Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times

Advertisements

Well I gotta tell ya...my one true achilles heel is:

A strawberry...cheesecake...brownie!!!!!! Drool!

Great American Cookies

I find myself to be a frequent visitor of the Great American Cookie Company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
I change my mind I want Macademian nut with white chocolate too!!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:15 PM

449 posts, read 1,176,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Well said Boortz.

From his blog:

Wonder how many new listeners I have today | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

"
  • Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to operate.
  • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly 3 times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife. Bear in mind that my comments last week were born of reports of two carjackings by young black males in the Atlanta area in which guns were used.
  • If you start to delve even deeper into the statistics you will see that when you deal with the issue of interracial crime between blacks and whites you will find that blacks are the perpetrators 85% of the time while whites are responsible 15% of the time.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Racist statistics? Come on … give me a break. You have to be a complete lunatic to believe that young black males are far more likely to be engaged in criminal activity because of the color of their skin. This is a cultural problem, not a racial one. The pathetic truth is that this violence is part of urban black culture. This is a culture where women are disparaged, gangsters are idolized, and, believe it or not, mothers of young black males have been reported to have been involved in actually helping their son's decide which gang to join...

I can fully understand why some people would be eager to reject the idea that culture has anything to do with the problem of crime in the black community. After all, it is so much easier to blame it on oppression and racism. If you are a victim of racism, then it’s somebody else's fault and it is up to them to change their attitudes. But if you're a victim of your own culture then it's up to you to participate in addressing the problem and seeking the solutions."
Poverty breeds crime, not race.

I've read the studies where blacks commit a larger % of murders and violent crimes than whites, which may be true, but take a look at the % of impoverished blacks compared to other races in this country.

Take LA County (for example), I'm sure Mexicans have just as high of a crime and murder rate as blacks out there. Wanna know why? It's because Mexicans are also just as impoverished as blacks in LA.

If we look at the rates of child molestation, incest, and drug use (not sales), I'm sure caucasians will have a higher % than blacks.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post

If we look at the rates of child molestation, incest, and drug use (not sales), I'm sure caucasians will have a higher % than blacks.
Oh no. Don't say that. Somebody might call you a reverse racist.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
I think it's time to steer back to the topic of what folks think about Boortz's comments about how to control the problem specifically, his view of Atlanta as it is today, etc. See the first post and related links on that first page for info.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I listen to Boortz now and again when the regular local talk radio host is off. He's interchangeable with Lars Larsen in the third tier conservative talk radio sphere. If one of them wasn't in the picture Ed Schultz would still be a conservative, he's almost up to their level.
He was 100% right. Those urban flash mobs are getting out of hand and having somebody do a Bernard Goetz on them would probably go a long way to stop that idiotic violence and knuckle dragging thuggery. I didn't see anything racist in what he said, the mobs just happen to be mostly black. If white mobs start springing up they need the same treatment.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:45 AM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post

I've read the studies where blacks commit a larger % of murders and violent crimes than whites, which may be true, but take a look at the % of impoverished blacks compared to other races in this country.

Take LA County (for example), I'm sure Mexicans have just as high of a crime and murder rate as blacks out there. Wanna know why? It's because Mexicans are also just as impoverished as blacks in LA.

As a caucasian, I find this post highly offensive.

Apparently, blacks are not responsible for their higher crime rates because they are impoverished. Meanwhile, no such "excuse" is provided for the child molesting, incest committing, drug using whites. One can only surmise, from the poster's comment, its because we are of inferior character.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 AM

906 posts, read 1,746,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post

Apparently, blacks are not responsible for their higher crime rates because they are impoverished. Meanwhile, no such "excuse" is provided for the child molesting, incest committing, drug using whites. One can only surmise, from the poster's comment, its because we are of inferior character.
One could also surmise that the poster might have been suggesting that the source of crime is not related to race in any sort of causal way whatsoever.

The point about poverty and African-American crime was intended to show that race is an incidental factor, whereas there is a clear, logical relationship between low income and increased crime.

The point about crimes that white people are more likely to commit (serial murder, child molestation, etc.) further demonstrated that there's no clear causal link between the race and the crime committed. It might be other social factors (possibly even beyond the socio-economic), or it could in fact be coincidental.

At least that's how I read it.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:41 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
My word, this forum is starting to read like Stormfront!

Old 06-22-2011, 10:35 AM

714 posts, read 813,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-SawDude View Post
One could also surmise that the poster might have been suggesting that the source of crime is not related to race in any sort of causal way whatsoever.

The point about poverty and African-American crime was intended to show that race is an incidental factor, whereas there is a clear, logical relationship between low income and increased crime.

The point about crimes that white people are more likely to commit (serial murder, child molestation, etc.) further demonstrated that there's no clear causal link between the race and the crime committed. It might be other social factors (possibly even beyond the socio-economic), or it could in fact be coincidental.

At least that's how I read it.
Mmmmmmm. Do you have some facts or statistics to back up your assertion that whites are more likely to child molest?

Easy way to resolve the larger issue. Determine the number of impoverished/poor whites. Then apply the overall white crime numbers to that subset and calculate a percentage crime rate. Compare that to the black crime rate, subtracing out their non-impoverished, and you basically have an apples to apples comparison.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Box

382 posts, read 661,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers84 View Post

And that was right on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta