Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 08:18 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,407,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
It's possible he was simply proud of his manly physique and felt that young men would be interested in seeing it. Pro athletes show off their bodies all the time and millions of men glue themselves to the TV watching every move they make. Many rappers also like to show off their physiques and young men often admire and seek to emulate them.

Men often flash their physiques to women as well, although the reasons are less clear.

I agree that it was odd for a man Long's age to target these particular boys but there's a possiblity it was good clean fun.
Yeah okay. I'll just let you sleep, and wake you when it's all over with.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:22 AM

1,582 posts, read 2,189,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
That's kind of a smart-alecky remark, since I haven't said or implied any such thing. If you actually read my posts, you'll see that I've cited the Bible verbatim. Obviously the Bible predated African slavery in the New World by at least 1500 years, but it would be silly to contend that these passsages weren't used to justify slavery for hundreds of years.

If you're reading something into it other than historical fact, that's your projection, not mine.

People used airplanes to kill thousands of people which doesn't invalidate airplanes as incredibly efficient when used as intended. The fact that people have used the Bible to "justify" evil only indicates evil in those people.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 AM

397 posts, read 844,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
The fact that people have used the Bible to "justify" evil only indicates evil in those people.
Sure. That's kind of the point. Depending on who is reading what passage of the bible, you can justify a lot of things as being acceptable that any logical mind would not. Often times that same people who choose on passage and take it literally to support their point have all sorts of excused why other passaged were not meant to be taken literally.

The whole thing is nonsense. It's impossible for anyone today to KNOW what was meant when these stories were written over a thousand years ago. There are whole books written by apostles and others that weren't even allowed in the bible because they were deemed to be inaccurate many years later by people who were not there.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Someone should have placed a:

A= Guilty
B= Not Guilty

poll on this thread. That would've been much more interesting IMHO.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,804,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
Yeah okay. I'll just let you sleep, and wake you when it's all over with.
That's funny, ATL. That dude is delusional.

Why would a man send a boy those pics. Why would a male send another male such a pic.

Here's the thing: We are quick to jump against the priest. They are boy rapers or molesters. They're monsters. In the black church, this is unheard of. Long didn't commit this crime against these boys.

Pastors have misused women for years. Used her pain and torment against her. This behavior didn't start with these boys. I'm sure others are out there. They won't come out, because of the ignorance of the black church.

Some say, the church and others knew about his behavior for years, but nothing was done.

Old 10-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
That's funny, ATL. That dude is delusional.

Why would a man send a boy those pics. Why would a male send another male such a pic.

Here's the thing: We are quick to jump against the priest. They are boy rapers or molesters. They're monsters. In the black church, this is unheard of. Long didn't commit this crime against these boys.

Pastors have misused women for years. Used her pain and torment against her. This behavior didn't start with these boys. I'm sure others are out there. They won't come out, because of the ignorance of the black church.

Some say, the church and others knew about his behavior for years, but nothing was done.
Exactly.

People behave as if the notion is just so unbelievable, when I just don't understand what's so hard to believe about it.

The images of himself posing in the mirror sealed it for me! There simply isn't a viable explanation for sending such images of yourself to another man, unless it's your boo and that's exactly what he was.......

I totally believe those guys. He got what he wanted, then ushered them aside when he was done to make room for the next young tenderony. Jamal probably felt used and broke (due to the cease in Church funds) and decided to strike back.

Now that's how it all went down according to Aficionado.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:55 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,804,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
Exactly.

People behave as if the notion is just so unbelievable, when I just don't understand what's so hard to believe about it.

The images of himself posing in the mirror sealed it for me! There simply isn't a viable explanation for sending such images of yourself to another man, unless it's your boo and that's exactly what he was.......

I totally believe those guys. He got what he wanted, then ushered them aside when he was done to make room for the next young tenderony. Jamal probably felt used and broke (due to the cease in Church funds) and decided to strike back.

Now that's how it all went down according to Aficionado.
If I'm the wife, then I would ask, what's up with the photos. Let's say, the tales are false. Dude, what's up with the pics.

ATL, not a PYT!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:49 AM

123 posts, read 380,866 times
A very sad and disgusting story. The hairpiece and the tight ass spandex clothes did it for me! I rebuke eddie long and his nasty ass!

Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,431,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.MJ View Post
A very sad and disgusting story. The hairpiece and the tight ass spandex clothes did it for me! I rebuke eddie long and his nasty ass!
You know you like that toupet!! Stop lying...

The spandex too....

Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,431,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMcFly View Post
Dude you & I have to be related for some damn reason...Everything You write I co sign. Like A lot of stuff you say, Sometimes you even beat me to punches I was gonna say...not just here But city data period dawg.

Im starting to have a man crush on you man. We should hold hands a stroll in Piedmont Park for crying out loud!

Anyway yea man..The whole "the devil is a lie" crap gets on my nerves to. Then you have the Praise God sistagirls, hoping he can beat the issue....who cares? just sit back and enjoy the drama. Eddie Long is no more a man of God than Hitler was. Dude is a coward, plain & simple. Now its We We We? "We gonna beat this" "They cant slow us down" Like his church is under the scope....ANYONE can replace dude and hold it down at Philips Arena Jr aka Their megachurch. Now its a "we" thing & not a "him" thing. NEGRO PLEASE! So I dont support this guy that make me the devil? See how clouded all this is? Bishop Eddie Long likes the smell of teenage boys boxer shorts and it comes to light, now critism comes out and people telling us not to cast stones? Not to gossip? Man...some all yall people need open your eyes. He says he is going to fight IT? What is he fighting? Who is he fighting? The critics? the media? the general public? the LGBT community? Anti Christians?.....buttom line dude is fighting himself. He is his own enemy.

I missed this post. Hilarious man!!!

And yes, I co-sign to this post too!!

Who knows? Possibly, brothers from another mother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta