Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2021, 12:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Yeah ... it didn't even take much. And off you went.

What I do is teach both sides. I, as a majority, say "we are going to give you a ton of money and resources. We owe you that" And I also ask "What is your responsibility in this? How can you help us and yourselves."

You don't badland. You are a blamer.
You don't teach both sides, not at all.

Who am I even blame by wanting more than one narrow view taught in schools?

How in the World is not teaching a thing about the First Nations teaching both sides? Your both sides is an outright lie because when I bring up some of the flaws by not teaching about non whites you say I'm a blamer.

But it doesn't matter what I had said. I believe that if I posted the comment that Canadian winters can be cold you'll attack me for being anti American and trying to stop religion by claiming our winters can be cold. However First Nations people do exist in our countries and slavery did as well and was 0rimarily whites owning at for st natives and later blacks. Yes theRe wete exceptions but primarily what I said is factually true and ignoring that is not teaching both sides. And neither is teaching that blacks equally owned other blacks as did whites. Facts not feelings matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 12:43 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

How in the World is not teaching a thing about the First Nations teaching both sides? Your both sides is an outright lie because when I bring up some of the flaws by not teaching about non whites you say I'm a blamer.

But it doesn't matter what I had said. I believe that if I posted the comment that Canadian winters can be cold you'll attack me for being anti American and trying to stop religion by claiming our winters can be cold. However First Nations people do exist in our countries and slavery did as well and was 0rimarily whites owning at for st natives and later blacks. Yes theRe wete exceptions but primarily what I said is factually true and ignoring that is not teaching both sides. And neither is teaching that blacks equally owned other blacks as did whites. Facts not feelings matter.
Your post is based on embracing the noble victim. Why not teach from a neutral purely academic viewpoint? The children of this era are not guilty of the sins of their ancestors.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Your post is based on embracing the noble victim. Why not teach from a neutral purely academic viewpoint? The children of this era are not guilty of the sins of their ancestors.
But your neutral purely academic viewpoint is not that at all. It's a white Christian viewpoint that you believe is the correct and only one that is neutral. The Civil Rights marches wete not ones blaming white people for owning slaves 100 years earlier. The BLM marches are not blaming white people for what happened 160 years before.

Drop the word victim. 8 have neither used it nor hinted at it. You see people fighting for equality today as loving victimhood and holding onto the past. You cannot see that racial injustice actually is happening right in front of you. You don't see that not teaching the history of the First Nations as well as the Roman Empire is erasing their rich stories and contributions to our countries. The Curently attacks on Asian looking people, Muslims and Jews are not the work of our ancestors. Nor some of the racial inequalities coloured people face just on their way to school.

You want to swept not only the past but anything unpleasant of the present under the guise neutral purely academic. No its a racists White Christian agenda you wish for and you label it neutral purely academic to hide behind.

Shame on you. And drop this complaining about victimhood. It makes you sound m9re and more racist everything you say it.

I want students to learn a balaced history or social studies. Children should be taught that white people are the only ones that count. Pardon me, I meant white men ad the new Alberta outline leaves our white women too.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:

Actually I do. The difference between me and you is I hold my peeps accountable first. You assume minority means righteous.

I look at how you would respond if I said "hey, I am proud of my heritage, lets have a "white American week." I look at how you respond to understand that you and I do not think the same.

There are reasons I wouldn't do it. But boy can I tell a lot about people by the way they react to that statement.

Old 04-05-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Actually I do. The difference between me and you is I hold my peeps accountable first. You assume minority means righteous.

I look at how you would respond if I said "hey, I am proud of my heritage, lets have a "white American week." I look at how you respond to understand that you and I do not think the same.

There are reasons I wouldn't do it. But boy can I tell a lot about people by the way they react to that statement.
Both you and Julian don't think minorities count for anything and should not be included in social studies.

D9 you celebrate that you finally have a white male president after every election except when Obama won? Yes I can understand why you may feel left out or insulted by black history month. International woman's day or by a gay pride parade. Everything has to be about you .

I never even mentioned teaching about problems minorities exist. So children should not learn why natives have reservations or reserves or why they and the government's signed treaties? Learning about them makes them victims or righteous? Funny learning about the Greeks or Romans don't make them victims or righteous?

The border of Treaty 7 runs right through our city. How does knowing that make the Blackfoot people victims or righteous? How does that or what the treaties meant harm white children? How is learning that one area of Alberta was settled by former slaves from the States while others by groups of Ukrainian, Czech, Jewish, Norwegian and Icelandic people as well as Britt all being assigned separate regions to homestead bad? Why is knowing about Gheugus Khan more important than the role chefs like Crow foot kept the Reil Rebellion smaller by siding with the Canadian government?

You don't hold people responsible you just make baseless claims against others. Why I don't know but it is very boring and tedious. Perhaps that is all you know how to do.

Old 04-05-2021, 02:16 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
But they are the only ones here to "pay" for those egregious past sins. I have learned by the actions of the atheists here in the forum, that human nature seems to require that the past must somehow be balanced even if it requires reversing the sins onto the descendants of the prior perpetrators. The militant atheists here feel justified in "getting even with theists" by any means necessary for all the abuse they feel atheists have suffered over the years under the dominance of religion.

Old 04-05-2021, 02:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,570,234 times
Quote:
Both you and Julian don't think minorities count for anything and should not be included in social studies.

D9 you celebrate that you finally have a white male president after every election except when Obama won? Yes I can understand why you may feel left out or insulted by black history month. International woman's day or by a gay pride parade. Everything has to be about you .

I never even mentioned teaching about problems minorities exist. So children should not learn why natives have reservations or reserves or why they and the government's signed treaties? Learning about them makes them victims or righteous? Funny learning about the Greeks or Romans don't make them victims or righteous?

The border of Treaty 7 runs right through our city. How does knowing that make the Blackfoot people victims or righteous? How does that or what the treaties meant harm white children? How is learning that one area of Alberta was settled by former slaves from the States while others by groups of Ukrainian, Czech, Jewish, Norwegian and Icelandic people as well as Britt all being assigned separate regions to homestead bad? Why is knowing about Gheugus Khan more important than the role chefs like Crow foot kept the Reil Rebellion smaller by siding with the Canadian government?

You don't hold people responsible you just make baseless claims against others. Why I don't know but it is very boring and tedious. Perhaps that is all you know how to do.
Yeah ... you proved my point. Your first sentence is a baseless claim. The D9 sentence is baseless claim, about me celebrating a white pres, but it is also proof.

They are just the first two sentences but I just want to make sure I have it right before I show you where you are not exactly speaking the truth.

Did I change anything you said in those? And I misstating you?

Old 04-05-2021, 03:29 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,227 times
Quote:
But your neutral purely academic viewpoint is not that at all. It's a white Christian viewpoint that you believe is the correct and only one that is neutral. The Civil Rights marches wete not ones blaming white people for owning slaves 100 years earlier. The BLM marches are not blaming white people for what happened 160 years before.

Drop the word victim. 8 have neither used it nor hinted at it. You see people fighting for equality today as loving victimhood and holding onto the past. You cannot see that racial injustice actually is happening right in front of you. You don't see that not teaching the history of the First Nations as well as the Roman Empire is erasing their rich stories and contributions to our countries. The Curently attacks on Asian looking people, Muslims and Jews are not the work of our ancestors. Nor some of the racial inequalities coloured people face just on their way to school.

You want to swept not only the past but anything unpleasant of the present under the guise neutral purely academic. No its a racists White Christian agenda you wish for and you label it neutral purely academic to hide behind.

Shame on you. And drop this complaining about victimhood. It makes you sound m9re and more racist everything you say it.

I want students to learn a balaced history or social studies. Children should be taught that white people are the only ones that count. Pardon me, I meant white men ad the new Alberta outline leaves our white women too.
Your post is a massive straw man. All I am saying is that you are your ilk are promoting a cult and if anyone disagrees they are bad people. You are shaming me for thinking differently. You desire to impose your ideas on others. You think you are correct because you assume you have the moral high background. This is a lot like religion in medieval times and people like you can be dangerous.

It is quite possible to teach history in a neutral objective manner without injecting victimhood identity politics. Sadly that victim status is the main ingredient of your identity and you cannot think straight. That is why I foresee an authoritarian state if you and your minions get into power.

To call me a racist is simply a way to beat me down into accepting your bizarre world view.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Your post is a massive straw man. All I am saying is that you are your ilk are promoting a cult and if anyone disagrees they are bad people. You are shaming me for thinking differently. You desire to impose your ideas on others. You think you are correct because you assume you have the moral high background. This is a lot like religion in medieval times and people like you can be dangerous.

It is quite possible to teach history in a neutral objective manner without injecting victimhood identity politics. Sadly that victim status is the main ingredient of your identity and you cannot think straight. That is why I foresee an authoritarian state if you and your minions get into power.

To call me a racist is simply a way to beat me down into accepting your bizarre world view.
The moment I said we should teach about our natives you claimed I was 0romoting victimhood.

Show me you aren't racists. Explain on how you would teach about First Nations people without mentioning anything about first nations people in a neutral and academic way? Remember 8 never said anything about the plight they faces just some of their history and contributions. I wait to see how you would teach it different from anything that I actually said.

Secondly how would you teach American history and leave out completely the story of slavery, the Civil War and the Civil Rights era that 8s any different from what I would that is global and neutral and purely academic? Show the difference between what I actually stated and what you would do. Remember this would be for a public school class, one of their many topics and not a four year degree program for adults.

These are your challenges. I never brought up teaching victimhood, you did. I wait for your neutral and purely academic response. Failure to even teach the topic is neither neutral nor academic. It would only make you comfortable.

I inferred you might be a racists as you keep stating that teaching about minorities causes them t9 be victims. If you are not racists why would leaning about minorities make them learn to be victims. There is no rational reason for thinking that I know of. Why do you think blacks, Asians or blacks must be victims to be even cinsidered. I don't understand.

Old 04-05-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah ... you proved my point. Your first sentence is a baseless claim. The D9 sentence is baseless claim, about me celebrating a white pres, but it is also proof.

They are just the first two sentences but I just want to make sure I have it right before I show you where you are not exactly speaking the truth.

Did I change anything you said in those? And I misstating you?
Yes you are mistaking me. I asked about celebrating a white male president because no one thinks that because everyone but one has been white. Same as nor celebrating white week whites are in the majority an have most of the power so why would they need a special week unlike blacks or other groups that are more overlooked.

Not sure you will accept the explanation but you did totally missed understand my points. Maybe you took them too literal

As far as my first sentence you both jumped on me for promoting victimhood and righteousness when all I advocating is including minorities in the social studies because they actually exist. And are a more important aspect of a Grade 2 that is the Mongol Empire. Kids in Grade 2 do include a first nations and Asians and other visible minorities. That is a fact. Leave this victimhood and other crap out of it, it were you two not me promoting that concept. The First Nations contributed a lot to my country and certainly assisted the explorers the fur trade and even the settling of the west. Why is it wrong to teach about them but not of the Romans and Greeks?

Both you jumped on me because you perceived I was saying something totally different and I assume you thought I was bringing up the points made by activities of several groups in your country, none of them I am involved in. I believe it makes our social studies more balanced and makes better citizens knowing about all of our peoples.

I now know I can't use hyperbole, analogy or even spelling errors with you nor can I even present my own opinion without you jumping on me and attacking me for something else.

Not annoyed just tired of it.

I have never advocating the teaching that minorities are victims or that they are the ones in the right all the time. But when young people tell a Chinese Canadian to go back were he came from and his grandfather was born in Vancouver BC , that person did not learn about the Chinese coming over helping build the railway and work in the Caribioo Goldfield on the1850s.

Attack what I write not what you think I mean for once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism