Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,877,894 times

Advertisements

Atlanta a Top 10 World Cup viewing city; Owners of city's new MLS team love it - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 02:45 PM

57 posts, read 75,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
What I meant was the hype that every game is important, but based on what im read mls plays too many games. Games are NOT important like college football or NFL playoff games. Thats what I was referring to. Its a big reason I kinda lost interest in NBA, that and all the bandwagon fans since the 80s. NFL doesnt have the bangwagon culture like NBA does.
Now I understand your meaning. I don't think MLS has too many games, but the season is stretched out over 9 months which is very long, and too many teams make the MLS Cup playoffs. Those are a couple of my concerns. But the league is very good and keeps improving, and I am glad we have it. So looking forward to MLS in Atlanta.

Old 06-26-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoc View Post
In the last 2 years all the teams that are now in the wold cup competed amongst all other teams in their continents, to have access to the final stage of the world cup. This might be more exiting in europe that in north america because here everybody knows that US and Mexico are going to the wold cup.
I disagree. Many of the gorups in Europe are very similar - perhaps only 1 or 2 teams in most groups are heavy favourites to advance to the finals. And North American qualifying is normally exciting because even though USA and Mexico are always expected to advance, most matched are very close. Also, let's not forget that Mexico BARELY qualified for the current World Cup, so the most recent North American qualifying tournament was especially exciting. Mexico played so poorly in qualifying and finished fourth in the North American qualifying tournament, behind USA, Costa Rica, and Honduras. Mexico was *this close* to finishing 5th behind Panama, which would have knocked Mexico out of the current World Cup Finals tournament.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieg73 View Post
I disagree. Many of the gorups in Europe are very similar - perhaps only 1 or 2 teams in most groups are heavy favourites to advance to the finals. And North American qualifying is normally exciting because even though USA and Mexico are always expected to advance, most matched are very close. Also, let's not forget that Mexico BARELY qualified for the current World Cup, so the most recent North American qualifying tournament was especially exciting. Mexico played so poorly in qualifying and finished fourth in the North American qualifying tournament, behind USA, Costa Rica, and Honduras. Mexico was *this close* to finishing 5th behind Panama, which would have knocked Mexico out of the current World Cup Finals tournament.
I hope Costa Rica can pull this out today

Old 07-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
I hope Costa Rica can pull this out today
I, too, was hoping Costa Rica would win. They took the Netherlands to PKs, which was more than most people expected. Costa Rica did themselves proud.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Atlanta’s MLS team benefiting from World Cup

Up to 12,700 season ticket pledges. That puts us at #2 for most pledges for any inaugural season and the rate of purchases is only accelerating. The #1 season ticket count is 14K and that seems reachable at this rate. All very impressive when you consider the Silverbacks stadium holds 5K and many MLS stadiums are 20K total seats. It is definitely looking like we will not need the "downsizing technology" for some of the bigger MLS games at this rate.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:13 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,240,118 times
Do we have any idea of how much season tickets are going to cost?

I'm somewhat tempted...

Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 AM

298 posts, read 373,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Do we have any idea of how much season tickets are going to cost?

I'm somewhat tempted...
Prices will be all over the place, because like with any team there's a range of pricing based on where you're sitting. The average season ticket price in 2014 per team seems to be around $500 - $600. Keep in mind, that's the AVERAGE season ticket price (you can read more here). Here is a breakdown of the season ticket price for the supports sections across the league. As you can see, the costs range from around $200 up to around $470. It seems most hover around $300. Considering all the seats they'll have for the soccer configuration in the new stadium and also that the stadium won't be soccer only, I imagine we'll probably be on the lower end of season tickets. I assume they'll want to fill the stadium rather than nickle and diming the fan base. Arthur has proved that's his preference in the past.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 AM

687 posts, read 745,189 times
Big shout out to the Atlanta Silverbacks who narrowly lost to Chicago Fire from the MLS last night.

Fantastic display by the team, the fans and the club. If you haven't ever been to a game you should really try and catch one soon, its a fantastic couple of hours.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Big shout out to the Atlanta Silverbacks who narrowly lost to Chicago Fire from the MLS last night.

Fantastic display by the team, the fans and the club. If you haven't ever been to a game you should really try and catch one soon, its a fantastic couple of hours.
Agreed! Knocking out two MLS teams and holding the third to a tie until the 82nd min of the semifinals is something to be proud of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta