Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 03:06 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times

Advertisements

Boy, 13, doused in gasoline and set alight in racially-motivated attack in Kansas City | Mail Online

Where is the hate crime outrage and search party here? No politcal parties getting involved. Rev Al isn't speaking out. No Presidential condemnation. Oh wait...

Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp01358 View Post
You must be joking. I don't believe you mean that for a second.
No joke, I totally mean it. Treyvon should not have been there. Am I the only one who heard the recordings?? Zimmerman asked "what are YOU doing here?" Young & dumb Treyvon is & its too bad, because he should be alive, I think he had a dad so there was a lot of potential there. Again it sucks he was killed people, but the law is the law in Florida, zimmerman was out with a gun, why was he out with a gun? The gun must have been legal. The cops let him go home & about his business. Its just some things BLACKS are not allowed to do, If you feel other wise I feel bad for you. Thats life & life is real this aint no civil rights fantasy.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:13 PM

9 posts, read 9,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Boy, 13, doused in gasoline and set alight in racially-motivated attack in Kansas City | Mail Online

Where is the hate crime outrage and search party here? No politcal parties getting involved. Rev Al isn't speaking out. No Presidential condemnation. Oh wait...
First, nice attempt at deflection. Secondly, from the New York Daily News article, the victim doesn't know the identities of these attackers, and police ARE considering it a hate crime. I'm not sure how you can conflate these stories at all.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:16 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Here's the police chief's take on the "dispatcher's order":

" the telecommunications call taker asked Zimmerman, “Are you following him?” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.” The call taker stated, “You don’t need to do that.”
The call taker’s suggestion is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmerman would be required to follow. Zimmerman’s statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer, when he says he was attacked by Trayvon."

An unarmed teenager who has you on the ground and is beating you is certainly a threat.....which makes the case not so "clear-cut"...
The unarmed teenager was defending himself against a grown man who was aggressively stalking him. We know that he was being stalked according to the account of his girlfriend.

And yes, it is a clear cut case. You don't pull out a gun in a fist fight, especially when you started it.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:19 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
No joke, I totally mean it. Treyvon should not have been there. Am I the only one who heard the recordings?? Zimmerman asked "what are YOU doing here?" Young & dumb Treyvon is & its too bad, because he should be alive, I think he had a dad so there was a lot of potential there. Again it sucks he was killed people, but the law is the law in Florida, zimmerman was out with a gun, why was he out with a gun? The gun must have been legal. The cops let him go home & about his business. Its just some things BLACKS are not allowed to do, If you feel other wise I feel bad for you. Thats life & life is real this aint no civil rights fantasy.
Naw, we can only feel sorry for a black man who has no understanding of his rights in America...

Old 03-23-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp01358 View Post
I do think the incident deserves a thorough investigation. Never said it didn't. I want the truth to come out. I'm just not jumping to conclusions like so many people are.

Apparently the police officers didn't think that there was probable cause to arrest at the time. And again, THE EVIDENCE WILL BE SUBMITTED TO A GRAND JURY. Jesus, it's not that hard to understand. If Zimmerman was not justified, or possibly even if he was, he'll have his day in court. Calm down.
If you think this needs to be investigated, then you're on the side of the protestors. The protests are about the fact that Zimmerman wasn't taken into custody and wasn't going to be investigated further.

Jesus, it's not that hard to understand.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
You are also allowed to die when someone is ready to kill you Superman. Street Smarts.....wink
Wow. Those chains you wear must be really heavy...

Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
I'm black and follow the law. If you want to live the rest of your life with your head tucked between your legs because you're scared of what others think, or if you want to keep such a low opinion of yourself as a black man, then be my guest. But I'll be damned if I allow myself to be encumbered by the prejudices of others.
I like how you talk so tough here on the internet. Its cute. Ive made it this far without your coaching. My opinion is know your place & know your surrounding. You are nobody til somebody kills you. Ask Treyvon.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds View Post
Note that the seventeen year old 6'3 Traymon was on top of the 5'4 Zimmerman beating him.....a little different picture than the media is trying to portray with pictures of a 12 year old Traymon and stories of him going to the store to buy "skittles"......
Where does this info about Trayvon being 6'3 and Zimmerman being 5'4 come from? The reports show that Trayvon was kind of a skinny little kid and frankly he looks more like 13 than 17. Moreover, they say Zimmerman had at least 100 lbs on him.

Last edited by arjay57; 03-23-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 03-23-2012, 03:24 PM

2,406 posts, read 3,351,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican Jasta View Post
First, nice attempt at deflection. Secondly, from the New York Daily News article, the victim doesn't know the identities of these attackers, and police ARE considering it a hate crime. I'm not sure how you can conflate these stories at all.
Reverend Al didn't fly in and help search? He didn't use this as an example of racism in America? Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta