Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:38 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Really? Apparently its been a while since you've been out around young single women.
Yeah these days women can be pretty aggressive...

All sizes | The Fun Girls from the Andy Griffith Show | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-26-2012 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM

23,455 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It hasn't been as long as you might think. Friday?

I certainly realize there are many exceptions. However, I still think that the social expectations for men are still very different from the social expectations for women ... in general ... even if women can sometimes be (and sometimes are) a lot more aggressive today than they were 30 years ago. I love that last part, I admit, but it's not like women couldn't be aggressive when I was in college, either.

I still know a number of women in their 20's and 30's who make it a game of sorts to go out as a group and see how men react to them in public. Guys generally don't act that way. Groups of women can be ... confusing.
Aren't they, though? Which it just how they like it. I have daughters aged 33,.29 and 24. They have always been pretty frank with me regarding the mating game. One thing I understand quite well is that things have changed exponentially since my day. Women are much more assertive in going after a man. My mother, God rest her soul, would be rolling in her grave.
May we live in interesting times, as the Chinese say.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,856,876 times
Quote:
These dating threads about Atlanta are always amusing. The boys come in and hash it out, the girls just sit back, read and laugh.
And this married man. Indeed, this is hilarious!

Old 08-27-2012, 12:15 AM

217 posts, read 408,953 times
Quote:
These dating threads about Atlanta are always amusing. The boys come in and hash it out, the girls just sit back, read and laugh.
I find it's more like, sit back, read and:

1. Get really depressed
2. Try to remember that this can't possibly be a representative sample of the men in Atlanta
3. Decide (again) to never read another one of these "dating" threads

Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 AM

6,541 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simensays View Post
if you know how to play their game it's pretty much easy.

Depends what kind of guy you are. If you want the girls in heels and wearing a dress, you have to wear dress pants, button down, and go to places like Barcelona in Inman Park, or Buckhead. Getting those girls takes some sort of balls. You simply have to approach and then that's pretty much it. They are usually in groups so you'll have to infiltrate. Personally those aren't my type but when you master that you master the south.

Also unlike NY, Atlanta starts very early. If I want one of those types I'm out of my house by 7, pulling into the restaurant 30 minutes later, sitting at the bar with a little finger food until 8, chatting and locking them up by 9, calling it a night by 10. I've learned that if you get there after 11 everyone is already "locked up."

The above is actually for the older crowd, 27-45 year old crowd. I could write more steps for other age groups and attire but i'm bored and it's almost 10:30 on a Saturday. I have to go i'm starting late.
That's exactly my type. They are more challenging to get, but that makes the chase more fun.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:47 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,884,866 times
Why don't women participate in these threads?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,033,210 times
Many attractive women still expect to be approached. Call it social custom/entitlement/whatever, but if you are joe-average then you will need to get used to doing the approaching if you want to get dates/phone numbers/etc.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,564,881 times
Deep breath........
Hard sigh.......

Can you tell us how bad the women are in Miami? What issues do they have there?

Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Wow, lots of generalizations about "Atlanta women"!

stevenboyce...the women in Atlanta are just like they are in any other major metro. Show up with a good, friendly attitude and you will be successful.
I have not read this entire thread, but this post IS a bold face lie. Sorry don't mean to attack or be harsh, but to the ATL female is not a rare huma. Is very dishonest. Ill continue reading now.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Yep....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta