Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

I am quite sure your friend was referring to Lenox and Phipps Malls. Those are the two malls that most non-locals seem to visit. They are both very nice with Phipps being the more upscale of the two; however, both are pretty darn upscale. They are both located on Peachtree Street in the Buckhead community. They are within easy walking distance of each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2011, 08:47 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Galleria is big but it is not "nice" by Atlanta standards. Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza in Buckhead make the Galleria look like a Walmart.Thus, I'm pretty sure the mall your friends are referring to is THE MALL OF GEORGIA which is actually 35 miles NE of the city in Buford (North Gwinnett County). It is roughly about the same size as the Galleria -- 5 anchor department stores -- but MUCH MUCH nicer IMO. The Galleria is really showing its age, sadly. And that area of Hoover just isn't as nice as it used to be.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:38 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria13 View Post
I heard there's a mall in ATL that's better than the Galleria in Birmingham. Any details? I'm not sure what it's called but it's supposed to be pretty big and nice. My friends just call it the Atlanta mall. Idk. Someone help me out.
The Lenox Square/Phipps Plaza complex is in the city proper near the intersection of Peachtree Road and GA 400. Perimeter Mall is north of the city near the intersection of I-285 and GA 400, in the suburb of Dunwoody. Both of them are upscale enough to have both a Nordstrom and a Bloomingdale's. In fact, GA 400 is the highway for Atlanta's nouveau riche, so I'm glad the suckers gotta pay a toll to drive it every day!

I'll warn you, though: never go to the mall when Yung Joc is there, because when he's there, that means it's goin' down!

Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,764 times
I think the Galleria has been more or less replaced by The Summit, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I would think your friends are probably talking about Lenox. Great to visit, but unless you've got deep pockets shopping isn't an option. If you're shopping for just you Perimeter is great. Shopping for kids and family is better at Northpoint.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:27 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,439,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I believe they were talking about Greenbriar Mall. Or maybe the West End mall.
LOL! You trying to get her shot?

No but seriously, it's not that bad really. The last time I shopped at Greenbriar there were loads of popular brand name items at almost flea market prices (whose to say if the brands were counterfeits or not). Kind of like the mall in Jamaica Queens or Canal street in New York. West End Mall is just way too small. They used to have really popular record stores with artist showing up signing new releases and everything but record stores every where are going the way of the dodo bird now.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:47 PM

567 posts, read 890,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNY View Post
There are malls in Alabama?
My thoughts exactly lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta