Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 10:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,645,172 times

Advertisements

I love trying different restaurants in Atlanta. What are some of your favorite foreign/local restaurants in Atlanta or the surrounding burbs? I will start:

Korean
1. Budnamu Korean Restaurant in Duluth, GA(Budnamu Korean Restaurant)

2. Hae Woon Dae BBQ in Doraville, GA (Korean Restaurant near buford hwy - Google Maps)

Chinese
1. Chin Chin in Duluth, GA off of Peachtree Ind. (Small restaurant but great food) (Chin Chin Chinese Restaurant - Peachtree Corners-Berkeley Lake, GA Patch)

2. Mu Lan in Midtown ATL off of Juniper St. (Great food) (Mu Lan Chinese Restaurant - Midtown - Atlanta, GA)

Vietnamese
1. Com Grill Restaurant in Doraville, GA off of Buford HWY. (The best Vietnamese Restaurant I ever had) (Com Restaurant)

2. Lee's Bakery in Doraville, GA off of Buford HWY. (Inexpensive and great food) **right next door to Com Grill** (Lee's Bakery - Atlanta, GA)

Thai
1. Siam Terrace in downtown Decatur (Home Page)

2. Thai Spice in Norcross, GA (Norcross Menu)

Indian
1. Sri Krishna Vilas in Alpharetta, GA (Many Indians eat there)(Sri Krishna Vilas, The Best Style Indian Cuisine in Atlanta)

2. The Viceroy in Dunwoody, GA (The Viceroy Royal Indian Dining - Dunwoody | Urbanspoon)

Persian
1. Rumi's Kitchen in Sandy Springs, GA (Rumi's Kitchen, Persian Food)

2. Persepolis in Sandy Springs, GA (Home)

Soulfood/Southern
1. Big Daddy's Cafe off Cascade Road in ATL (Big Daddy's Cafe)

2. Carver's Grocery off of W. Marietta St. in ATL (Samll "whole in the wall" but great food) (Carver's Grocery - Atlanta, GA)

Jamaican
1. Kool Runnings in Stone Mountain, GA off of Memorial Dr. (Kool Runnings Restaurant)

2. Sunshine Jamaican Restaurant in Stone Mountain, GA off of Memorial Dr. (http://www.sunshinejarest.com/)

BBQ
1. Mustard Seed INC. in SW ATL off of Westmont Rd. (The Best BBQ in Atlanta, IMO!) (Mustard Seed Inc)

2. Daddy D'z off of Memorial Dr. in ATL (Daddy D'z BBQ JOYNT)

Chain Restaurants
1. Pappadeaux (Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen)

2. Fresh To Order (Started in Atlanta, food is GREAT and inexpensive!)(Welcome to Fresh To Order 'fine . food . fast .' - Fresh To Order Restaurants Atlanta, GA / Chattanooga, TN)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 12:20 PM

906 posts, read 1,746,787 times
Vatica, Indian Vegetarian (Gujarati Thali), in South Marietta: Vatica Indian Vegetarian Cuisine - India Gourmet

(Go there especially on Monday or Thursday for lunch, when they do the Puri bread.)

Old 05-20-2011, 12:43 PM

3,711 posts, read 5,990,168 times
Pho Bac on Buford Highway for Vietnamese. Those little sandwiches are off the chain.

Papi's Cuban on Ponce - get the daily special

Cottage Ethiopian on Piedmont is the best I've found here. Bole in College Park is good as well.

I wish I could find some good West African food that's reasonably priced. For some reason all the joints on the southside are outlandish (we're talking like $9 for a bowl of soup or $12 for rice and meat).

Are there any southern African-type restaurants? (Besides 10 degrees south.) Some basic pap (or sadza or nsima depending on the country) and stew would be awesome.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,393,037 times
Gotta second that vote for Papi's!
French - Atmosphere (Piedmont (Midtown))
BBQ - DBA BBQ (VaHi)
Southern - Mary Mac's (Ponce)
Italian - Nino (Cheshire Br.)
Greek - Kyma (Piedmont (Buckhead))
Thai - Nan (17th/Sprint), Tamarind (Colony Sq.)

Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,090,460 times
Chinese: Bo Bo Gardens Bo Bo Garden Asian Cuisine - Restaurant/Cafe - Doraville, Georgia | Facebook

Thai: Little Bangkok Little bangkok thai & chinese cuisine - Home

French/Moroccan: Social Welcome to Social - Intown Dining at it's finest!

BBQ: Fox Brothers BBQ - #1 Rated Atlanta Barbecue

Vietnamese: Chateau de Saigon :: Hours & Location

Sushi: Sushinobo https://sushinobo.com/wp/

Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
One big thumbs down for Lee's Bakery. They should be ashamed of themselves for what they do to those poor Banh Mi. There prices are cheap though, so they are at least not ripping people off.

For quality Banh Mi, go up the street to Quoc Huong in D'ville. I once ate 4 in a row after fasting for a few days (true story), and usually get two on a normal day. From what I've been told, the only place you can get better Banh Mi is in the kitchen of a native Vietnamese mother and in Vietnam.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,004,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
I LOVE Papi's. I was living in Midtown still when they first opened and was there so often I didn't even have to order. Just confirm which of the three dishes I normally ordered that I wanted. Great urban atmosphere too and it is a big step up from the dirty little dry cleaners that used to be there. Glad they are still going strong 6 years later.

Quote:
Cottage Ethiopian on Piedmont is the best I've found here. Bole in College Park is good as well.
I like Cottage Ethiopian too, but I think Enat just around the corner on Chesire Bridge has surpassed them. The place looks like a dump from the outside, but once you are inside it's like you are in someone's house being served food by their mother. Super friendly staff too.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
One big thumbs down for Lee's Bakery. They should be ashamed of themselves for what they do to those poor Banh Mi. There prices are cheap though, so they are at least not ripping people off.

For quality Banh Mi, go up the street to Quoc Huong in D'ville. I once ate 4 in a row after fasting for a few days (true story), and usually get two on a normal day. From what I've been told, the only place you can get better Banh Mi is in the kitchen of a native Vietnamese mother and in Vietnam.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be having Vietnamese food tonight for dinner.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
My favorite Greek/Italian restaraunt is Messinninis in Lilburn off hwy 29.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Pho Bac on Buford Highway for Vietnamese. Those little sandwiches are off the chain.

I wish I could find some good West African food that's reasonably priced. For some reason all the joints on the southside are outlandish (we're talking like $9 for a bowl of soup or $12 for rice and meat).

Are there any southern African-type restaurants? (Besides 10 degrees south.) Some basic pap (or sadza or nsima depending on the country) and stew would be awesome.
Great suggestions for Ethiopian. I have not tried Cottage Ethiopian yet but that is in the plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta