Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 AM

864 posts, read 1,123,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
Just what we need in Atlanta, more dubstep and hip hop! LOL.

I would say you make friends here the same way you make them anywhere else. And finding a cool music scene would be a great way to do that.

I was just joking making fun of QuadATL's post, I think it actually sounds like a great event where people come for the music instead of just to see and be seen as is the case at most of ATL's night clubs. I would, though, like to see less dubstep and more trance, nrg, and electro house.....but that's personal preference only.

I would say to open your mind to gay people, though, just for this one reason. There are a TON of gay, or at least DL bi black guys in Atlanta who for all intents and purposes look and act entirely straight. Just be ready to one day find out that the ultra cool black dude you met who goes womanizing with you on Saturday nights has been hooking up with dudes on Friday nights and you never knew it. Trust me, it'll happen. So don't panic!!!!
I love dubstep but,there is plenty of trance/house/progressive/electro here. Just add club Opera and ATL nightlife on facebook. Check out MJQ and F*ck Yessss at the masquerade for electro house with Le Castle Vania, add vertigo entertainment and cyber raver on Facebook, etc etc. I get plenty of invites and see plenty of events with different dance genres. You gotta know/add the right venues/promoters/dj and pages on facebook or real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 11:46 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Wandered into this thread late, and not meaning to sound trite, smile and say hello. This is a very friendly place.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:17 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,567,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonti View Post
So because I feel most comfortable hanging around my own group (straight black males) this makes me homophobic meaning afraid of gays? If I was afraid of gay people I wouldn't come near Atlanta. Come on. As far as the not wanting to hang around white folks comment. Well again, there is a reason black people like coming to Atlanta in general. Because they like to socialize and be around primarily other black people, hence the majority of ATLiens are black. This is common sense. But to be straight up and blatant I don't have a problem with white people. It's just that I've found the cultural differences between blacks and whites in America makes things awkward when engaging in interracial friendships.
Atlanta IS a gay ass city, but most of them gay guys stay to themselves and to their own. They can tell who is gay and who aint. I got two cats at the gig that are from Winston Salem like you man, cool ass dudes too. They seemed well adapted, but being that they are not born and raised in the A we often make the same jokes about how these people put on so much. What I would suggest man is just get a job man. Get some bread coming in and then friends will come. Oh & women will be no problem.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
I dont understand why men worry about gay men when Atlanta has all these beautiful women.
The women weren't addressed in this post because I can get women wherever I go. Not to brag or be boastful but it is what it is. I'm worried about having friends, at least I was.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM

538 posts, read 926,064 times
I would suggest heading down to Metropolitan Parkway...formerly known as Stewart Avenue....lots of friends and companions to be had there....don't forget to bring your wallet with a good bit of cash.....

Old 10-30-2011, 07:10 PM

22 posts, read 41,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMonti View Post
I'm a black male, 24, straight, etc. And I'm used to having a lot of friends here in NC. How would I go about making friends with other black males that are straight. (I feel I need to emphasize this because of the large gay black male population) People to go to sporting events, clubs, hanging out, etc. Nothing against the gays but I just feel more comfortable socializing with the straights. I plan on moving to Norcross, or Dunwoody, or Sandy Springs and any other place out in Gwinnett County.
Meetup.com is great way to meet people. I'm 25 years old and I've lived in Georgia all my life but recently relocated to the Atlanta area and Meetup is how met some people. There is a group for Young, Black Professionals that I will send you the link to. They tend to be pretty active and I believe the next meetup is to go bowling. I will send you the link once I find it.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,021,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjones86 View Post
Meetup.com is great way to meet people. I'm 25 years old and I've lived in Georgia all my life but recently relocated to the Atlanta area and Meetup is how met some people. There is a group for Young, Black Professionals that I will send you the link to. They tend to be pretty active and I believe the next meetup is to go bowling. I will send you the link once I find it.
Send that link to me if u can...thanks!

Old 10-31-2011, 03:44 PM

110 posts, read 246,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msjones86 View Post
Hi iMonti! I'm a 25 black female who just relocated to the Atlanta area. I loved about 2 hours south. I've been here for about a month and all I can tell you is just get out and explore the area. In the few weeks I've been here I've met some great people. I love to shop so I stay at various malls and each time I meet someone new. I personally don't mind spending time alone so often times I'm out shopping and exploring the city on my own. I find that's when I meet some really great people. So just get out and explore the town when you have the opportunity.
In ATL for about a month? Spends a considerable amount of time out? iMonti, if you haven't already, ask her to show you around. Thank me later.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:05 PM

5 posts, read 14,231 times
atlanta got the sexiest girls i EVER seen,but it does have alot of gayz in here though but just focus on dem girlz naw mean,.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 PM

22 posts, read 41,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
Send that link to me if u can...thanks!
Here you go Tony: BLACK PROFESSIONALS UNDER-30 (Marietta, GA) - Meetup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta