Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:20 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,537,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Oh, I agree with your SECOND POST, but it was the one where you were saying that 70% of black women are unwed and have nothing better to do.

I wasn't offended or angry in my post to you, but it is true that people do watch these shows to feel better about their boring lives.

These shows really are scripted. I had an idea for what I considered to be an entertaining reality show (not a high amount of ratchet LOL) and was shocked to find out that I needed to have real episodes with a "storyline" of sorts.

I was upset, because this is basically a slap in the face to the Writer's Guild by gypping them out of their percentage of the money and giving it to the "producers" who are egging these people on to create drama.

But since I've never actually been on a set before, I will go on to say that many of the fight scenes are probably coming from the "heart", but probably started by a "producer" to get the ball rolling.

I also want to see a reality show about Jaquana and her five baby daddies too.

Did you know that Honey Boo Boo's mother June got all her kids from different men? Yep. All of her daughters fathers are from white versions of Jaquana's baby daddies. All of them have been locked up too, including Honey Boo Boo's pops and June's been arrested for stuff too.

Just thought I'd put that out there for those still putting whites on this imaginary pedestal.
I have to honestly say I have no clue who Honey Boo is I've never heard of it & the women at my job don't discuss that show. I have to assume its not a show for black woman as the others are. I hear about the other shows from listening to local radio, women at work & AJC, if not for that Id have no clue they exist. I view the black women at my job as professionals or our company would not employe them. Don't take what I said about women being single as a diss, its just a fact of life in Atlanta, case in point Shawty Lo. Are any of his baby mamas in commited relationships with other men & if so are they normal healthy black men? This show will put many of them out of reach to normal black men in the Atlantta dating pool. The fact that they have a child with a local rap star who has multiple children with 9 other women automactically lowers their value, so I think its best they use this show as a means to find a mate, a job, a something. I say keep supporting them Marilyn.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM

47 posts, read 55,273 times
You know...normally I don't get in on such " race baiting " threads ...threads, but enough is enough. How come when it comes to Atlanta ...anything we do or don' t do has a negative connotation on the city as a whole. I just literally cannot rap ...no pun intended ...my hands around why most of you think it makes the city look BAD. How come shows like Love and Hip Hop NY never detracted from the reputation of NY..or...Jersey Shores new put any stereotypical summations on NJ. In the immortal words of one Joan Rivers ..." can we talk"? Well...being that Atlanta is a so call Black Mecca...this was to be expected. No matter what you feel or think about the show...America has a serious issue with anything BLACK!!! As success as Atlanta has been ...whether it be in luring new business ...growth of the city..or quality of life...all that pells because it is a majority Black city. If any other city could boast about what Atlanta has accomplished in a relative short amount of time...we'd be singing that cities praises from the top of the Statue of Liberty. Why is it that when Shawty Lo goes around Atlanta and sow his royal oats with reckless abandonment ..black males from California to Maine are judge by the same stance...but...when Adam Lanza kills defenseless women and children that's an isolated incident ...hmmm...white men never have to worry about being looked at as killers, molesters, or thieves ...but..all black males are the same as the black male arrested for ANYTHING. Wake up black people ...America is just a race drive society ...correction ...the Whole world is a race driven conglomerate when it come to Black people. If you think because you have a college degree [√]…live in a suburban neighborhood. [√]…and drive a luxury automobile ...[√]… none of that is going to erase the fact that your black. I'm a 32 yo medical scientist from Orlando FL...and when not all...but most...white people saw me in my Mercedes 2 seater Kompressor...all they saw was a (n word) in a coupe. I know it may sound harsh ...but that's the so called "American way" or as I have been shown ...African American way. How come no one ever judges Atlanta from the bases of the T.I. and Tiny show...hmmm...I may not agree with they way Shawty Lo is conducting his affairs, but who am I to criticize? You know...there is nothing new under the sun...only difference is the Media's ability to exploit.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM

3,664 posts, read 3,950,454 times
Do rappers and the Black music industry moguls in Atlanta give a lot to charities or have special causes that they support? Does Tyler Perry spearhead any beneficial campaigns to reduce suffering anywhere in the world? I just saw on Hollyscoop that he ordered mink-fur carpet for one of his luxury cars.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,536,799 times
Police looking for clues in rapper

Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthe404 View Post
You know...normally I don't get in on such " race baiting " threads ...threads, but enough is enough. How come when it comes to Atlanta ...anything we do or don' t do has a negative connotation on the city as a whole. I just literally cannot rap ...no pun intended ...my hands around why most of you think it makes the city look BAD. How come shows like Love and Hip Hop NY never detracted from the reputation of NY..or...Jersey Shores new put any stereotypical summations on NJ. In the immortal words of one Joan Rivers ..." can we talk"? Well...being that Atlanta is a so call Black Mecca...this was to be expected. No matter what you feel or think about the show...America has a serious issue with anything BLACK!!! As success as Atlanta has been ...whether it be in luring new business ...growth of the city..or quality of life...all that pells because it is a majority Black city. If any other city could boast about what Atlanta has accomplished in a relative short amount of time...we'd be singing that cities praises from the top of the Statue of Liberty. Why is it that when Shawty Lo goes around Atlanta and sow his royal oats with reckless abandonment ..black males from California to Maine are judge by the same stance...but...when Adam Lanza kills defenseless women and children that's an isolated incident ...hmmm...white men never have to worry about being looked at as killers, molesters, or thieves ...but..all black males are the same as the black male arrested for ANYTHING. Wake up black people ...America is just a race drive society ...correction ...the Whole world is a race driven conglomerate when it come to Black people. If you think because you have a college degree [√]…live in a suburban neighborhood. [√]…and drive a luxury automobile ...[√]… none of that is going to erase the fact that your black. I'm a 32 yo medical scientist from Orlando FL...and when not all...but most...white people saw me in my Mercedes 2 seater Kompressor...all they saw was a (n word) in a coupe. I know it may sound harsh ...but that's the so called "American way" or as I have been shown ...African American way. How come no one ever judges Atlanta from the bases of the T.I. and Tiny show...hmmm...I may not agree with they way Shawty Lo is conducting his affairs, but who am I to criticize? You know...there is nothing new under the sun...only difference is the Media's ability to exploit.
Maybe it has something to do with the "It's because we're/they're black, isn't it?" defense that always gets thrown out when folks point out how ridiculous and harmful this subculture is.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM

37,904 posts, read 42,067,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Do rappers and the Black music industry moguls in Atlanta give a lot to charities or have special causes that they support? Does Tyler Perry spearhead any beneficial campaigns to reduce suffering anywhere in the world? I just saw on Hollyscoop that he ordered mink-fur carpet for one of his luxury cars.
Tyler Perry's Charity Work, Events and Causes

Tyler Perry's Donations to Charity Organizations | Online Giving For Everyone | MicroGiving's Blog

Tyler Perry Teams Up With Charity Ahead of 'Good Deeds' Premiere

Tyler Perry, Paula Deen donate thousands to Atlanta charities | The Buzz

Tyler Perry donates van to woman with cerebral palsy - Salon.com

Tyler Perry gives great grandmother house | 11alive.com

Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM

47 posts, read 55,273 times
@DTL3000...I never used that excuse...I asked why do we all get stereotyped for the actions of some?...I read your article from the AJC...but what does it have to do with the price of rice in China? Although it may have been informative to some...I guess...it's not directly concurrent with my aforesaid topic. Responses and replies are gladly wanted and respected ...but for future references...could you please answer the question that was posed instead of offering up an irrelevant article about a shooting in hip-hop ...smh...Again, I appreciate the lackadaisical attempt to try and use the " we're black think " and all...but to be honest ...one would expect a more qualitative and concise answer from a respected and well seasoned city data senior citizen.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
@DTL3000...I never used that excuse...I asked why do we all get stereotyped for the actions of some?...I read your article from the AJC...but what does it have to do with the price of rice in China? Although it may have been informative to some...I guess...it's not directly concurrent with my aforesaid topic. Responses and replies are gladly wanted and respected ...but for future references...could you please answer the question that was posed instead of offering up an irrelevant article about a shooting in hip-hop ...smh...Again, I appreciate the lackadaisical attempt to try and use the " we're black think " and all...but to be honest ...one would expect a more qualitative and concise answer from a respected and well seasoned city data senior citizen.
What the hell WAS the question? All I saw was a wall of whining.

And yes, what I posted is relevant. A large segment of Atlanta's population celebrates that lifestyle.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:12 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,152,628 times
Quote:
Then simply prove them wrong and stop caring what other people think. I'm black, but I don't give a damn what white, Asians, hispanics, or other blacks think about me. I will simply prove their stereotypes wrong. Complaining won't help.

If every black person did this, then things would change.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:25 PM

23,503 posts, read 44,172,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
What the hell WAS the question? All I saw was a wall of whining.

And yes, what I posted is relevant. A large segment of Atlanta's population celebrates that lifestyle.
WHAT NONSENSE. A large segment of Atlanta gets up and sends their kids to school and goes to work like any other city. To suggest otherwise makes you look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta