Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 04:03 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,171,437 times

Advertisements

Laws and courts can't (or shouldn't) prosecute morals. They can ony prosecute crimes.
Problem is that morals, decency, and self respect has sunk into the gutter in some cases.
When I see the ones wearing the top of their pants down by the knees and walking like they are going to a gang fight I actualy feel sorry for them and the low opinion they have of themselves. And for some reason want to show the world they have no self esteem and are proud of it. And they are admitting to the fact they will always be followers instead of leaders.
Even dead fish can float down stream. It takes some back bone to fight the current and go upstream. The low riders are showing the world where their back bone is. Dragging the ground and pretty much useless.
I have 6 kids. If any one of them should show up at my house with their pants below their hips I would tell them to leave and not bother coming around again untill they decided to dress respectable and show some self worth. Untill then they wouldn't even be allowed on the property.
Thank goodness they are all raised and were taught to look, act, and dress like they might amount to something.
It must have worked. Because they all do.
One did get kicked out when he was 18 and didn't think the house rules applied to him. But he realized it happened to make him responsible.
Today he is a Bio hazard equipment tech at a local hospital. He wouldn't be if I hadn't shown some tough love and made him realize there is more to life than being a punk and following the crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 07:38 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,849,518 times
anyone who can devote so much concern into wondering why kids wear their pants low obviously doesn't have enough problems of their own

do i sag? no. not since my much younger days. but i honestly believe this is just another way to pick on the younger generation

and i can't stop laughing at those people who think that sagging=low self esteem. prejudge much?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:32 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYnowNC View Post
Yes, sagging pants was more so part of the 90's with the group TLC. I remember having a pair, but I didn't have to buy them 3 or 4 sizes larger.

Unfortunately, parents aren't around like they used to be, especially in the hood. Well to speak from experience growing up in hood, many of the mother's were either on drugs, working long hours, or looking for a man. To find a home with a live-in father was slim. So, I understand where the Atlanta local government is having to step in and make a parental decision. Now, for grown azz men, they should be given a ticket starting today!
yea that makes sense. I see what you mean.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:31 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
Sagging pants....This topic

First of all sagging pants was brought into the light when kids who mothers were too poor to buy proper sized pants for their sons let alone belts. When the kids would walk around of course their pants was sagging. But now kids try to emulate that and think its cool. Long story short: It came from poverty and got exploited by the media(rappers and other urban media). It also came from prisons but when you locked up they don't give you belts or ropes(due to the fear of the prisoner hanging themselves), so they had to sag or keep their pants above their waist, but now most jails and prisons give the prisoners jumpsuits...

I'm not going to say too much more I'll just shine light on the truth

Old 04-17-2010, 12:04 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,745 times
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I know each generation has their own identity but I have the right not to see all your boxers. Sometimes I think this generation is confused. How do you sag your pants and then put a belt (neatness) around your pants mid-thigh. Again. A confused generation.
When I was growing up big pants were in style. No doubt influenced by oversized prison wear for people but now I feel like the fashion of today is too "sexy" for a man. I mean why are your pants tighter than me. Are you trying to show me your curves or are you hinting about your "availability"?

Anyhow, the look is confused sloppyness if there is such a thing.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April33 View Post
It's funny, just yesterday I saw a kid that has suspenders attached to the waistline of his pants and his boxers so he could wear his pants baggy without them falling down.

I usually don't care about what someone wears, but young guys are now wearing their pants so low I can their ass. It worries me that a guy could flash a woman and could easily call it an accident due to his fashion sense when he's really just a sicko. In that sense I would support a ban on baggy pants.
Its even worse when they are sweating and you have to see their butt crack sweat line.....Just pull your pants up.

Old 04-17-2010, 08:54 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,105,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
anyone who can devote so much concern into wondering why kids wear their pants low obviously doesn't have enough problems of their own

do i sag? no. not since my much younger days. but i honestly believe this is just another way to pick on the younger generation

and i can't stop laughing at those people who think that sagging=low self esteem. prejudge much?
I did it too way back in day anyways, it's just how some kids dress in their leisure. I look at it no different from the kids that wear wholes in their pants, maybe die their hair green or what ever. The kids who usually sag their pants wear gym shorts underneath, as well as long T shirts so it not likely you can even see their underwear, so the exaggeration of seeing underwear on these boards is funny. I mean it makes sense to fined people who show their underwear I would be for that, but sagging?

Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
I was in the airport the other day and saw a young man, (too old to be called a kid anylonger) wearing baggies, but to the extent the waistband was below his thighs. His entire derriere was exposed, not just the top half or crack line. I thought to myself, this is baggy extreme....wonder if he really realizes how dumb he looks holding his pants instead of wearing them?

I think it is one thing to "make a fashion statement" by wearing pants 4 sizes too big and adjusting them so that they ride very low, but it is not quite intelligent to try to wear something that takes both hands to keep on your body. I guess that is a statement too perhaps.
I think it is a middle finger to the business class, educated & strivers. They have an anti accomplishment attitude. Like the kids who made fun of you for being on A B honor roll in school.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:47 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I think it is a middle finger to the business class, educated & strivers. They have an anti accomplishment attitude. Like the kids who made fun of you for being on A B honor roll in school.
Let them act that way.

The end result of those who made fun of the honor roll student, while they sat and did nothing is usually the same. (We know what that is)

Old 04-17-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Although I sympathise with Councilman Martin, passing an ordinance banning the sag is pretty illogical. All it takes is for parents to step forward and go upside their kids heads for excercising such bad judgement in fashion. It also takes peer pressure, like laughing at and ridiculing anyone you see with a sag. I know if I see one of my younger cousins sporting a sag, he'll get nothing from jokes at his expense coming from me!

Come on people, instead of hiding we need to come forward and point out how stupid kids look when they sag their jeans. Do a huge service for the community and point and laugh at the next kid you see sporting a sag!
ThAT does not sound safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta