quote:
It is mixed group of people not just those Spanish and Chinese Ancestries

Here are some of the List of the Political (Family) Dynasties
You can't really determine the ancestry from the last name though. The Spanish last names could either be Spanish or Filipino (or mestizo), and perhaps some Chinese families adopted Spanish or Austronesian last names to assimilate/blend in the host population.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have the Davao mayor run for president in the next election?

Quote:
The Chinoys (Filipinos of Chinese descent) in the Philippines are not really into politics. They're more into business.
Like in any country though, these is always a huge relationship between business and politics. Therefore the Chinoys do have political influence in an indirect sense. In fact, that would be very keen of them to do so to influence things under the radar.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:38 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,805,566 times
Are there any Muslims among the dynastic families?
Do these families tend to go to the same universities?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,114,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Are there any Muslims among the dynastic families?
Do these families tend to go to the same universities?
80 Mangudadatu Family (Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao)
11 Ampatuan Family (Maguindanao)

These 2 families are very much controversial in Mindanao. they are rivalries.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanjelman7 View Post
Interesting. For being suburban houses, is it common to have the front yard and drive way closed/gated? If it's more for practical than aesthetic/decorative purposes, it makes me wonder about the crime rate in those "suburban" areas.

Do you think that slum would have not been cleaned/improved if it was not filmed in the first place? It seems like the motivation to clean up was due to publicity reasons.

You can't really determine the ancestry from the last name though. The Spanish last names could either be Spanish or Filipino (or mestizo), and perhaps some Chinese families adopted Spanish or Austronesian last names to assimilate/blend in the host population.

Does anyone think it would be a good idea to have the Davao mayor run for president in the next election?

I saw how Princess Jacel Kiram from Sulu spoke to the public and I like how she talks and she seems concern to her people and to the Filipinos. If I want someone from the South, I like her to run in the senate.

For the next presidency I think Mirriam Defensor Santiago is a good candidate for president.

I heard about Duterte though maybe good for Vice President

But anyways, we'll see... we need to know more about their political background and past records.

Last edited by pinai; 04-05-2014 at 12:36 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 12:27 PM

399 posts, read 719,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
Well of course it is not good, but for a country like the Philippines, there is no other way. Look at the politicians, each of them take like 300 million for their own pockets. If the government is tough, they will be afraid to do so and those 300 million could go to infrastructure. Also, with the gap between the rich and the poor, it is one way to make everyone else the same.
With communism you would make the people suffer more. Sure the old corrupt politicians would flee but in their place you would put other people that would hold all the power and more firm. That would be the biggest mistake the Philippines would make. Learn from others mistakes always. My parents are from a country that became communist. They were professionals. They had to flee. Since than that country has become garbage. Before they had a dictator, sure you didn't have certain freedoms..but it was a soft dictator. You could have your own business and live your life relatively normal. The communist just destroyed all of that.

A couple years back in Mindanao there was a mass killing. Beheading of reporters and some other people by henchmen of a politician. Politics can be really ugly.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmain View Post
With communism you would make the people suffer more. Sure the old corrupt politicians would flee but in their place you would put other people that would hold all the power and more firm. That would be the biggest mistake the Philippines would make. Learn from others mistakes always. My parents are from a country that became communist. They were professionals. They had to flee. Since than that country has become garbage. Before they had a dictator, sure you didn't have certain freedoms..but it was a soft dictator. You could have your own business and live your life relatively normal. The communist just destroyed all of that.

A couple years back in Mindanao there was a mass killing. Beheading of reporters and some other people by henchmen of a politician. Politics can be really ugly.
No to Communism too. But I like a little bit martial law like Marcos, but not too much. Because we need a president like him. except the corruption etc. but Marcos was actually a good president.

remember the case of Maggie dela Riva and one of the convicted was actually a son of his very close friend. But he still let those convicted for execution and all of them came from prominent families.

Philippines was like 2nd from Japan during his time. I was actually against of Martial Law as I read about the story and the videos. I like how Filipinos can able to unite for 1 purpose but looking back the records of Ferdinand Marcos on how he run the Philippines and to compare those president and the quality of life of the Filipinos. I guess we need someone like Marcos except not too much like you don't have anymore freedom.

Quote:

President Ferdinand Marcos and some of his accomplishments:

-Richest in Asia, second to Japan
-First country to have an Airport in South East Asia
-First country in Asia to have a Train
-Number 1 in the world in Rice and Sugar exporting
-There are no illegal drugs, you can't even drink and get drunk on the streets
-There are only a few OFW's because the government is self sufficient with jobs
-Foreigners can't own a land property
-Peso to US dollar, $1=P1.50

Last edited by pinai; 04-05-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia