Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,335 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!

I am an elementary school teacher for six years, and my husband and I are contemplating moving to GA. We have one child, a 12 year old son.

We are considering moving to Smyrna, Marietta, or Roswell. We need the following things in order to be happy:

#1 - A SAFE diverse place to live
#2 - A SAFE diverse school to WORK in

*Easy accesss to a full service library where computers are plentiful (because I tutor kids at the library, and I assign them educational websites to work on)

*A park with an indoor pool (because my husband and son are avid swimmers), a park that offers football, baseball, and soccer for my son, and a park that has a SAFE walking path for me

*Barnes and Noble nearby

*Best Buy nearby

*A Safe major mall that would have a Sears, JC Penny, Macys etc nearby

Which of these cities Smyrna, Marietta, or Roswell would have all of this nearby and is safe?

Thank you for any help you can offer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 PM

25 posts, read 84,077 times
Default always learning to move to Atlanta

Peachtree City (30 minute drive to ATL airport) fits all of your requirements! Northern arc of city is too crowded. Check out comparative home values PTC 30269 zip vs other suburban areas on Zillow.com

Old 01-19-2008, 02:51 PM

67 posts, read 302,094 times
We live in East Cobb (Marietta address) and have all the above mentioned. Very happy with this area, definitly worth checking out. There is an aquatics center right by our neighborhood on Sandy Plains Rd and Mountain View Library is right across the road.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:13 AM

70 posts, read 295,837 times
Moved from Sunrise, Fl a year ago to Athens,Ga because I did not want to be near anything as big as Atlanta. You should look into the Athens area, It has a young crowd, "University of Georgia" and very little crime compared to Atlanta or Ft,Lauderdale.
Just wish I moved years ago. It is beautiful here, everyone waves and says hi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta