Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 11:25 PM

439 posts, read 853,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I have to agree with this. Women these days who have the degree, the good job, home, car, etc., they feel this makes a good catch. But often what women don't realize is that while it shows you are a responsible adult to have these things, bragging about accomplishments and trappings is actually a masculine thing to do. Men want to date women, not women who act like men.

Most men care about looks and femininity first. Everything else is a bonus. Men also have to feel chemistry with a woman coupled also with being in the settling down phase in their lives.
BINGO!

Emasculating men is not the way to go.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 AM

259 posts, read 394,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
As to upward mobility for anyone: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/22/bu..._20130722&_r=0

Atlanta was found to be THE worse city in the country for upward mobility. I never believed their hype. Is all boosterism. Based on reality on the streets. observation and witness accounts I can positively affirm that the "black mecca" is no more, it actually never really was. It has been made up.

As to dating. I never encountered a married black female there. I mean, seriously married in a long term monogamous relationship. I'd say most of them put up with the 'culture' that goes down there. Either they are separated (the husbands left them but never divorced, husbands do not like to pay alimony or child support so they remain married), date bumps who date everyone else, mostly are single mothers.

City lacks diversity and it is too monolithic.
Article doesn't even say what you are saying. There are also plenty of happily Madrid black women. You have to be kidding. Removed - do not insult

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 07-23-2013 at 08:20 AM..

Old 07-23-2013, 06:17 AM

3,421 posts, read 5,225,297 times
Quote:
As to dating. I never encountered a married black female there. I mean, seriously married in a long term monogamous relationship. I'd say most of them put up with the 'culture' that goes down there. Either they are separated (the husbands left them but never divorced, husbands do not like to pay alimony or child support so they remain married), date bumps who date everyone else, mostly are single mothers.

City lacks diversity and it is too monolithic.
I've met many married black women here but they are transplants who came here with husbands in tow. I personally don't know any single black women transplants who moved here and found husbands. Everyone is just as single and dateless as they where when they first moved here, most going on for years and years without as much as a date. One of my friends lived here for 8 years and never went out on a date. She got plenty of male attention but no dates. Only married men wanted to get with her. That has been my experience as well--only married men wanted to "date" me and I don't date married men. Period.

I have men hit on me and tell me how gorgeous I am all the time, and how nice they think I am but they never want to go out on a date. It's always, "You're the full package: you are gorgeous, smart, funny and a sweet girl, but I don't want to date you. By they way, can we have sex?" It's bizarre.

I'm not saying it's impossible to find a man here. I hear from other people that their friends do and I do see black women in relationships, but it's very hard to come by.

If you are a black woman who comes here with a great job and you want to take advantage of the cheaper housing that's fine, but be ok with going long periods without meeting men or going on dates and use your money to travel so that you can go to other cities to meet men.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:25 AM

421 posts, read 750,243 times
Quote:
BINGO!

Emasculating men is not the way to go.
How does have a education and good job " emasculating"?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
I've met many married black women here but they are transplants who came here with husbands in tow. I personally don't know any single black women transplants who moved here and found husbands. Everyone is just as single and dateless as they where when they first moved here, most going on for years and years without as much as a date. One of my friends lived here for 8 years and never went out on a date. She got plenty of male attention but no dates. Only married men wanted to get with her. That has been my experience as well--only married men wanted to "date" me and I don't date married men. Period.

I have men hit on me and tell me how gorgeous I am all the time, and how nice they think I am but they never want to go out on a date. It's always, "You're the full package: you are gorgeous, smart, funny and a sweet girl, but I don't want to date you. By they way, can we have sex?" It's bizarre.

I'm not saying it's impossible to find a man here. I hear from other people that their friends do and I do see black women in relationships, but it's very hard to come by.

If you are a black woman who comes here with a great job and you want to take advantage of the cheaper housing that's fine, but be ok with going long periods without meeting men or going on dates and use your money to travel so that you can go to other cities to meet men.
I have to see pics of women who claim to not get dates for years on end. Something is fishy about that.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Being that there is a large amount of overweight women in Atlanta, what you're stating although truth, will never be accepted. Because that means admitting to a problem and subsequently having to lose weight. They do not want to do that because their crutch is their fat which they exchange for 'confidence'.
If that's the case then maybe that's why they can't get dates?

Old 07-23-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
I have to see pics of women who claim to not get dates for years on end. Something is fishy about that.
Nothing fishy about it. It's just the way it is. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. That still doesn't change that this is what a lot of black women experience here. Finding men who want to date you and men who only want to have sex isn't the same thing.

Using myself as an example, I am not hurting for male attention at all. However, if I was willing to have casual sex, I would have men lined up at my door. But because I want a serious relationship, men don't want to be bothered with me. I met a guy here that I could tell was really digging me from the day we met. I'd became friends with him and eventually he told me that he's in love with me but then said he didn't want to date me and only wanted to have casual sex. This is a VERY common theme here.

I guess it's because the men here have so many single women to choose from that there's no incentive.

Last edited by Atlanta_BD; 07-23-2013 at 06:48 AM..

Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 AM

Study: Atlanta is happy hunting for single men - Atlanta Business Chronicle

Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Nothing fishy about it. It's just the way it is. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to. That still doesn't change that this is what a lot of black women experience here. Finding men who want to date you and men who only want to have sex isn't the same thing.

Using myself as an example, I am not hurting for male attention at all. However, if I was willing to have casual sex, I would have men lined up at my door. But because I want a serious relationship, men don't want to be bothered with me. I met a guy here that I could tell was really digging me from the day we met. I'd became friends with him and eventually he told me that he's in love with me but then said he didn't want to date me and only wanted to have casual sex. This is a VERY common theme here.

I guess it's because the men here have so many single women to choose from that there's no incentive.
I say it's fishy not because I don't believe it, but because I don't think these women are as attractive and non crazy as they claim. Plenty of women get married here judging by the suburban nature of the city, so someone is getting dates. All these single family homes with kids didn't just pop up. I think the single women are just the loudest about their status vs the married or long term relationship women.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:27 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,632,578 times
Yeah we need to see some current pics, credit scores, baggage reports, etc. Anybody can hide behind a computer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta