Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 06:59 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Wouldn't call first hand experiences with Russian people in the USA, England, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Turkey, Thailand, Japan and on a cruise ship in the Caribbean sea the American media.
3xperience with emigrants or travelers abroad are never a reliable indicator of what the people back home are like. Would you judge Americans by the ones you meet while traveling abroad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2015, 07:26 AM

379 posts, read 359,141 times
I used to work with a lot of Russians. They were very smart but also very lazy. One of my co workers said to me out of nowhere "you will never see a Russian MILF." My landlord in Brooklyn was Russian and had a huge scary guy drive me around in an outdated BMW 7 series when I was looking at his properties. He did not give me my deposit back, and I did not pursue it. I think that was the point of the scary guy. When I think of Russia the country I think of those crazy looking buildings in Moscow, the sloppy snow in the Sochi olympics, vodka, cold weather and trees. Many important contributions in my field (math) were discovered and developed by Russian mathematicians.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:45 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,563,054 times
pro-Japanese countries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hUjr8qYcC4

Old 07-12-2015, 08:49 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
The Russian mob in Brighton Beach and rich Russian Jews I know. The country of Russia itself is kinda a mess. Sadly the USSR used to be the only superpower that could rival the USA.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:15 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
3xperience with emigrants or travelers abroad are never a reliable indicator of what the people back home are like. Would you judge Americans by the ones you meet while traveling abroad?
I judge any nationality, doesn't matter if they are emigrants/travelers.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
I once read about Fort Ross, russian explorations south of Alaska made the spaniards colonize/populate the Californias.
Also almost forgot about:
K47 rifles
Chekhov
Tolstoy
Winter palace
Peterhof! Forget the Winter Palace. Peter's palace is where it's at! You take a hydrofoil down the river to beautiful park-like grounds decorated with fountains, and a number of lesser palaces, in addition to the main one. Great place for a picnic, and a nice, relaxing day away from the city and hustle-bustle of traffic.

There's also a Buddhist temple in the Tibetan tradition in town. Monks from the Buryat Republic run it.

Russia: Buddhism

Old 07-12-2015, 09:44 PM

919 posts, read 839,479 times
All I know about Russia is a type of caviar, or salmon roe, in Japanese(イクラ=ikura) is borrowed from Russion word, Икра

Old 07-13-2015, 05:14 PM

844 posts, read 1,063,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Peterhof! Forget the Winter Palace. Peter's palace is where it's at! You take a hydrofoil down the river to beautiful park-like grounds decorated with fountains, and a number of lesser palaces, in addition to the main one. Great place for a picnic, and a nice, relaxing day away from the city and hustle-bustle of traffic.

There's also a Buddhist temple in the Tibetan tradition in town. Monks from the Buryat Republic run it.

Russia: Buddhism
Thanks I did look up Saint Petersburg, a great city that a yearn to visit. Already in my endless bucket list

Old 07-14-2015, 08:15 AM

8 posts, read 4,911 times
We in Russia have such a funny story about the Americans.
The Americans view Russian family.

- Honey, I'm home!
- Why so late?
- On the road bear twisted his leg - had vodka soldering.
- Take it all! Let's drink vodka.
"Mom, I'll go play with the bear.
- Okay, but first have a drink of vodka.
- Where's grandpa?
- He is in line for coupons on coupons.
- Well, before that he drank vodka. And you don't sit idle - just go and drink vodka.
"Okay, go out for a ride, son, and don't forget to write in the evening a report to the KGB! And on the way home don't forget to buy vodka - it ends.
- Honey, it's hot here. Please turn off the nuclear reactor.
- Now vodka drink and turn off, while you play the balalaika.
Moscow, father, son, mother.
— Family, sit down to eat potatoes with herring "Sardines"!
— Drink vodka!
— Dad, can I go down to look at Lenin, play the balalaika and wash our bear?
— You can only hot, go turn off a nuclear reactor in the basement! Can drink vodka! Yes, where is your sister?
— Cleans AK-47.
— Well done! He can drink vodka!
— Dad, today I wrote on the "5 for an essay on the topic "I'm ready For Lenin to rot in the mines"!
— Well done! Can the whole class to drink vodka!
— Wife, and where our grandfather?
— Standing in line for coupons for coupons!
— Well, he can drink vodka come!
All, ate, drink vodka and go to a Congress of the CPSU!

How far is it from the truth?

Old 07-15-2015, 06:17 PM

388 posts, read 473,702 times
Putin is vastly underestimated by USA. He's a former spy, top nationally-ranked martial arts master, and brilliant strategist.

USA ppl: read The Colder War. It will open your eyes about Putin and the world's biggest power players' greed for the petrodollar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia