Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times

Advertisements

The concept of separation of church and state appears to be foreign to Rick Perry. Go forth and dislike.

[youtube]0PAJNntoRgA[/youtube]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PAJNntoRgA"]Strong - YouTube[/URL]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 02:34 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
He's a truly frightening fellow. As a victim of his governorshup, I know about him.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
I heard this ad this afternoon on the Michael Medved talk-radio show. Even though Michael's a Christian and Jew, he saw the problem with this ad. Even though I'm not an Obama fan, I do not see a "war on religion".

Obama correctly wants to keep it in its place. Children may indeed "celebrate" Christmas in school, via a voluntary school play, for instance, but may not inject their religion on others who may hold different faith views, or who are atheists.

Tell me, Christians, what would you actually do or say if your kid's school held a new-age Christmas Play, attendance mandatory during school hours, and entitled:

"The Atheist Who Came to Christmas Dinner",

Followed a day later with "A Christmas Carol", where all had to attend as well, but then...

But then, a day later with a class interactive play called "Islamic Holy Days", a play where all the school kids had to get down on Muslim Prayer rugs and bow to the East?

Hmmm? What say, pray tell?

BTW, this sort of open politi-proselytizing is exactly why the Christian Right is so frickin' scary to so many Americans. This guy's off my list, no matter what else he believes in, even if it were free high-end Bourbon in all public drinking fountains!

Last edited by rifleman; 12-08-2011 at 04:20 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 03:13 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
I've already taken the pledge not to vote for anyone who has sold their soul to Norquist, He was on that list

Old 12-09-2011, 06:54 AM

1,006 posts, read 735,662 times
Perry reminds me of the fanaticism cultivated at Patrick Henry College. Very strange and alarming. Unfortunately he's from my state......

Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,012,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
The concept of separation of church and state appears to be foreign to Rick Perry. Go forth and dislike.

Strong - YouTube
Rick Perry please throw away those confederate dollars and come into 21st century. If not the 21st at least come into 20th.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Even before I hear a mans name, if his resume includes "Governor of Texas" he scares the hell out of me, for he is dumber than dirt.

What do I base that on? The track record of the previous former governors of texas.

Which brings to question, what the hell is wrong with the people of Texas that have elected these loons in the first place.

Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,755 times
Thumb'd down and flagged. Scum like these need to be kept out of public office entirely, but especially shouldn't be president.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:25 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Even before I hear a mans name, if his resume includes "Governor of Texas" he scares the hell out of me, for he is dumber than dirt.

What do I base that on? The track record of the previous former governors of texas.

Which brings to question, what the hell is wrong with the people of Texas that have elected these loons in the first place.
Well I'll hafta take up for Texas in some regards here, after having lived there and starting my career there I can attest to the fact that many things are done right there. Having said that, that guy does scare the hell out of me, but no more than any other delusional type.

Old 12-09-2011, 09:27 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
I understand, after all I'm an atheist living in the bible belt, about 10 miles from Billy Graham's home.

Doesn't change the fact that at least in my lifetime there hasn't been a former Texas politician elected president that hasn't been a total disaster for the country, which includes escalating or starting wars. The only real positive from one is civil rights passage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism