Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 AM

20 posts, read 37,486 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Atlanta this June 2011. I am a Lpn. I just received my GA LPN approval in the mail. I'm trying to figure out how do I go about applying for jobs. I'm thinking they'll ignore my resume since I'm not physically in the state. I'll have just enough money to move come June. And maybe survive a month. I don't have enough to chill all summer and look for a job. I need a job waiting on me when I get down there. If I get down there on a monday I need to be working the following monday. You get my drift?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:47 AM

86 posts, read 121,331 times
Just stay where you are. Why are you coming down here?

Old 12-29-2010, 11:09 AM

847 posts, read 1,458,993 times
I don't mean to get too much into your business, but what is bringing you to Atlanta in June 2011? What are you seeking in Atlanta that isn't in Cleveland or another city? Do you have family or friends here that you can stay with while you search for employment and housing?

Finding a job here while you are not here is not totally impossible, but it is a longshot in the current job market. Local candidates are catching h-e-double hockey sticks trying to find jobs in most professions, so I would venture to guess that out-of-state candidates have an even harder time.

If you still want to try to find a job here before moving, I would suggest using a local address and phone number if possible. However, you would need to have some money saved up because most employers conduct at least one or two in-person interviews. Being out-of-state, it could be very costly to fly or drive on short notice for interviews, testing, or whatever that position may require.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM

Default To an azzhole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSuperfriend View Post
Just stay where you are. Why are you coming down here?
Listen don't respond if your not here to help. I'm coming because I'm a grown azz woman and do what the hell I please. If you so badly hate that people love atlanta and want to move there why don't the hell you move. You don't own atlanta you can't tell people not to come there. Get over it. And no I don't have the best grammar but this aint f*ckin english 102 either. Now analize that.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,978,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Lady View Post
Now analize that.
Sounds dirty.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM

86 posts, read 121,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Lady View Post
Listen don't respond if your not here to help. I'm coming because I'm a grown azz woman and do what the hell I please. If you so badly hate that people love atlanta and want to move there why don't the hell you move. You don't own atlanta you can't tell people not to come there. Get over it. And no I don't have the best grammar but this aint f*ckin english 102 either. Now analize that.
Why do you "love" Atlanta? Is it because you heard it was a "black mecca" or a " black utopia" on BET or a Tyler Perry movie. Did you know it had 9% unemployment rate and a lot of crime? Did you know traffic here is no joke?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Sounds dirty.
It is.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLSuperfriend View Post
Why do you "love" Atlanta? Is it because you heard it was a "black mecca" or a " black utopia on BET or a Tyler Perry movie. Did you know it had 9% unemployment rate? Did you know traffic here is no joke?
I've visited atl plenty times and each time I did not want to go home. I am not some young rat looking 4 any of the things you stated. I'm coming for the weather, the newer feeling (cleve got old azz buildings), more entertainment, and I would love being somewhere mostly black. Now please answer why are you there? If you hate the things you stated? Why stay?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:22 PM

And trust I've looked into a couple other places. NC is too slow for me. Had a friend move there he came back to cleve after 1year. Texas is too far from my 52yr old mom. Florida is not my style. Arkansa tenn kentucky...hell no. West...hell no. Chicago and DC is neck to neck with my GA choice but they get too cold like cleveland. Can I come now? Pretty please?

Old 12-29-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
I don't mean to get too much into your business, but what is bringing you to Atlanta in June 2011? What are you seeking in Atlanta that isn't in Cleveland or another city? Do you have family or friends here that you can stay with while you search for employment and housing?

Finding a job here while you are not here is not totally impossible, but it is a longshot in the current job market. Local candidates are catching h-e-double hockey sticks trying to find jobs in most professions, so I would venture to guess that out-of-state candidates have an even harder time.

If you still want to try to find a job here before moving, I would suggest using a local address and phone number if possible. However, you would need to have some money saved up because most employers conduct at least one or two in-person interviews. Being out-of-state, it could be very costly to fly or drive on short notice for interviews, testing, or whatever that position may require.
Thanku for responding BigL. Yeah that might be my best bet to just use my friends address who lives down there. Thanks again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: