Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:37 PM

8,490 posts, read 15,042,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'll raise you two bigger scams, and those actually involved the FREEDOMS of a certain type of people. Two Major-league examples of far-right conservative judicial activism.

1. Dred Scott v. Sanford(1857)

2. Plessy v. Ferguson(1896)

All the crap that we as a nation must deal with today can be traced to the decisions of these two cases that I listed. What say you to that, sir?
Probably nothing, but if I were to take a stab at it I think that somehow a rich cokehead beating a murder charge is a far worse tragedy in some peoples books. I will not go into the "cultural rage" certain people experienced then that causes them to keep going on and on about that stupid trial that has more to do with the union of said cokehead and murder victim than anything else. Most especially murder.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:38 PM

8,490 posts, read 15,042,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
As usually it does by the same people.. This thread will be closed soon and this country will never be united for as race goes we have come along way but still have a ways to go.. Sometimes it does hurt a little the way whites dog blacks out as if there stuff dont stink. Im so glad the white friends I have are nothing like this niether are there parents...
As am I. To my friends, neighbors, co-workers and various other associations none of them think or act that way. I don't associate with trash no matter what color it is.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:49 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,848,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
As am I. To my friends, neighbors, co-workers and various other associations none of them think or act that way. I don't associate with trash no matter what color it is.

Exactly we are people regardless of what skin tone. There have been white gangs that have attacked blacks. It happens, its the country we live in. Unless the people change its not going to change.

Prime example .

Alabama police caught on camera beating up black man | Mail Online

Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,466,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
People will try to use stuff like that to make MARTA look unsafe. It's just a fact of urban life and the reality is it could happen anywhere.
It only can can happen where a certain demographic is omnipresent.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Exactly we are people regardless of what skin tone. There have been white gangs that have attacked blacks. It happens, its the country we live in. Unless the people change its not going to change.

Prime example .

Alabama police caught on camera beating up black man | Mail Online
LOL ok. Is this your attempt at moral equivalence?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
LOL ok. Is this your attempt at moral equivalence?
NO. just a small example. didnt wanna show several images of whites lynching blacks

Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,530,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLuv View Post
20 to 25 teens out slightly after midnight? Ages 13 to 18, yes parents need to be held accountable. Man, Parents really need to be more involved with their children.
I'm certain this has been said somewhere before in this thread but I assume that the teens involved lack any sort of structure/stability at home.

'Should'---lots of things should have been different for so many people--including several in my own family.

I can only conclude that this group chose MARTA because it would be 'easy'/easier to find victims than anywhere else. Therefore, it would seem that some effort to make such an attack more difficult would follow.

I can't help but think that someone in law enforcement, social services or education has more detailed fyi on likely suspects---who are likely highly skilled in covert strategies.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'll raise you two bigger scams, and those actually involved the FREEDOMS of a certain type of people. Two Major-league examples of far-right conservative judicial activism.

1. Dred Scott v. Sanford(1857)

2. Plessy v. Ferguson(1896)

All the crap that we as a nation must deal with today can be traced to the decisions of these two cases that I listed. What say you to that, sir?
I guarantee you the kids on the train that did this do not know who Dred Scott is nor do they care. Technically the 14th amendment ratified within 15 years of the decision negated Dred Scott.

I see this type of arguments from defensive blacks but the problem with this narrative is that the actual Blacks who had to live with the current affects of these policies did not randomly assault people.

No they worked, married, and raised their kids to be honorable and respectful in a harsh, hostile environment.

Frankly many of our ancestors would be flabbergasted and a shamed of the behavior of their descendants.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
NO. just a small example. didnt wanna show several images of whites lynching blacks
How many blacks were lynched this year by white and how many blacks were killed in Atlanta last weekend?

Old 04-21-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I guarantee you the kids on the train that did this do not know who Dred Scott is nor do they care. Technically the 14th amendment ratified within 15 years of the decision negated Dred Scott.

I see this type of arguments from defensive blacks but the problem with this narrative is that the actual Blacks who had to live with the current affects of these policies did not randomly assault people.

No they worked, married, and raised their kids to be honorable and respectful in a harsh, hostile environment.

Frankly many of our ancestors would be flabbergasted and a shamed of the behavior of their descendants.

It seems like history is repeating itself just in the other direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta