Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2013, 06:18 PM

141 posts, read 235,088 times

Advertisements

Removed - sounds like an ad for services. The plan is to relo. to Atlanta, make it my long term home and start consulting again. I'll have plenty in savings to be comfortable while I ramp up again. Money will not be an issue.

Removed - sounds like an ad for services.

My specifics---

1. Budget-$900/month( I don't want to spend too much renting because my goal is to buy a loft with in a year or so of living there. I want to sign one lease for a year and than buy)
2. House/Condo/Townhome?-Apartment/studio
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)-work from home,until I lease a small ofice
4. Children(public school vs. private)-N/A (Child free and not planning to have any)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two-Mix. I lean more towards urban
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Yes, pub transport will be used along with my car
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. Middle class
8. Time frame for the move: 12 months from today (approx.).

I am planning the move now so I can make a few trips(3-4) over the next year.

About me:

39y/o black male
Child free
Jazz/live music fan
Fitness fan
wordly/open minded
I like being outside
Very friendly
Likes to network with upwardly mobile

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-18-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM

242 posts, read 356,101 times
This has to be one of the best threads about relocating. I am surprised you have no replies.

Removed - do not discuss "other guys" - answer THIS ONE, or not. Thank you.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-18-2013 at 08:48 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 05:50 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,279,773 times
If money is not an issue on a $900/month rental budget - damn I need to learn to be more content. lol

Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,418,551 times
Be careful - the Atlanta area M&A market is pretty soft right now. There has been some activity among large cap companies, but middle market is still a bit sluggish. During the heydays of the 90s and early 2000s, the middle market here was pretty active, both in M&A and public / private securities. But, our area seems to be lagging a bit in middle market activity - VC investment is still down, the private equity groups are a bit slow, and public securities issuances just don't exist, with a few exceptions. Deal lawyers and deal consultants alike are historically slow. That having been said, I think there are likely some plumb assignments that can be had, but the competition for them is pretty stiff. Best of luck to you!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:22 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,896,586 times
Buckhead / Lenox area is the first that came to mind for some reason. It is more on the "upscale" end of things but you should be able to a studio for around $900. Also check out Castleberry Hill or Cabbagetown if you want something more up-and coming / industrial converted lofts.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:46 AM

141 posts, read 235,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
If money is not an issue on a $900/month rental budget - damn I need to learn to be more content. lol
I clearly explained why I don't want to spend a lot renting.

I'll repost it for you:

My specifics---

1. Budget-$900/month( I don't want to spend too much renting because my goal is to buy a loft with in a year or so of living there. I want to sign one lease for a year and than buy)

Last edited by R.J. Kencade; 03-18-2013 at 07:04 AM..

Old 03-18-2013, 08:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,923,591 times
NOTICE:

1) If you ask for advice, and someone gives you advice, and you do not like that advice, then you have the option of ignoring it. Do not be confrontational with posters who offer you advice you do not like. Bad attitudes will attract bad replies. Do not self-advertise position, services, or suggest such.

2) If you are going to help a poster who is asking questions, then help them - do not comment on what other posters have done in the past, what you think about the question(s), or what you think about the poster who is asking them. Do not call someone a troll or any other name.

3) This is not a chat room. Post your inquiry, post your suggestions or answers to those inquiries, and that's it. No need to banter and bicker back and forth or the posts will be removed. Continued violations will receive infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: