Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:22 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Dunwoody and Snellville opened about a month ago.

Peachtree Corners just opened yesterday. If you are going for a visit, I advise you to go early or late in the evening because Snellville location was still packed 2 weeks ago. It was pretty tame last Friday though.
Thanks for the advice! I'll probably try Dunwoody or Peachtree Corners because it's brand new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 08:31 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,520,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrudaluknglass View Post
With these two leading grocers nearly on every corner in GA, please give some of your customer insight on your preference. Please include pros and cons of your overall shopping experience and for those of you that use their pharmacy services, please give your overall experience of the two. Thanks!
ive seen Kroger in ghettos, rarely see Publix there.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:16 AM

719 posts, read 1,332,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
ive seen Kroger in ghettos, rarely see Publix there.

LOL that is so true. But when you see a nice Kroger it by far surpasses every Publix....FL has a lot of ghetto Publix stores...

Last edited by coolieandre; 08-31-2014 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: .

Old 09-23-2014, 02:28 PM

8 posts, read 10,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I have a bias against Publix. We moved here from a city in South Florida that had 5 Publix stores, and nothing else. At first I liked shopping there due to the clean, bright stores, wide aisles and customer service.

When we moved to GA the nearest Publix was just being built, so I used Kroger, and never went back to being a Publix regular. Pharmacy service is good at both. Customer service is good at both. I love the $.10 off gas for every $100 spent at Kroger.

I don't care for the meat at either store, for that we go to Costco. Publix has an edge on produce(slightly better) and the bakery (much better, but I don't buy often anyway), but I prefer Kroger's Private Selection cold cuts over the Publix ones.

For pantry staples, Kroger has much better prices. Publix has the bogo stuff, but it always seems to be processed foods that I won't buy.
I'm in total agreement. I moved from NY to Dallas and started shopping at Kroger. They built a new Super store and it was fabulous. Much better prices than Target, Albertsons, Publix and competitive with Walmart. Great organic section. Depending on the store meats and produce are very good. Clean, clean store with very friendly and helpful store associates. I love their coupons they send me in the mail, with lots of free groceries and their $.10 off gas for every $100 spent at Kroger. Gas prices are also competitive with Murphy Gas which is Walmart's gas filling station. Their super store is also open from 6am to 1am.

I'm now moving to Florida permanently from Texas, and am completely disappointed that I will no longer be able to shop at a Krogers. Publix is expensive and does not have any incentives like their coupons or gas. And Publix is a 9am to 9pm operation and I found myself traveling 15 minutes to the nearest Walmart when I was staying in Florida late one night.

I think Krogers should sell off any stores they have in florida under bogus names like Ralphs or SuperX and just open up under their well known brand name Krogers. They will definitely give Publix a run for their money.

Krogers Fan!

Last edited by nycgirl56; 09-23-2014 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: spelling errors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta