Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:59 AM

746 posts, read 2,175,740 times

Advertisements

Cremated and the ashes spread on a nice quiet lake in the northwoods of lovely WI.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 09:40 PM

10 posts, read 28,620 times
Green burial is becoming more common in the U.S. you can get wicker caskets and be buried without embalming. Your urn can be made out of biodegradeable paper that will dissolve in water, looks like a seashell. Or a pressed paper urn that can be used for scattering or buried. Look up Passages Scatter Tubes on google.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:09 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,987 times
Well, I hope I live to a ripe old age & noone will want my shriveled up organs but I'm an organ donor nonetheless. If there is a need & I can help someone, that's great. I would then like to be cremated & taken out to sea to become part of a coral reef. Then I would like to have my family spend the day on the boat, having good food, good drinks, fond memories & marveling at the beauty of the sky, dolphins, birds & water around them.

Eternal Reefs, A Cremation Memorial Option

I absolutely do not want to be buried.. the thought has always creeped me out.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:27 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Well, I think it would be best if any who wished it would come over to the house, and talk with others, telling all of the funny stories about me they can remember. I suspect I have given enough ammunition for this sort of thing to keep them busy for a while. Then, charbroil my butt and take me out on a fishin' boat out of either Morehead City, NC, or Atlantic Beach, NC and at some point toss the ashes out into the ocean, somewhere around the gulf stream. With luck old friends may think about me when fishing, and, yeah, one other little thing, I want my fishin' hat to cook with me, that ole shady brady has seen a lot of fishin'.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:42 AM

10 posts, read 28,620 times
I forgot to mention, you can go to www.greenburialcouncil.org to get information on green burial programs, "green" cemeteries, cremation and products. In Denver, there has been talk of taking one of the oldest cemeteries, Riverside Cemetery, and using part of it for scattering in a prarie-like setting.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:16 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Not trying to change your mind one way or the other, just pointing out that even if you're cremated your ashes can be buried and a memorial available for you to visit.
HUMMMMMMMM, does give me food for thought, please enlighten me, Assume I am dead and have been cremated, then......memorial or not, just how do you propose that I could visit anything?

Old 12-15-2008, 07:22 AM

414 posts, read 776,832 times
Default .interesting is only the Irish ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
blue wrote:

In my home town in Montana there were a large number of Irish immigrants living in a mining town and I've heard many stories about Irish Wakes and I'm mostly Irish myself. My uncle told me an awful story about how everybody got so drunk at a wake that they actually were pouring down shots of liquor down the dead man's throat when he was there as a young boy. He told me he had nightmares about it. Yes, it's true blue that we Irish have an interesting culture.

... Montana, your status otherwise suggests you've got lightyears to get up to scratch, sorry

YouTube - We Dont Need No Education

Old 12-15-2008, 07:42 AM

520 posts, read 895,516 times
Cremated, and made in to pencils.
Carbon Copies

Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
When I die am going to be cremated and here's where I want my ashes to be spread.
YouTube - Chesapeake - Red Letter Day
Oh, this brought back memories... I used to see Red Letter Day at Andy's in Chestertown (MD)....

I want to be cremated and ashes spread in the woods....

forum rules, please read them

Old 12-15-2008, 09:50 AM

414 posts, read 776,832 times
Lightbulb Good idea, really ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I'm gonna be made into a diamond.
... that might enhance the industrial greed and reduce the cash cow.. err flow.. err ....
Stephen's greetings!

+
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism