Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 PM

32 posts, read 77,096 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for some bedroom and living room furniture for my home. I have already visited Rooms to Go, American Signature, Ikea, and Ashley's. Although they have a decent selection, I have been relatively underwhelmed. I have also tried the Dump and really did not like their offerings or prices. What are your favorite furniture stores? I am on a budget, so pricey locations will not work for me ($3000 max). Also, I do not like antique or second-hand items. I am in Buford, but will travel anywhere near or in the city for a good find. Any furniture store recommendations?

One more thing... I know there is an older thread with this same question. However, I am hoping for some alternate and more current responses. Thank you kindly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 05:14 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,814,344 times
Southern Comforts (Alpharetta, Roswell and Dunwoody) is a consignment store that also has some new items. I bought a new leather sofa, upholstered chair and coffee table at the Alpharetta location that are good quality and reasonably priced. Some of the consigned furniture, pictures and accessories are also very good.

You can also go to the outlets in Dawsonville, GA for Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware for some great deals.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:25 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,879,787 times
the thing about ikea is that their furniture can be modified, and since the furniture is so cheap, it's not expensive to do, and since it's not custom, "hacking" your ikea products can be as simple as exchanging one detachable part for another. i'm modding my karlstad currently. here's an example of someone else who did it:

before:

after:

Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 AM

23,467 posts, read 44,121,361 times
I have been a customer of Macy's Furniture at Perimeter Mall since 1989. My rep Linda (who had been there since the days of Rich's, but I don't if she's there now) would break her back for me, scouring the system for any promos and discounts that might linger out there. I could go to ten so-called discount furniture stores and still get the best deal at Macys. Plus you could pay it off on your card interest free.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:35 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,726,131 times
JC Penny Furniture Outlet in Clayton County! They switch it up on a weekly basis, depending on what doesn't sell in the real store I guess, but they have some very good deals. It's basically at least 50% off from the normal store prices. My whole living room is from there. Also, they continuously discount items, so if you see something you like but it is too expensive, go the next week, and it might be cheaper.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 AM

15 posts, read 33,355 times
JC Penney is a good one. Also American Freight has several locations and a good selection, though not the most cutting edge designs. The howell mill/14th street area has some cool furniture store. They might be kind of expensive tho.....

Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 AM

765 posts, read 1,111,091 times
Check out the Macy's Furniture Clearance Center at Town Center Mall which is located on the third floor of the Men's and Furniture Store (Macy's has two store locations at Town Center, the other is just for women). When you walk into the Macy's, you will be on the second floor in the Furniture Gallery, however, be sure to take the escalator to the third floor for the Furniture Clearance Center.

It is hit or miss at the Clearance Center as their inventory varies every week. Every 30 days that an item doesn't sell, they mark down more. Be sure to look at the color of the price tag to see how much of an extra discount to take - when it the price tag is purple, that is the final rock bottom price. Also, some of the furniture is damaged, so be sure to inspect. However, you won't find better deals on furniture in the southeast.

For high quality furniture at a great price, check out Cornerstone Furniture located on Huff Rd. in the Chattahoochee Industrial Blvd. outlet discount. They can custom order you high end furniture at the best prices. Also, while you are in that area, be sure to check out the other outlets, like West End Foundry (also known as World of Rugs) they have a huge selection of oriental rugs as well as furniture, too. Great prices on the rugs.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,882,415 times
The Dump.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,396,965 times
Check out the stores on Chattahoochee Avenue. They are pretty eclectic and generally have decent prices.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:13 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,275,349 times
Since you're on a budget - Underpriced Furniture in Norcross might be a good bet. Check out some of the bedroom/living room sets. The salesmen do not work on commision and they deliver the same day anywhere in Metro Altanta as long as you buy before 3pm. www.underpricedfurniture.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta