Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 PM

64 posts, read 73,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrythesnake View Post
No state is generally. Atlanta is better overall than those cities
In your opinion, you do not have any facts to back this up. And Atlanta does not offer more entertainment either, I consider them the three on the same level (Atlanta, Dallas, Houston), stop being bias

Last edited by CMAN83; 12-20-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 10:37 PM

4,437 posts, read 6,312,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMAN83 View Post
In your opinion, you do not have any facts to back this up. And Atlanta does not offer more entertainment either, I consider them the three on the same level (Atlanta, Dallas, Houston), stop being bias
I agree with this. I think some Georgia posters who may not be completely familiar with today's Dallas and Houston may not realize what all these areas offer. And the same goes for some Texas posters who may not be familiar with Atlanta.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:55 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,881,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Whats the current special at Whataburger?

I remember the green chili hamburgers they would come out with every once and awhile were really good. Then the one with TEXAS toast and some sorta special sauce was my favorite.

If you ever have some extra ketchup tubs, send them over my way. They have the best ketchup.
that's what you guys have right. i love atlanta but whataburger is amazing.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
that's what you guys have right. i love atlanta but whataburger is amazing.
ugh, I never caught on to the Whataburger craze here in Texas, but give me some In-N-Out burger in the Metroplex any day!

Old 12-21-2013, 06:56 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,401,104 times
Yuck!!!! To all of the whatsitburgerjoints.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:13 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,904,171 times
Lived in Atlanta for 20 years, been in Houston for 10. Houston now has the growth and dynamic environment that I remember from Atlanta during my early years there.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:31 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,243,795 times
Atlanta isn't so much about unbridled growth anymore than it is about smart growth.

I would be shocked to find there to be anything like Ponce City Market or Krog Street Market in Houston, less shocked in Dallas. And then there's the Beltline, which is an incredible ultra dynamic project that will change the entire face of the city. The type of growth happening here is much different from what I would expect in cities in Texas. Although I could easily see a Buckhead Atlanta type project over there, just more spread out.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:46 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,351,106 times
Quote:
Atlanta isn't so much about unbridled growth anymore than it is about smart growth.

I would be shocked to find there to be anything like Ponce City Market or Krog Street Market in Houston, less shocked in Dallas. And then there's the Beltline, which is an incredible ultra dynamic project that will change the entire face of the city. The type of growth happening here is much different from what I would expect in cities in Texas. Although I could easily see a Buckhead Atlanta type project over there, just more spread out.
But as other posters have hinted at already, Houston doesn't need to worry about comparing itself to Atlanta. We simply have bigger fish to fry.

Houston is (somewhat slowly) headed towards a Los Angeles/Chicago-hybrid model. Growth and development are getting smarter by the minute. And regardless of what people believe is going on in the city, it is densifying.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:06 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,881,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
But as other posters have hinted at already, Houston doesn't need to worry about comparing itself to Atlanta. We simply have bigger fish to fry.

okay then. you work on trying to get everyone to believe you're the next LA, and we'll worry about smart growth. good deal?

Old 12-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I think the Beltline is a great concept that Atlanta is growing with, but Dallas already has an extensive urban trail system and the Buffalo Bayou system in Houston is pretty nice and expending rapidly as well.

Ponce City Market will be a cool development. I wish it a lot of success. I lived in Poncey-Highland when I was in Atlanta. Southside on Lamar is probably the closest thing to this currently in Dallas: South Side on Lamar - Loft Rental in Downtown Dallas Texas

And Fort Worth has Montgomery Plaza: MONTGOMERY PLAZA - Fort Worth, Texas

Krog Street Market is a nice concept. You can find similar concepts in Dallas at the following:

Dallas Farmer's Market
Dallas Farmers Market | Dallas Morning News

Trinity Groves (First Phase open)
About - Trinity Groves

Sylvan Thirty (Under Construction)
Welcome to Sylvan|Thirty, Dallas

As for the Buckhead Atlanta comparison... The same developer building that is putting up a project in Houston (River Oaks District) right now too. It will be around the same type, but I think it will have more ultra high end designers though.

River Oaks District
http://www.riveroaksdistrict.com/

Dallas has Highland Park Village which has been around since 1931 and is famous internationally so I know it's not going anywhere: http://hpvillage.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta