Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 07:26 AM

33 posts, read 21,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNashville View Post
This usually what other guys are looking for first?? Just curious. I usually go for the honest, fun, girly types.
I mentioned that because of some of the posts here suggesting that women in Atlanta are gold diggers and looking for a come-up. There are many women here who are successful in their own right, and looking for a partner, not a sponsor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2016, 07:30 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augatl View Post
I mentioned that because of some of the posts here suggesting that women in Atlanta are gold diggers and looking for a come-up. There are many women here who are successful in their own right, and looking for a partner, not a sponsor.
I agree with this. It was my experience when I lived there and God willing, I'll move back this year. I had a lot of good experiences in Atlanta. Of course, its also home for me.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:00 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Atlanta has both in abundance. Lot of single women here on their grind who are just looking for a partner. There is also a lot of single women here who just want you to get her and her friends a section with some bottle service on the weekends. Atlanta has gotten a reputation for the latter in the last decade or so and I do think that it's overblown, but it is somewhat deserved. For a city in the south and for a city it's size, Atlanta has some females that can run with the best sack chasers in NYC and LA. But there are a lot of women here are very successful on their own and they want nothing to do with that whole RHOA type scene here. As a man you just have to be on your game and take women on a case by case basis. At the end of the day women from both sides of the fence are very goal driven and are not on no slacking BS at all. They just go about it in different ways.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:14 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
From experience....cant complain
People from up north have been coming to the A literally since it was founded. People like you have been running around down here for a long time. And even more so since probably the early 70s on. The women here don't care where you're from. You are not the first dude from out of town she's run across. If she's attractive, flying to NYC herself to see her "friend" might be a boring wknd compared to when she goes to overseas or to Super Bowl wknd. Good luck going into a spot with wall to wall attractive women like Whiskey Blue in the W with that "I'm from NYC" game. Lol

Old 12-21-2016, 12:58 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Thats a respectable goal looking for a "partner" but often BW make a lot more money than BM. Often they will desired a BM who makes more money than them. Thats where the complexity comes in. Many men resent being judged by that lack of income.

Old 12-21-2016, 01:34 PM

33 posts, read 21,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Thats a respectable goal looking for a "partner" but often BW make a lot more money than BM. Often they will desired a BM who makes more money than them. Thats where the complexity comes in. Many men resent being judged by that lack of income.
That's not the BW fault though. Black men are more than welcome to start bringing more to the table if they feel lesser than. Instead of making excuses and being resentful, make the proper moves to get in a better financial position. The crazy thing is when some black men do make a great living, they want nothing to do with black women but the non-black women they're with wouldn't be with them if they were broke lol. There is nothing wrong with wanting someone who is in a similar financial situation, actually that's the smart thing to do. For some reason black women are expected to give all sorts of passes, when that's not the expectation for white women. Many white women "marry up" and no one bats an eyelash, but black women are supposed to lower their standards. Nope.

Old 12-22-2016, 11:22 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I've seen some of the opposite. While it's understandable for men to resent being judged based on their income, I'm seeing something else. Low life men being able to get women who do make some money. I notice lack of "swag" is a big factor. If you make decent money and don't have "swag", the guy with no job, or a lowlifer, will be more likely to get a woman than those without "swag". I speak from personal experience.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:02 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've seen some of the opposite. While it's understandable for men to resent being judged based on their income, I'm seeing something else. Low life men being able to get women who do make some money. I notice lack of "swag" is a big factor. If you make decent money and don't have "swag", the guy with no job, or a lowlifer, will be more likely to get a woman than those without "swag". I speak from personal experience.
Well, as a woman who also has plenty of experience in this arena, I'll weigh in with my two cents. Any woman with a double digit IQ can smell 'swag' like it's a pile of dog**** and will usually use a get-together with the girlfriends as an opportunity to laugh at them and call them out for the losers that they are. Any woman that wants to squander her emotional support on that kind of man is an idiot.
Like the esteemed author Rita Mae Brown once said (to paraphrase), any woman than turns her financial independence over to another human being keeps counsel with fools.

Old 12-22-2016, 07:17 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
I met the most incredebile woman here. Atlanta has a fine dating scene and it is likely the men who are the shmucks.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:22 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I met the most incredebile woman here. Atlanta has a fine dating scene and it is likely the men who are the shmucks.
Most men I know should have been drowned at birth. You, of course, are an exception, Querido.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta