Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 08:48 PM

719 posts, read 1,333,680 times

Advertisements

Ok,.... So I've had a little part-time job at Lenox for about 2 years now. Before working there I frequented the mall maybe once a month but shopped online more or went to Perimeter as I live in Sandy Springs. Anyway,
from working at Lenox, I have to say the weekend crowds are R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S, and I just have to make a post....

What I mean by that, people come to the mall looking a HOT mess. Now, I can't control that, and some of the people coming in looking a MESS I'm sure are shopping. BUT for the most part, the crowd is getting more and more immature and rambunctious. It is a mess ya'll as I'm there on weekends for hours a day and see the change from morning to evening.

Things I've seen besides groups of people (10 deep) walking in groups looking a mess include people literally screaming at the top of their lungs in the mall and in the strores, fighting in the stores and in the mall; (predominately younger kids maybe no more than 20), straight up snatch and grabbing. I mean the list goes on. And this is EVERY weekend. I've seen car break-ins. It's jut crazy what I've seen.

When I think of Lenox, I think of tourism mall, clean mall, high end shopping where one can get in and get out. BUT most of the crowd seems to loiter and do nothing. I think this is becoming an issue at the mall. Sales are still up as Lenox mall beat Galleria Mall and Aventura mall per sq foot in 2015 and 2016, BUT the mall needs to be cleaned up man. It's just getting crazy. Think of this? It's a shame that Neimans and Bloomies have to have standing security at every designer section because of the huge crowds that intentionally distract employees to snatch and grab. Sensors mean nothing now.... I've seen MCM bags, Tumi luggage, and numerous underwear items just snatched...

What have some others experienced? And last, what do you think will happen with Phipps? The mall seems to struggling to find its niche and is placing things IMO are not worthy of being in Phipps (Lego Land, Belk). Last, a lot of the retail is duplicated. For example many brands located in Lenox, are not found in Phipps, and vise versa. BUT many brands in the department stores and at Phipps are now found at Shoppes at Buckhead (Theory, Canali, BOSS, TF)?!?...

Opinions?

Last edited by coolieandre; 08-30-2017 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 09:37 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,242,434 times
I've avoided Lenox on a weekend for a long time. Just too full of people stuntin and I really don't have any interest in being around that idiocy

Old 08-30-2017, 09:44 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,903,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolieandre View Post
Ok,.... So I've had a little part-time job at Lenox for about 2 years now. Before working there I frequented the mall maybe once a month but shopped online more or went to Perimeter as I live in Sandy Springs. Anyway,
from working at Lenox, I have to say the weekend crowds are R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S, and I just have to make a post....

What I mean by that, people come to the mall looking a HOT mess. Now, I can't control that, and some of the people coming in looking a MESS I'm sure are shopping. BUT for the most part, the crowd is getting more and more immature and rambunctious. It is a mess ya'll as I'm there on weekends for hours a day and see the change from morning to evening.

Things I've seen besides groups of people (10 deep) walking in groups looking a mess include people literally screaming at the top of their lungs in the mall and in the strores, fighting in the stores and in the mall; (predominately younger kids maybe no more than 20), straight up snatch and grabbing. I mean the list goes on. And this is EVERY weekend. I've seen car break-ins. It's jut crazy what I've seen.

When I think of Lenox, I think of tourism mall, clean mall, high end shopping where one can get in and get out. BUT most of the crowd seems to loiter and do nothing. I think this is becoming an issue at the mall. Sales are still up as Lenox mall beat Galleria Mall and Aventura mall per sq foot in 2015 and 2016, BUT the mall needs to be cleaned up man. It's just getting crazy. Think of this? It's a shame that Neimans and Bloomies have to have standing security at every designer section because of the huge crowds that intentionally distract employees to snatch and grab. Sensors mean nothing now.... I've seen MCM bags, Tumi luggage, and numerous underwear items just snatched...

What have some others experienced? And last, what do you think will happen with Phipps? The mall seems to struggling to find its niche and is placing things IMO are not worthy of being in Phipps (Lego Land, Belk). Last, a lot of the retail is duplicated. For example many brands located in Lenox, are not found in Phipps, and vise versa. BUT many brands in the department stores and at Phipps are now found at Shoppes at Buckhead (Theory, Canali, BOSS, TF)?!?...

Opinions?
I've felt that way since I moved to Atlanta 8 or 9 years ago. It amazes me that it does so well in sales per square foot.

Phipps just doesn't have the foot traffic.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:47 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,742 times
Yes, I try to stay away from Lenox Mall period but especially on weekends.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 AM

614 posts, read 1,102,647 times
I've been here for over 4 years and haven't been to either. The Mall of Georgia has always been my go to mall.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:04 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,775,677 times
My understanding is that Belk is leaving Phipps and the property will be converted to a Diamond Level Lifetime Fitness

Old 08-31-2017, 07:11 AM

2,307 posts, read 2,997,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilove View Post
My understanding is that Belk is leaving Phipps and the property will be converted to a Diamond Level Lifetime Fitness
No way! That confirms what I was about to say--as much as I hate Legoland, I understand why the mall would have it--it is experiential and brings people in as brick and mortar retail struggles. Lifetime will be huge for Phipps. The next closest one to Buckhead is the one out Roswell Rd. and this one will be very convenient for a lot of people--including all those working nearby. Wow!

I will miss the Belk women's shoes department. . .

The OP is correct that Lenox is out of control on weekends. I still go there but try to hit it 10:00-2:00 on weekdays.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:40 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,102,441 times
Lenox kinda goes thru cycles I think, in the late 90s it very much was the hang out on the weekends for local kids. That was my first experience going out socially, head uptown with some guys from my neighborhood back around like 13-15 y/o. Then they remolded it and I think that calmed down a little, as going to Lenox wasn't considered to be cool anymore, or maybe it was just among folks I knew. Question though, cuz I was the under the impression that Lenox was the hang out for gay dudes on the wknds, least that's how it's seemed to me the last 5-7 years, is that the crowd the OP is referring to? I will say that has turned me off from Lenox on the weekends, it's not like they doing illegal stuff as much as just being extra, but it is to the point where I would rather go to Lenox during the week. I'm pretty sure that's when they make most of their money anyway, walk thru Lenox at 11 AM on a Tuesday and you see people spending money, a lot of it. Just look at the women walking around and you can kinda tell that's when all the real money comes to play. The Louis Vuitton store there is one the highest grossing LV stores in the world, and most of their stuff is sold when most folks are at work or school

Old 08-31-2017, 09:30 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
Quote:
Question though, cuz I was the under the impression that Lenox was the hang out for gay dudes on the wknds, least that's how it's seemed to me the last 5-7 years, is that the crowd the OP is referring to? I will say that has turned me off from Lenox on the weekends,
Are you sure Atlanta is the right place for you?

Old 08-31-2017, 10:31 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,697,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
I've avoided Lenox on a weekend for a long time. Just too full of people stuntin and I really don't have any interest in being around that idiocy
I go every now and then when I visit.

I don't mind the crowds much, even when people up in there actin' a fool. It's just nice to see the variety of peeps, you know?

A girl I work with did a weekend trip with some of her coworkers to hit up the Buckhead scene, and she came back pleasantly surprised at the mix of groups you get in Lenox. Said she loved the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta