Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 12:00 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is there some reason you can't find a woman in the US you're happy with?
My guess is that many of these guys that end up looking for 'love' in Southeast Asia do so because that's the easiest option for them.

If you ask these guys why they fly all the way overseas to find a wife, they will usually come up with a long list of fancy sounding reasons about being compatible with their 'culture' and how Asian women are more 'feminine' ().

But the real answer in most cases is because to these guys it's easier to hook up with a woman from a third world country than it is trying to find a woman back home. And it's easiest to find these girls in the red light areas of Southeast Asia. These are women that have grown up in poverty in a third world country, who sell their bodies to feed their kids and families. So a lot of guys go to these bars acting like Bill Gates, and delude themselves into thinking that the prostitute they paid for somehow 'loves' them, and next thing you know he wants to 'save' her and her kids, and marry her and take her back to his home country.

I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, but it sure seems like it for many guys that go to these countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 12:17 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I guess they feel like king for a short while. Maybe that’s the temporary high.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,973,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
My guess is that many of these guys that end up looking for 'love' in Southeast Asia do so because that's the easiest option for them.

If you ask these guys why they fly all the way overseas to find a wife, they will usually come up with a long list of fancy sounding reasons about being compatible with their 'culture' and how Asian women are more 'feminine' ().

But the real answer in most cases is because to these guys it's easier to hook up with a woman from a third world country than it is trying to find a woman back home. And it's easiest to find these girls in the red light areas of Southeast Asia. These are women that have grown up in poverty in a third world country, who sell their bodies to feed their kids and families. So a lot of guys go to these bars acting like Bill Gates, and delude themselves into thinking that the prostitute they paid for somehow 'loves' them, and next thing you know he wants to 'save' her and her kids, and marry her and take her back to his home country.

I'm not saying this is the OP's situation, but it sure seems like it for many guys that go to these countries.
Aren't you glad economics never drives relationships in the US. Bwahaha.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:36 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,201,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

It should also be noted that older American women do the same EXACT thing. One could make an argument why the two don't 'hook up together'...but usually because the older American woman wants a hot guy that makes her feel good, like those Romance novels do...go to anywhere in the Caribbean or Turkey or Bali or wherever else, and you'll see their scenes just the same.

Old 11-05-2018, 08:28 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It should also be noted that older American women do the same EXACT thing. One could make an argument why the two don't 'hook up together'...but usually because the older American woman wants a hot guy that makes her feel good, like those Romance novels do...go to anywhere in the Caribbean or Turkey or Bali or wherever else, and you'll see their scenes just the same.
Interesting, I didn’t know about this. But you maybe right, a lady in my art class is looking for love in Turkey. But she did live in Turkey when she was younger.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:44 AM

8,488 posts, read 6,894,642 times
Yup. Traveling to third world countries to look for "companionship" isn't the exclusive domain of the male gender. There's quite a profitable tourist business in places like the Dominican Republic and Haiti that caters to older financially well off white women looking for companionship albeit on a short term basis.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:37 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,101,947 times
American women are too obsessed with the idea of being "independent". They don't want to be married. I need a homemaker. Most women in America look down on this perfectly respectable profession. Filipinas are willing to accept this role. The girl who wants to be "independent", well she can just go be "independent" by herself.

Please, by all means, continue your search for a housewife abroad. Self-respecting North American women want nothing to do with you.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
i read somewhere they also flock to Africa

Old 11-09-2018, 02:19 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
It's not my position to judge, but how can a man live with a woman from the other end the world with children? I cannot imagine that life.

Old 12-05-2018, 05:50 PM

6,456 posts, read 3,980,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
Aren't you glad economics never drives relationships in the US. Bwahaha.
Of course it does, for both sexes/genders. But it's rare in the West that you'll see men talking openly and frankly about "renting girlfriends" or about how they're well aware the 20-year-old that their 50-year-old self is dating is with them only because they shell out cash, the way you do in places like Thailand.

Quote:
Funny, I see it the opposite-- it's the men who want a woman who's 25 or younger and pretty enough to be way above their league in the west (although I see plenty of pretty women with some pretty goofy-looking guys in the west, too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia