Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:41 AM

22 posts, read 17,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is there some reason you can't find a woman in the US you're happy with?
Lots of reasons.

1. American women are too obsessed with the idea of being "independent". They don't want to be married. I need a homemaker. Most women in America look down on this perfectly respectable profession. Filipinas are willing to accept this role. The girl who wants to be "independent", well she can just go be "independent" by herself.
2. At my age, all the good ones are taken. Snapped up quickly long ago.
3. Asian cultures value relationships more than westerners, and so are less likely to divorce, and more likely to divorce on good terms. Just a cultural difference. So that attracts me, because I don't want divorce.
4. Half-asian children are super beautiful with lots of hybrid vigor. If I ever have children, I want them to be half-Asian. There are about 2% Asians in my state. I can't afford a long vacation to San Francisco to find a fiancee.
5. Most Americans don't like smart people. They're considered "weird". Asians are opposite. Intelligence is a positive trait.
6. I hate tattoos. I think they're trashy. A big turn-off. American women usually pluck their eyebrows out. Also a very trashy look.
7. I want a healthy mate that isn't obese.
8. Most single American women are Feminist, if they aren't religious fundamentalists or something nuts like that. Feminism isn't about equality, it is about domination. I am not a bully and I won't be henpecked either. I'm not interested in a fight for dominance. I just want to get along and not argue and be happy and grow old together.

Why keep hitting my head against the wall searching for someone I won't find? I've tried for decades. Time to go where the grass is greener.

Last edited by georgeorwell; 10-29-2018 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: add picture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
He wants an unpaid caregiver for his parents and an unpaid maid for himself and she’s the one taking advantage?!?
When did I ever say unpaid? She gets half of my income, all she has to do is the tasks required of a homemaker. Through her support, she's allowed me to focus on work. Of course that income goes towards our immediate family, not to help every cousin in the Phils. If she wants to send a lot of money home, she had better go get a part-time job. That's how I want it to go, anyway. Hopefully it works out.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:54 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,234,562 times
You just made a ton of generalities to which there are millions of exceptions. Just keep in mind that you aren't marrying a demographic but an individual person, which may or may not conform to your generalities. Lol, can't afford to go to San Fran but can go hunting in the Philippines!

Old 10-29-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Yep...and when the OP said that they deserve half of everything he has...that's the catch. That thinking makes sense when two Americans both working towards the immediate family, and staying within the family.

When Americans marry Filipinas, usually it's just the American giving half of everything to her family, and very little of her money going into 'their immediate household.' So when she leaves, she's already been draining the guy, and just takes the rest.
That's why it is important to come to an agreement about such things before getting involved.

Old 10-29-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You just made a ton of generalities to which there are millions of exceptions. Just keep in mind that you aren't marrying a demographic but an individual person, which may or may not conform to your generalities. Lol, can't afford to go to San Fran but can go hunting in the Philippines!
You think I don't know I'm making generalizations? Each one of those generalizations lowers the odds of finding a suitable mate in the States.

Last edited by georgeorwell; 10-29-2018 at 12:19 PM..

Old 10-29-2018, 12:27 PM

If someone can answer the original question, I'd be eternally grateful. Does anyone have experience where they had to pay child support for many years because they sponsored their spouse's kid on a K-2 visa?

Old 10-29-2018, 01:17 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,521,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
There are alot of Filipinas out there who are virgin and without the additional baggage of having a previous family. So why go with her? Anyway, I can't judge you, maybe she has a good personality and maybe you've found true love.

Just be careful and don't be scammed. I say this as a Filipino and I'm genuinely concerned for you since alot of my countrymen are desperately poor and look upon some foreigners as a ticket out of poverty.
My grandson got stuck holding the bag for myriad thousands of dollars.......

Old 10-29-2018, 01:53 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post
If someone can answer the original question, I'd be eternally grateful. Does anyone have experience where they had to pay child support for many years because they sponsored their spouse's kid on a K-2 visa?
Child support depends upon state law, you can have a local girlfriend single parent and get hit as easily as for your ex spouse's child

Old 10-29-2018, 02:42 PM

554 posts, read 1,069,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwell View Post

What your asking isn't related to "child support", but instead it is relative to your obligation to support anyone you sponsor for a visa to come to the United States (e.g. anyone you have to file an Affidavit of Support for).

See this web site https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

"An affidavit of support is legally enforceable; the sponsor's responsibility usually lasts until the family member or other individual either becomes a U.S. citizen, or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (usually 10 years)."

So in reality it goes beyond, or could go beyond, the period that child support would cover. If the child does not become a U.S. citizen, then you are not relieved of your obligation until he or she works for 40 quarters (10 years). So if the child doesn't work full time until finishing college, 40 quarters could last until they are nearly 30 years old (or more)!

Old 10-29-2018, 07:04 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
sexbot and a cat will solve all your problems
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia