Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 10:00 PM

32,036 posts, read 36,907,551 times

Advertisements

I haven't looked it up lately but isn't it the case that only a small number of fans take MARTA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 10:02 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,142,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
This entire conversation, like just about every thread on the C-D Atlanta forum can be summed up by the ever present obsession that many of you have.

No matter what the topic, the solution is always to build transit, and the problem is always not enough transit. It's time to beat another dead horse and to learn a new tune.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:15 PM

858 posts, read 1,388,212 times
I'm not saying it's as easy... the transfer to CCT alone obviously nullifies that to anyone starting the trip on MARTA. I'm just pointing out that there's a reasonable way to get there using transit. Talking about sidewalk quality being good vs. great is kind of picking nits, don't you think? But on that note, you don't have to go through the mall or under 285... it's just Spring to Cumberland. As for the shuttle, I imagine there might be one since they'll be running them around the area anyway. I'm not taking sides here, just calling for an honest discussion... there might not be a rail station there but saying you can only drive to it just isn't true.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,938,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
I'm not saying it's as easy... the transfer to CCT alone obviously nullifies that to anyone starting the trip on MARTA. I'm just pointing out that there's a reasonable way to get there using transit. Talking about sidewalk quality being good vs. great is kind of picking nits, don't you think? But on that note, you don't have to go through the mall or under 285... it's just Spring to Cumberland. As for the shuttle, I imagine there might be one since they'll be running them around the area anyway. I'm not taking sides here, just calling for an honest discussion... there might not be a rail station there but saying you can only drive to it just isn't true.
Oh wait, buses and shuttles get caught in game day traffic. Unless they do like MARTA/Atlanta did and close the street to general traffic.
Cumberland Transfer Station to proposed stadium site, not the 'entertainment' village is 1.3 miles. Its not a straight shot and there currently is not wayfind signs for pedestrians.
Georgia State Station to Turner Field gate is 1 mile, straight shot.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Its not a straight shot and there currently is not wayfind signs for pedestrians.
What the..? The stadium doesn't even exist yet, why would there be signs for it? I'm just saying this statement is false:

Quote:
The new location is accessible by only 1 mode of transportation, cars.
I guess I'm not surprised you're avoiding my point

Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
What the..? The stadium doesn't even exist yet, why would there be signs for it? I'm just saying this statement is false:

I guess I'm not surprised you're avoiding my point
Your right that there wouldn't be signs now, but is wayfinding signs in the proposed plans?
What point? Its been a long thread.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
What point?
Your statement about the new stadium only being reachable by car is false. I said that in the very post you just quoted. You're hilarious dude.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Your statement about the new stadium only being reachable by car is false. I said that in the very post you just quoted. You're hilarious dude.
How many people do you really expect to ride MARTA and transfer to CCT 10, that barely runs on Sundays? If the Braves really cared about moving even the same amount of fans that currently use transit, they would have located where there is existing transit. The move looks as if the organization doesn't care about those fans and employees that relied on MART to get to Turner Field.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:31 AM

32,036 posts, read 36,907,551 times
Quote:
Yes, because transferring SO hard. If you don't want to transfer to GA State, you could always take the Braves Shuttle.
cq, I appreciate your MARTA boosterism. As I've said many times before, I am a MARTA supporter myself.

But if I've got to drive to a MARTA station, park, walk to the station, take the train to Five Points, transfer to another train, and then walk a mile, it's just not worth the hassle.

Bear in mind that I usually only go to the game with a bunch of kids, so that makes it even more complicated.

Old 03-06-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
cq, I appreciate your MARTA boosterism. As I've said many times before, I am a MARTA supporter myself.

But if I've got to drive to a MARTA station, park, walk to the station, take the train to Five Points, transfer to another train, and then walk a mile, it's just not worth the hassle.

Bear in mind that I usually only go to the game with a bunch of kids, so that makes it even more complicated.
Its a good way to wear the kids out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta