Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:30 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times

Advertisements

... but to answer your initial question:

Yes, it does. That message is:

It's okay to think for yourself.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if I was an atheist, (which I'm not), and I managed to get in a very powerful position, along with other atheists, what exactly would I need you for?

Are you a beautiful woman?

Are you an inventor? Or do you just use up resources like a parasite?

Because, if I only have one life to live, do you think I want to wait in lines? Do you think I want to see you at a "secluded" beach?

What exactly would I need you for?

If I kept you around, I would intentially endure suffering despite the fact that nobody can hold me accountable due to my position.

This is especially true if I convince other atheists to fully confide in their atheist ideolgy.

It's illogical for me to keep you around. You see what I'm saying?
This says a lot more about you than it says about atheists.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:32 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
What's illogical is your belief that the only two possible choices are religious faith and utter sociopathy.

In fact, it's beyond illogical -- it's profoundly misguided. If you can't figure that out, then what's the point in this discussion? You'll never convince me, and I'll never convince you.
But how could I be a sociopath if it's socially acceptable.

Were the Nazi's sociopaths? You can only be a sociopath if you are commiting something abnormal in society.

If you made it a societal norm, you are no longer exhibiting sociopathic behavior.

Instead, you are representing the norm.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:33 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This says a lot more about you than it says about atheists.
Sometimes all it takes is one persuasive person.

I don't think that you can overlook this.

13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Quote:

Were the Nazi's sociopaths? You can only be a sociopath if you are commiting something abnormal in society.

If you made a societal norm, you are no longer exhibiting sociopathic behavior.

Most people don't believe in the Christian gods. Do most people exhibit sociopathic behavior?

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
It's indisputable. Isn't it?
How about showing us one of those signs that mock Christianity....Are they anything like this Christian anti atheist sign?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:34 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times
Quote:

If you made a societal norm, you are no longer exhibiting sociopathic behavior.

So now you're saying all atheists are potential Nazis?

Keep digging. You're not doing yourself any favors here.

And by the way, many if not most Nazis were Christian.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times
Why do "christians" behave like humans? They can do anything they want, and on their deathbed say sorry, and ALL is forgiven.

Ever wonder why Jesus is always found in prisons?

Old 08-22-2012, 09:37 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
The German people had no problem giving Jews up to the Nazi's after a powerful propoganda campaign that reduced them to rodent status.

Couldn't the same thing be done in regards to the poor?

Then it wouldn't be an issue of conscious. If anything, it would be the right thing to do. There wouldn't be any fundamental basis backing something otherwise.

What's right would change to adapt to the circumstances surrounding the preeminant ideology.
There is no atheist ideology.

And I'm sorry, but in regards to the poor and reducing them to "rodent status", it's certainly not atheists I'd be worried about on that front. Not if his forum is any indication.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Hypothetically speaking, if I was an atheist, (which I'm not), and I managed to get in a very powerful position, along with other atheists, what exactly would I need you for?

Are you a beautiful woman?

Are you an inventor? Or do you just use up resources like a parasite?

Because, if I only have one life to live, do you think I want to wait in lines? Do you think I want to see you at a "secluded" beach?

What exactly would I need you for?

If I kept you around, I would intentially endure suffering despite the fact that nobody can hold me accountable due to my position.

This is especially true if I convince other atheists to fully confide in their atheist ideolgy.

It's illogical for me to keep you around. You see what I'm saying?
That is psychopathic thinking...Are you a psychopath?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism